The rupture of the foot: symptoms, first aid and treatment
The rupture of the foot: it would seem a trifle, but it is not
Ankle person in the entire musculoskeletal system plays a key role, since it «assumes» the load while walking.
People should watch for signs of fatigue, which are expressed in pain in the foot.
Excessive strain on the feet can lead to sprain or tear, which requires much more time to recover.
Anatomy of the foot: the key function of ligaments
The human foot consists of 26 bones. The connection of the two bones forms a joint.
For certain «maintenance» of their coupling, there are bundles that are durable. Experts note that their thickness and strength much better performance in comparison with the rest of the ligament located in the human body.
Such strength is due to the daily involvement during movements and walking. The most important and easily traumatized ligament — deltoid.
It is located on the inner surface of the foot and connects the three major bones – the tibia, the talus and the heel.
With the birth strength of ligaments is no different and has the same structure. Just in the foot subsequently there is a kind of strengthening.
Such moments cannot be attributed to the positive aspect, because the strength causes them to rupture or tear, whereas a sprain is very rare.
The cause of the injury
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
The mechanism of injury is quite ridiculous. Here, we cannot talk about professional reasons for the damage, although this is not excluded.
However, most injuries associated with rupture, are aspects of everyday – ordinary podvorot feet when walking can lead to trouble. As a rule, if a person goes over a rough road and cuffs his leg, he experiences pain, which eventually subsides.
This happens often, but the injury occurs due to the elasticity of the ligaments. If the victim leads a sedentary lifestyle, they lose their elasticity and any injury is characterized by the gap.
- young girls prefer high heels;
- people with excess weight;
- citizens who have marked weakness of the locomotor apparatus, caused by any aspects;
- athletes who have already received a leg injury;
To protect yourself from trouble should be to everyone. Go over a rough road and buy only comfortable shoes.
Signs and symptoms of torn ligaments
Symptoms of torn ligaments of the foot confused. When you stretch the person may experience pain, but will be able to travel.
Also the stretching causes the appearance of a bruise – hematoma blood – because it occurs internal bleeding.
When you break the patient experiences the following symptoms:
- Increasing pain, which is somewhat dulled in the rest position. Palpation or movement the person is experiencing severe pain.
- Over time, the ankle becomes less mobile, which is sometimes treated as a fracture.
- In the damaged location is marked inflammation and swelling. Palpation may remain the marks from the fingertips.
- Often at the break capillaries occur on the skin. This is due to the presence of bleeding in the ankle due to torn ligaments.
At the first signs of one of the symptoms should consult the doctor for help and diagnosis.
People when walking or playing sports can tuck the leg so what happens is typical for a rupture of ligaments damage.
Such injuries are distinguished in accordance with the number of broken fibers.
Therefore, the gap is classified by the extent of the damage, where there are the following:
- 1 degree can be characterized by stretching, as there is not diagnosed fibers (or insignificant).
- 2 the degree gap says about the safety of the functions of the damaged ligament, but involving rupture of a small number of fibers.
- 3 degree gap characterizes the trauma that caused damage to all fibers of the ligament. There is a complete loss of their function, leading to immobility of the feet. Also often diagnose avulsion of the ligament from its attachment.
The degree of rupture of the ligaments of the foot can be set only after a complete and thorough diagnosis.
Diagnosis of injury
During the first call to the doctor, the specialist sends the patient to undergo a series of diagnostic studies. In the initial phase leg of the patient subject to examination.
A qualified technician during the inspection and palpation can define the nature of the damage, but diagnosis requires the results of the survey.
- x-ray examination allows to determine the nature of injury (sprain or rupture);
- ultrasound examination was performed to confirm the torn ligament with the presence of hemorrhage in the ankle;
- CT and MRI contributes to the determination of number of fibres that were damaged during injury.
According to the results, a specialist will diagnose the nature and extent of the injury and prescribes a treatment.
First aid similar to that provided by injury of the foot. Immediately after the injury, the victim should give first aid.
To start with the damaged foot should remove their shoes, while this action is not difficult.
Since the gap is formed the swelling, the Shoe will compress the foot, and deliver even greater human suffering. You must also apply a cold compress.
It is better to use ice. To keep it need before the arrival of the medical team.
First aid involves providing immobility of the ankle.
If you have to deliver the injured man to the clinic by yourself, tie the foot with an elastic bandage to ensure stability and prevent dangerous consequences.
Therapy in a medical institution
Treatment of torn ligaments of the foot requires the use of possible methods for connection of the damaged fibers.
This can only be achieved through surgery, where surgeons cut open the body of the affected area, clean bundles from the accumulated blood clots and conduct the direct stitching of the fibers.
The operation is done immediately after diagnosis. Is used treatment for the fast recovery of the function of the ligaments and of the ankle as a whole.
Rehabilitation in the postoperative period
Rehabilitation after surgery can take several months, if it was damaged and broken fibers. To restore used, such treatments as:
- Imposing pressing bandages or splints to ensure the immobility of the ankle. It should be noted that the best foot position at this moment is her exalted state. Thus less blood flows to the damaged area and not provoke an inflammatory process.
- The use of medications to eliminate the pain and reduce inflammation. Patients spend a course of intramuscular injections and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- For tissue repair and functions used in physical therapy – UHF therapy, paraffin pack. Don’t forget about the massages.
- In the extreme stage of recovery using physical therapy. Exercises help to restore mobility of the foot.
Treatment of torn ligaments in folk medicine will only aggravate the situation in the case of self-medication without diagnosis. No people’s method does not «connect» the broken fiber.
For some relief of symptoms, you can use the overlay hot compresses. On the gauze, folded in several layers, it is necessary to apply raw egg protein in a thick layer.
Applying to the damaged area, wrap with cellophane, and then tie a woolen scarf. To withstand compress for 5-6 hours.
Complications and prevention
Often the ligaments of the foot accompanied by a hemarthrosis – blood in the joint cavity. In this case, the patient carried out the puncture, with the subsequent plaster for a complete immobility of the ankle.
Also the failure to comply with doctor’s orders during the rehabilitation period can provoke the situation with the irregular accretion of fibers. This causes pain while walking and when new trauma brings a patient to a wheelchair.
Prevention of injury is such that requires caution during sports and walking on uneven surfaces on the road or in uncomfortable shoes.
After the injury should not count on your hand in foot treatment and to consult a doctor for help, qualified examination and treatment.