The symptoms and treatment of arthritis of the hip joint (coxitis)
How to identify arthritis of the hip joint and begin treatment?
The hip joint is the most massive in the body performs a very important function in connecting the femur of the legs with the pelvis, allowing the person to move.
For this reason, this joint is assigned a high load, comparable with the total load on the spine along its entire length.
Arthritis can significantly weaken the joint and cause a lot of problems, and in severe cases to exclude the possibility of movements of the lower limbs.
That is why it is important to diagnose and start treatment, while preventing the occurrence of complications.
Features of the disease
Arthritis of the hip joint (coxitis) occurs, as a rule, upon reaching the age of forty, however, the manifestation of the disease may be seen in children and adolescents, and in young people.
At the same time women are more vulnerable to the disease than men.
This disease can affect one or both hip joint from, but in most cases bilateral arthritis ailment is exposed first, one of the joints, which after some time it then builds to a second, more healthy.
The main feature that distinguishes arthritis of the hip joint from the hip – only inflammatory symptoms.
Modern medicine identifies several types of arthritis, each of which has its own characteristics:
- Nonspecific. The occurrence of this type of activity is triggered by bacterial infections.
- Specific. Caused by diseases such as syphilis, gonorrhea, and tuberculosis.
- Rheumatoid. This type affects both the hip part.
- Jet. The development of the disease in this case is characterized as a reaction to infectious disease, usually within two to three weeks after the disease.
- Transistor. Occurs as a consequence of post inflammation or injury that affects mainly children.
The above forms of hip septic arthritis of the hip joint are symptoms.
The causes of the disease
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
Arthritis can be caused by various reasons, the most common of which are the following:
- complications of acute and chronic diseases with infectious nature;
- excessive and prolonged exercise, resulting in a condition of pathological fatigue of hip joints;
- of metabolic disorders and disruption of organismal metabolism, salt deposits in the joints;
- autoimmune operation mode of the body, in which a person’s immune system begins to terrorize its own tissues and organs.
In addition to the reasons that trigger the disease, there are others trauma, severe hypothermia, dysfunction of the nervous system and so on.
The symptoms of the disease
Symptoms of arthritis of the hip joint to a large extent depend on its varieties listed above, however, is common to all forms symptom – pain whining character in the pelvis, groin and buttocks.
Their intensity increases in the morning, is also noticeable discomfort while getting up from a sitting position and bending of the body.
Quite often manifests itself redness, which causes flushing of the skin around the site of the disease. Pressure on the affected area causes pain, the ability to move the leg without pain to completely or partially missing.
In severe cases, possibly a fusion of the surfaces of the joint and atrophy of muscles.
Due to the fact that the hip septic arthritis of the hip joint affects a large area of the musculoskeletal system, its course is often accompanied by manifestations of intoxication at the organismal level, fever, increased weakness, fever.
The severity of characteristic symptoms of the disease is in direct proportion to the severity of its occurrence:
- Acute (and subacute) – a sharp education of pain and rapid loss of joint mobility. Is characterized by severe flow and seriously disturb the function of the body, and then can seamlessly transition into the chronic form.
- Chronic – is characterized by periods of remissions and exacerbation of symptoms, and the progressive development of irreversible consequences that may lead to permanent immobility of the joint.
You also need to specify a characteristic for each of the common forms of the disease manifestations:
- Purulent the symptoms are similar to General intoxication, the weakness, high perspiration, and increased body temperature. Possible accumulation of pus in the joint, which further exacerbates the condition of the body.
- Rheumatoid – parallel lesions, swelling and stiffness of both joints and lasting pain attacks which can last for up to ten consecutive days, and then subside.
- Psoriaticeski. Unevenly defeat of the joints, bluish discoloration of the skin in their region, as well as its roughness.
Diagnosis of hip septic arthritis is not something terrible, as this disease is quite successfully treatable, especially in the early stages of the occurrence.
This diagnosis is most often render the elderly, however, at risk are children and middle-aged people.
It is also possible to avoid development of this disease, by its prevention, which anyone can do.
Peculiarities of disease in children
Arthritis of the hip is manifested not only in adults but in children.
Diagnosis of this disease is quite complicated due to the fact that the child is often unable to adequately assess their health and to indicate the source and character of pain.
It is very important to begin prompt treatment children arthritis because the joint damage in early childhood can leave an indelible imprint on all subsequent human life.
Fortunately, it is possible treatment of this disease in children.
Reactive coxitis in children
Under this name hides a purulent inflammatory joint disease that occurs on the background of the child suffered from an infectious disease.
It manifests itself as a sharp deterioration of the General condition of the body, also appear typical intoxication symptoms, fever and some other symptoms.
Treatment children reactive arthritis of the hip joint takes place in three ways:
For greater efficiency of treatment of the above mentioned methods are used together.
The primary goal of treatment of arthritis of the hip joint is the rehabilitation of the hotbed of the infection and complete restoration of functions that should perform a healthy joint.
After achieving the result usually assigned therapeutic massage to promote health.
Typically, to cure a disease used two main methods:
- Medication – involves the passage of a patients course of anti-inflammatory drugs non-steroidal type. To increase the effectiveness of treatment acceptance of funds is accompanied by injections of corticosteroids inside the joint, but only in cases, when the inflammation observed in acute pain.
- Surgery – the affected joint is replaced by prosthesis in that situation, when conservative methods of treatment for a long time do not bring the expected result.
In the initial stages of the disease can apply an orthopaedic treatment in which the joint is firmly fixed and immobilized, and the pain removed drugs.
You can also turn to folk medicine. The effective impact of the bath, which includes bran and sea salt.
Often used sea sand, baths with coniferous solution, the ointment of birch buds and turpentine. These methods are well suited for the prevention and elimination of pain, but should consult a doctor.
Launched arthritis of the hip joint can lead to its accretion, or Vice versa, the destruction – all this inevitably leads to disability.
Also in the last stages observed in patients with claudication, the lengthening or shortening of the limb attached to the affected joint, prolonged pain. Rapidly progressive arthritis may lead to atrophy of the muscles of the thighs and groin.
The disease can be prevented.
This requires adherence to the following points, preferably all at the same time:
- adequate physical activity;
- healthy and adequate food;
- control own weight;
- protection of joints from excessive cooling;
- the use of comfortable shoes.
Thus, maintaining a healthy lifestyle can greatly reduce the risk of disease this dangerous disease.
Many people delay the treatment of coxitis, and then get a limp, severe pain in the pelvic region, the overall deterioration of the body and the risk of disability.
For this reason, do not delay treatment and consult a doctor at the first symptoms, especially if we are talking about the baby.