The symptoms and treatment of polyarthrosis: when it comes to disability
Complexity of treatment and the risk of disability when polyarthrosis joints
Diseases of joints – that’s what you should pay attention in the first place, if you feel the characteristic aching fingers immediately on awakening.
If walking, you feel pain, gait gradually acquires a certain lameness, most likely, has already begun a special degenerative changes of the articular cartilage, which lead to the development of the polyarthrosis – serious diseases that require prompt action, including stopping the destruction, timely and effective treatment and prevention to prevent complications.
What is the polyarthrosis?
Osteoarthritis of the knee – degenerative-dystrophic joint destruction, leading to partial or complete immobility.
The polyarthrosis of the joints – a disease that affects multiple joints in the human body.
Experts note a characteristic feature of the disease is symmetrical lesions to diagnose impossible.
Moreover, people within a few years can be unaware that his body began a destructive process.
The polyarthrosis recognized as a disease of the elderly. It is considered as an independent disease, although its development begins by any changes in the activities of the human body.
At the current pace and rhythm of life there are cases of diagnosis of disorders in young people. This is often due to neglect of the disease, which was diagnosed in the patient before, but have not been timely medical intervention.
Causes and risk factors
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
A prerequisite to the development of disease can be:
- infectious diseases – syphilis, gonorrhea, tuberculosis and other diseases;
- immune disorders – disorders of the endocrine system, hormonal disorders during menopause in women;
- can develop due to earlier vaccination, if a person says lowered immunity;
- physical stress on the joints by the nature of professional activity, and during sports activities;
- transferred earlier injury – bruises, sprains, fractures.
Depending on the reasons for the development of the disease forms may differ materially in the further progression. In the most advanced cases, articular cartilage is replaced by scar tissue that prevents normal movement of the joint.
In case of untimely intervention of scar tissue tends to be replaced by connective tissue, which subsequently forms the ossification and leads to a complete loss of functionality of the joint.
The initial symptoms of polyarthrosis includes the following manifestations:
- pain in joints when moving;
- if the affected joints of the feet, so the patient experiences characteristic pain and instability;
- if the affected upper limb, then the patient noted the inadequate capture of objects, for example, in the morning, can not hold hands the mug;
- by touching the joints, you can feel a certain soreness of the ligaments connected with joints.
When one of these manifestations, a person should immediately consult a doctor, as the disease quickly becomes the «running» stage, which causes some complications, for example, provoked the formation of bursitis or synovitis, develops joint deformity occurs wasting of regional muscles.
Varieties and classification of disease
The polyarthrosis in the international classification of diseases (ICD-10) under code M-15 related to the group of diseases of the musculoskeletal system and connective tissue.
Represented disease in virtue of their nature, has established the list of the types and stages of manifestation.
Here are the following aspects.
Types of polyarthrosis:
- primary – diagnosed in cases where the cause of the disease failed to install;
- secondary – can be diagnosed in cases where the reason for development was established;
- deforming – diagnosed in cases where have already been identified elementary processes of deformation of the joints with accompanying severe pain.
Stage of disease:
- The initial mobility of joints is saved, but the pain and discomfort to determine the gravity of the problem is impossible.
- The development of the disease – severe pain in the joints, the crunch when driving, it is necessary to exert some force to carry out flexion and extension of the joint.
- Launched the polyarthrosis – severe pain with movement, medications (analgesics) does not help, there is a deformation, with the result that surgical intervention is required.
The type and stage of disease under consideration is determined only by specialist examination and certain diagnostic methods.
Particularly disorders of the hands
The polyarthrosis of the hands occurs much more often all the other varieties of the disease.
The culprit, a heavily loaded brush, fingers.
Here one example is the work of a cook or athletic performance – lifting.
It is not surprising that women suffer from of the disease more often than men, because even ordinary hobby knitting or other needlework may provoke degenerative destruction of the joints of the fingers.
Experts strongly recommend at the first signs of crackle or partial loss of opportunity to capture the subjects to turn to professionals, because the treatment of late stage may be confined to the conduct of arthroplasty – replacement of joints with artificial implants.
This operation is effective, but the lifespan of implants is quite fragmented, from 5 to 25 years.
Disease of the knee
Polyarthrosis the knee joint is a common condition in those people whose life is in the power of labor activities is associated with a long stay on his feet, walking and other load on the legs.
Among other things, the reasons can distinguish the presence of infectious diseases, disruption of metabolic processes in the body, as well as the usual drop on the knee leads to degenerative changes in cartilage.
It should be noted that destruction may not present themselves for some time – no swelling, change in color of skin, temperature of reaction.
The disease may at once declare themselves severe pain that is difficult to resolve with medicines.
Diagnosis of the disease
At the stage of diagnosis of the disease is necessary to distinguish polyarthrosis from arthritis where the overgrowth of articular cartilage is due to fluid accumulation, which precedes the inflammatory process.
Laboratory testing should be performed to identify inflammation in the body by the taking of blood and urine.
If any features are not identified on the basis of x-ray examination can diagnose the presented illness.
How to treat polyarthrosis?
The treatment of this disease includes medication and other non-pharmacological methods for restoring normal functioning of the joint.
Medication includes the use of:
- systemic non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- glucocorticoids, administered intra-articular;
- chondroprotectors intended for insertion in painful joints;
- various ointments, gels and creams, has a warming, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
Non-drug treatment involves conducting the course:
- physiotherapy – various thermal treatments, hydrotherapy and other methods;
- therapeutic exercise under the careful supervision of a specialist.
If application of all listed methods does not give a positive result in the treatment and the patient’s condition is only getting worse, surgery.
Complications and disability
The above-described transformation of scar tissue in the ossification of an already refers to complications.
Treatment of polyarthrosis operable means may solve the situation, but its holding is not applicable in all cases.
For example, children under 12 and elderly people aged 60 and over – not undergo surgical intervention.
Here you can lead people suffering from heart disease that contraindicated the effects of General anesthesia. So ill have to rebuild its former comfortable standard of living.
They can also apply for disability due to the loss of motor activity of the limbs affected by polyarthrosis, which leads to difficulty in the implementation of employment and other activities necessary for normal self-service.
As prevention of the disease can cause such precautions as reducing the stress on the joints, application of various means that increase blood circulation, and protection from hypothermia, which also provokes the development of diseases of the joints.
Avoid excessive loads even in the workforce. If your work is connected with physical activity, try to rest more.
Consult with a specialist in the use of multivitamins, which provide the cartilage tissue micro-nutrients. Remember that the state of your joints depends on your attitude.