Therapeutic massage in osteochondrosis of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine
Treatment of osteoarthritis with massage techniques for cervical, thoracic and lumbar back
Low back pain is a pathology of a chronic nature, which affects the discs between the vertebrae and cartilage. Mostly the disease develops after age 40.
The symptoms of the disease show up even to 20 years. One of the main causes of pain in the back is considered to be osteochondrosis. In the course of the disease is disturbed blood flow and metabolism in the spinal column.
At the initial stage, the intervertebral discs lose their elasticity, strength and depleted. Cease to withstand the load on the spine fibrous ring and starts to crack and bulge.
This produces a hernia. Osteochondrosis leads to loss of mobility, and spinal curvature.
Quick facts — causes and symptoms of degenerative disc disease
The spine is designed for an active life. He needs moderate exercise. The main reasons for the development of osteoarthritis are:
- birth defects and injuries to the spinal column;
- genetic predisposition;
- excess body weight;
- age-related changes;
- infectious diseases;
- heavy physical labor;
- regular training sessions in sports;
- chemical compounds and their impact on the body;
- the costs of occupation related to constant vibration;
- curvature of the spine;
- flat feet;
- an unbalanced diet;
- Smoking and abuse of alcohol;
- the impact of stress.
Symptoms depend on the spine, which develops low back pain. General symptoms characteristic of the disease:
- sharp or constant pain in the affected division of the vertebral column;
- increased pain when moving and exercise;
- spots and floaters before the eyes, is characteristic for cervical degenerative disc disease;
- ringing in the ears;
- hearing loss;
- in rare cases, numbness of the tongue and voice change;
- pain when you inhale and exhale.
The benefits of massage with osteochondrosis
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
Massage in osteochondrosis is the main method of treatment. After a few sessions reduces the pain and improves the General condition of the spine. To achieve the greatest effect it is recommended to conduct about 10 sessions of massage. It is important that during the procedure no pain recently.
The overall use of back massage in osteochondrosis:
- the removal of pain and spasm of muscles;
- improvement of blood supply;
- reduction of edema;
- strengthening the muscles;
- normalizing the blood circulation in all parts of the spine.
The use of massage in cervical osteochondrosis:
- elimination of muscle spasm and restoration of normal tone;
- normalization of the affected portion of the outflow of lymph;
- improved blood flow and nutrition to the intervertebral discs.
Massage in osteochondrosis of the thoracic spine carries the following benefits:
- muscle relaxation and the elimination of spasm;
- the removal of pain that occur when inhaling and exhaling;
- the restoration of blood flow in the affected area;
- improving the conduction of nerve impulses;
- increase your metabolism;
- return flexibility to the spine.
Massage in osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine will be useful in connection with:
- the strengthening of a muscular corset;
- elimination of pain;
- increase the resistance to physical stress;
- the improvement in General condition and mood;
- restoration of blood flow and nutrition to the intervertebral discs.
Traditional massage is performed most often, osteochondrosis of the cervical and less commonly the thoracic and lumbar spine. The session is the patient in a sitting position. If this situation is not comfortable for humans, it is recommended to lay on your stomach. Traditional massage is performed in several stages:
- Stroking. At this stage it is necessary to warm up the skin and muscles. First, the pats held the whole hand, then just edge.
- Squeezing. The therapist applies a quick movements, he gradually moves to the head and produces a strong and slow tightening of the skin. The edges of the palms are established across the neck. From the back of the movement moved to the collar area and neck. In this region they breed on both sides.
- Rubbing. At this stage there is a preparation of the muscles to a deeper impact. Movements are clasped together with the fingers from the nape of the neck, along the spine and to the side of it. Edges of the palms pounded the collar area.
- Kneading. This is the most difficult stage of the massage and requires high professionalism and long exposure. The brush need to be put into the form of tongs which will grab the muscles. Too much to squeeze and bend the skin is prohibited.
- Vibration is the final action of massage. Technique is performed with the palms and edges of the palms at a fast pace.
Video technique of the massage with osteochondrosis of the cervical, lumbar and thoracic spine:
This technique is considered the final stage of classical massage. In the process of implementation is the impact on certain points of the circular movements of the fingers. At one point you need to devote about 2 minutes. Over time, the impact force should be increased. Acupressure is performed after the elimination of the pain syndrome.
The massage is performed with the help of medical cans. Considered particularly effective, because the effect on deep tissue.
Banks can be manufactured from the following materials:
Following are the nuances of the procedure of cupping massage in osteochondrosis:
- to reduce the pain apply oil or cream to massage;
- before the session you need to warm up the skin of the back;
- lower the jar back, wait until retracted a little skin and start running;
- at the initial stage of the massage, the patient may feel pain and discomfort;
- cans, plastic, don’t need fire, it is enough to shrink and attach to skin and release, and after that you can start the massage.
Honey back massage
This massage is not considered medical and are used in the home in the treatment of cervical degenerative disc disease or in private massage clinics as a complementary therapy. This type of massage is quite simple to use. Technique session:
- first you need to lubricate the neck and collar area with honey;
- first stroking of the skin in order to heat it up;
- you must then go to a Pat;
- honey is thick and with the skin will start to stick to the hands;
- next, you should increase the frequency of movements and massage the skin for 10 minutes;
- after the procedure you need to take a shower and put on a skin moisturizer.
Is made by using special cans made from plastic. Performed manually or by machine. The Bank is placed into well greased with a fat cream or oil skin.
This type of massage helps to restore the metabolism in the intervertebral discs, improve muscle tone.
Technique of self massage
Massage with your hands gives good results in the treatment of cervical osteochondrosis. The patient can feel the painful area, and selects the power and smoothness of movements.
Also at home you can spend a massage in a comfortable setting and at a convenient time for the person. It is important to know the correct technique of massage on your own:
- you need to start gently stroking the skin of the neck and shoulders for several minutes;
- continue to perform the technique with fingertips or palm edge;
- next, you should be rubbing with your fingers and gently pull to the side of the skin;
- kneading with the capture muscle movements to produce an intense, but painless;
- end the massage by stroking the skin in slow motion.
For each of these items require up to 30 seconds of time. But experts suggest at diagnosis low back pain, seek the assistance of a massage specialist.
Massage in osteochondrosis of the neck area
Cervical is the most serious and vulnerable place in the human body. Here is many blood vessels and nerve endings. Protrusion in the neck lead to the formation of hernia, which is considered a serious pathology. The main signs of cervical degenerative disc disease are:
- pain in the back of the head, neck, between the shoulder blades;
- the limitation;
- the presence of dizziness;
- numbness of the upper extremities.
Indications and goals to massage the neck in osteochondrosis:
- pain relief;
- prevention of the progression and relapse of the disease;
- the combination of therapeutic exercises and massage;
- improvement of blood supply in the cervical;
- spasms of the muscles of the neck and back;
- strengthen muscle corset.
Massage technique depends on the degree and severity of the disease. Signs and symptoms of each patient are at different stages, so the massage technique is chosen individually for each patient.
Only a true professional, who knows all techniques and rules of execution, may conduct massage. Massage technique based on the following sequence of actions:
Forbidden to pass a course of massage in the acute period. Otherwise pain syndrome does not diminish but only increase.
With the passage of the massage, you need to consider all related patient chronic processes in the body. If you have a part of the neck, then massage should start with the healthy side.
Massages can be do not always
In most cases, massage is considered a useful procedure, but can sometimes be contraindicated for the following:
- the active stage of tuberculosis;
- diseases of the blood;
- malignant and benign tumors;
- multiple warts and moles on the body;
- spider veins in the back.
There are also temporary contraindications to massage:
- colds and infectious diseases;
- high temperature;
- exacerbation of chronic processes.
Osteochondrosis massage one of the most effective methods of treatment. It will help to eliminate not only pain, but also some of the symptoms characteristic of this disease. If the session is done properly and correctly, the patient has the following therapeutic effect:
- increases muscle tone;
- relieves muscle spasm;
- derived from lactic acid, which accumulates in the tissues and muscles;
- improvement of blood circulation in the damaged area;
- getting rid of the pain;
- restores mobility of the spine.
Also in conjunction with massage for degenerative disc disease are prescribed medicinal preparations, therapeutic exercises and physiotherapy. Assign massage course can only be a specialist after diagnosis and examination.
Before treatment to rule out contraindications to the passage of massage. The session must take place in a comfortable and relaxed environment where patients can relax and get the desired effect.