To what doctor to go if you back pain?
To what doctor to go if you back pain? Principles of diagnostic search for back pain
«If you woke up and nothing hurts — you’re dead» is a pretty old saying, but it very accurately reflects the essence of further conversation.
Any person after 35 years continuously in any pain and often this back pain.
To ignore such symptom as pain is unreasonable, as it is a signal that our body takes the brain about any health problem.
Let’s start the discussion of the causes of back pain.
1. Pain emanating from the spine.
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
- degenerative disc disease (osteochondrosis, spondylosis, spondylosis),
- herniated vertebral disks,
- vertebral fractures,
- osteoporosis of the spine.
1.2. Features of pain syndrome:
- always or almost always associated with physical activity,
- most often unilateral,
- are characterized by their irradiation, namely in the buttocks or leg
- accompanied by neurological symptoms: «pins and needles», numbness of the skin, weakness in one leg or in both, strain of lumbar muscles on the affected side.
1.3. The survey program in diseases of the spine:
- Neurologic examination.
- Radiography of the spine.
- X-ray computed tomography (CT).
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
Aid in most diseases of the spine has a neurologist, but there are diseases that are outside his field of activity: infectious disease of the vertebrae (tuberculosis, osteomyelitis), spinal tumors or metastases in the spine.
In any case, these diseases can be found described in the survey.
2. Diseases of the kidneys and urinary system.
- Stones in the urinary tract.
- Infectious diseases (pyelonephritis, TB, MT, etc.).
- Tumors of the kidney.
- Nephroptosis (omission kidneys).
- Thrombosis of renal vessels.
2.2. Features of pain syndrome:
- At stones, infections and thrombosis the pain occurs suddenly, while other pathologies chronic.
- Not associated with physical activity or body position, in addition to nephroptosis.
- As a rule, unilateral.
- Radiates to the groin.
- Can be combined with the appearance of blood in the urine.
- Tumors and infections may be accompanied by General symptoms: weakness, lack of appetite, fever, lethargy, headache etc.
2.3. The survey program:
- General analysis of blood and urine;
- biochemical analysis of blood;
- ultrasonography (us) with mandatory scanning of renal vessels;
- excretory urography – x-ray contrast study of the kidney special substance injected intravenously;
Help for kidney disease, has a urologist.
If you have backache and fever or there is blood in the urine, you to it.
3. Tumors of the abdominal cavity, tumors of the intestine or pancreas.
Pain combined with dyspeptic disorders: constipation or diarrhea, bloating, nausea, flatulence, possible presence of blood in stool.
3.1. The survey program:
- An abdominal ultrasound.
- Endoscopy: fibro-gastro-duodenoscopy (EGD), colonoscopy.
- X-ray examination: the barium enema.
Assistance described diseases has oncologist.
4. Gynecological diseases
Diseases associated with gynecology, can also cause pain in the lower back, for example, bolezni such as endometriosis, tumor of the uterus and appendages.
In these cases, this symptom is combined with abdominal pain, menstrual disorders, pain during intercourse.
The conclusion is the following: back pain is a symptom of a huge number of totally different diseases.
It is not necessary to choose, appeal to the district physician or the General practitioner. He will spend the minimum necessary examinations and refer you to the specialist that you want.