Treatment of osteoarthritis folk remedies at home: recipes ointments, decoctions, infusions, rastertime
The best folk remedies for the treatment of osteoarthritis at home
Osteoarthritis is a degenerative joint disease that develops because of destruction of cartilage tissue. With the disease of bony growths spiky shape, which cause severe pain and limit joint mobility.
At the initial stage of the disease pain appear only at higher load and are at rest, over time they will increase and become permanent, is celebrated in the morning stiffness, and walking brings a terrible discomfort.
Osteoarthritis may develop with increased weight, as a result of trauma or after infectious diseases. For the treatment of this disease by using different methods — drug therapy with painkillers, non-steroidal preparations, chondroprotectors, laser therapy, physiotherapy, physical therapy, massage, and more.
Of great importance in the treatment of osteoarthritis have traditional medicines. For example, many herbs and other natural ingredients are widely used for making various medicines.
Herbal teas and tinctures based on herbs
Decoctions are prepared from herbal and reduce pain, relieve inflammation and prevent further deformation of cartilage in osteoarthritis. Here are some of their most useful recipes:
- The broth No. 1. Ingredients: calendula flowers, juniper berries, buckthorn bark, elder flowers, nettle, horsetail, willow bark, birch leaves.
- Broth No. 2. Ingredients: buds of poplar, birch buds, elecampane root, nettle leaf, Linden flowers, peppermint, chamomile flowers, fruits of fennel.
- The decoction of No. 3. Ingredients: calamus root, bark of aspen, hawthorn, marjoram, St. John’s wort, peppermint, pine buds, violet tricolor, wild thyme, eucalyptus.
- Broth number 4. Ingredients: galangal root, elecampane root, flax seed, yarrow, series.
- The decoction of No. 5 Ingredients: shoots of wild rosemary, meadowsweet, cowberry leaves, melilot, St. John’s wort, flax seeds, nettle leaves, mint, viola tricolor, rhizome and shoots of asparagus officinalis, a series.
The principle of preparation for all broths are the same. You need to mix the components and pour boiling water in the ratio of 2 tablespoons per gallon of water. Infuse the drink should be about 8-10 hours and then drink a third of a Cup in the morning, afternoon and evening. Treatment need to spend a few months.
It is useful to herbal treatment combined with basic therapy. Improvement will be felt in 14-20 days after the beginning of reception of broth.
Important! Before you opt for a particular drug collection, we must carefully study contraindications for all plants.
Funds for local use
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
In addition to the decoctions of herbs in the treatment of osteoarthritis you can use the following the local media, which have a beneficial effect on the joints:
- Peel and finely chop 1 head of Indian onions, pour the vodka. Insist two weeks, then strain. The resulting mass should be rubbed into sore spots, and then wrap a warm cloth. No need to worry if the skin begins to pluck or oven, as it should be!
- 2 tablespoons of castor oil mixed with 1 table spoon of turpentine. Medicine to RUB the joints at night. This procedure is not worth spending more than twice a week.
- Take 1 big spoon of honey, dry mustard, vegetable oil, mix well and bring to the boil. After the medicine cools down, it need to put on a bandage and wrap it around the patient’s joint. On top of the compress must be covered with tape and wrap something warm, not to remove it for several hours.
- A salve from the flowers of sweet clover, hop cones, flowers of St. John’s wort. We need to take 2 tablespoons of each component, and add a little butter, then stir. The mixture to use as a compress.
- 2 tablespoons of pine needles, pour water (half a Cup), boil for half an hour. After the infusion, strain and cool. After that, moisten it cheesecloth to make a compress.
- Grind a few pods of red pepper and pour in a bottle of vodka. Infuse for about two weeks in a dark, dry place. Tincture is used for rubbing the sore spots.
- Two large spoonfuls of common salt diluted in water (0.5 liters). In the solution to moisten the gauze and make a compress.
Anti inflammation and swelling
If in addition to severe pain there is swelling and redness of the skin around the joints, be very handy these recipes:
- Compresses with ice. Ice has a powerful anti-inflammatory action. It needs to be put in a warmer or in a conventional package and attached to the joint. Important! Keep the compress need no more than 20 minutes.
- Essential oil — a powerful remedy for inflammation. For this suitable oils of lavender, peppermint and rosemary. Need to add a few drops of vaseline, mix well and anoint the inflamed skin. From above to wrap up warm.
- Wraps with honey — a great tool that will be most effective in the early stages of the disease. The sore spot should be lubricated with honey, and then wrap the bandage that is soaked in honey. The dressing can be done before going to sleep and not remove the rest of the night.
- Helps grated horseradish root or radish. The remedy can be rubbed into the skin or use it for compresses.
- Also copes with inflammation of the white clay. It is necessary to take 100 g of the clay powder and the same amount of vegetable oil and mix well until until a thick porridge consistency resembles sour cream. The ointment should be rubbed into the diseased joint.
The basics of proper nutrition
Patients with osteoarthritis is very important to eat right because the body must receive all the essential nutrients that will contribute to the development of a special joint grease. The effectiveness of the diet may confirm any specialist and it is imperative to appoint on a par with other therapeutic methods.
The main objectives of this treatment consist in filling in the body deficiency of necessary minerals, improving of metabolic processes in the joints and reducing weight. Excess body weight leads to an increased load on the joints, exacerbating the disease.
There are also several basic principles of nutrition in osteoarthritis:
- the day should consume no more than 1800 kcal;
- to limit the consumption of carbohydrates and animal fats;
- eat fractional, i.e. in small portions, many times a day (e.g. 2 large usual portions of food to divide into 6 small portions);
- eat foods rich in fiber;
- to reduce the amount of salt;
- to unsubscribe from seasonings, spices and alcoholic beverages.
Necessary for the formation of lubricating substance mucopolysaccharides can be found in the jelly and meat broth. In addition to the bones and the meat, it is desirable to use the cartilage and ligaments, because they contain these elements.
As for meat, it must necessarily be lean. Very helpful to eat poultry meat. Fish on the other hand, you need to eat fat, because it contains essential fatty acids.
So what are the products recommended to use in osteoarthritis:
- vegetables (preferably raw so that they do not lose the necessary vitamins);
- low-fat dairy products;
- jelly (mucopolysaccharides contained in the gelatin);
- black bread.
Exclude from the diet should:
- sweet carbonated drinks;
- black pepper;
- egg yolk;
In some cases, under the strict supervision of a specialist is fasting. Especially this method is effective during the acute illness, as due to long-term fasting improves the processes of metabolism.
To completely get rid of this disease is unfortunately impossible. However, due to dieting and use of traditional medicine in combination with other methods of therapy can get a good result and to achieve long-lasting remission of the disease.
Remember that before you start self-medication, you need to consult a doctor.