Treatment of osteoarthritis of the ankle joint 1 or 2 folk and traditional media
How to diagnose and treat osteoarthritis of the ankle joint
Rightfully one of the most important organs in the human body is considered to be the ankle joint, which connects directly to the lower leg and the foot. It is very important that the joint is correctly performing its function as it affects human performance, its ability to make smooth movements and keep the body in smooth condition (to keep support).
For the reason that ankle joint most of the time subjected to constant stress, increases the risk of various injuries and diseases of the joints.
The most dangerous of which is osteoarthrosis of the ankle joint, during the course of which there occurs severe damage to cartilage and cartilaginous tissue. Pathological changes can also damage the ligaments, muscles, articular joints and bones are next located.
The disease is diagnosed not often, but in most cases the disease is progressing, with the result that the person may lose the ability is normal and to move independently.
The factors provoking development of the disease
Among the main reasons that may cause the development of osteoarthritis of the ankle, experts distinguish the following:
- wear and tear of the cartilage, the older the person becomes, the less elastic it becomes itself the cartilage tissue, which is not able to fully perform its functions;
- congenital diseases (weak connective tissue, which becomes the result of the formation of flat feet), if not timely pay attention to their own health, then after a few years may develop osteoarthritis;
- genetic predisposition;
- getting as mild injury, and more severe;
- the type of professional activity;
- a metabolic process;
- diseases of the organs of the endocrine system (diabetes, thyroid disease);
- wearing uncomfortable shoes, including for women, wearing high-heel shoes;
- chronic inflammatory processes;
- adverse environmental conditions (intoxication, frequent hypothermia);
- undergoing surgery on the ankle joint.
How to identify the disease in time?
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
Osteoarthritis of the ankle joint is not only dangerous, but also quite painful ailment that brings the person a lot of discomfort and inconvenience in daily life, the disease is manifested by such symptoms:
- Pain in the ankle that occur during movement. The pain is greatly enhanced at the time of increasing the load on the joint itself, which makes any activity almost impossible.
- Disorders of movement in the joint. This is manifested in the form of jamming of the ankle in a certain position, stiffness of his movement and own inability to bend or straighten the injured limb.
- Swelling of the joint and swelling on the affected area.
- Redness to the ankle.
- A sharp increase in the temperature of the human body.
- Over time begins to grow bone tissue, which significantly impairs the overall health of the patient.
As the disease progresses
The development of osteoarthritis of the ankle joint develops in several stages:
- 1 degree develops at the initial stages of the disease. At this stage it is noted minor damage to the joints and cartilage. Visually it will not be noticeable, but inside the cartilage stops the access of all nutrients, which the destructive process is much faster. The pain this time is not very pronounced, which is why patients do not pay attention to fatigue in the limbs during walking and physical work.
- Stage 2 — advanced stage. Unpleasant sensations become much brighter and more painful. The pain can continue throughout the day and not subside even at rest. During the course of 2 degrees of osteoarthritis may develop synovitis (it there is a large accumulation of fluid in the joint). The consequence of this joint is highly variable in its appearance (is strain). It is at this stage most patients are hesitant to seek medical help.
Every degree of development of the disease is characterized by the particular manifestation of symptoms and need immediate medical treatment.
In that case, if there is the assumption on the development of the disease, necessarily need to pass the next medical study and pass these tests:
- blood test (total);
- blood test (biochemistry);
- a detailed study of the synovial fluid of the joint;
- conducting research rentgenologicheski affected limb;
- ultrasound examination of the joint;
- conducting arthroscopy.
If necessary, may need additional consultation with specialists. Only on the basis of the results of the survey and the conclusions of doctors signs the further course of the treatment and recovery of the patient.
Proper solution to the problem
Treatment of osteoarthritis of the ankle joint is long and not easy. Its main purpose is to:
- detection and elimination of reasons that caused the disease;
- reducing the manifested symptoms (reduction of pain sensation at the time of movement of the person);
- slowing and preventing further destruction of cartilage and bone.
In order to find the right drugs for the treatment of diseases of the primarily specialists as soon as possible to reduce the loads that are carried out on the damaged joint.
To do this, the patient is recommended to limit their physical activity, to refuse to sports. If necessary, the doctor may recommend to move with the aid of crutches or canes.
Of drugs in most cases used non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and chondroprotectors. They help to reduce pain and inflammation in the bone tissue, but to cure the disease, they can not.
In order not to harm internal organs this group of medications is best used in healing ointments or gels. They have less harm to the human body.
Drugs most often used non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). They reduce pain and eliminate the signs of inflammation, but not affect the underlying cause of osteoarthritis.
Among the methods of physiotherapy the preference is given to the following:
- magnetic therapy;
- laser irradiation;
- The UHF procedure;
- electrophoresis on the basis of Dipyrone and Lidocaine;
- an application of hot paraffin.
As an additional treat, you can resort to traditional methods. But before you start using them, you must consult with your doctor!
The use of folk remedies will help to ease the disease only in the initial stages of the disease. With proper implementation of all recommendations it will be possible to get rid of pain, swelling and inflammation in the affected limb.
At home treatment for osteoarthritis of the ankle joint it is possible to prepare such a healing ointment, and rubbing:
- Ointment on the basis of crushed rice and vaseline (applied to the affected joint at night).
- Cream of hops, Hypericum and lanolin. Components are thoroughly mixed until a homogeneous mass. Ready ointment is rubbed into the diseased joint.
- Broth-based cranberry leaf can be taken daily for 30 milliliters in 30 minutes before meal.
- A positive result can be achieved, taking into broth Bay leaf (insist from 15 to 30 minutes).
- The medication of garlic and olive oil (1:10) take a teaspoon with the morning immediately before Breakfast.
Possible complications and preventive measures
The most dangerous complication of osteoarthritis is the loss of ability to move independently (due to the active destruction of bone and cartilage pain becoming more intense, and the motility of the joint is greatly reduced).
To prevent the development of this disease will be sufficient to follow a few simple rules for the care of their own health!
Prevention of osteoarthritis should follow the following guidelines:
- you must try to avoid various injuries ankle;
- in the presence of excess weight carefully monitor their diet and lifestyle;
- preference should be given fresh vegetables and fruit, because they contains large amounts of vitamins and minerals that are necessary for the proper functioning of the entire body;
- give up bad habits;
- reduce consumption of coffee and salt;
- regular exercise (swimming, light gymnastics);
- frequent Hiking in the fresh air;
- do not forget about the rest, as constant physical activity can also have negative consequences;
- timely visits to medical specialists and the regular passage of the medical commissions.
Osteoarthritis of the ankle joint threat pathology, to run which in any case is not recommended. Therefore, when any of the nonspecific symptoms it is imperative to seek medical help.
It is only timely diagnosis of the disease can help prevent the development of severe complications.