Treatment of osteoarthritis of the ankle joint
Arthrosis – a disease of the joint, the cartilage undergoes changes and begins to break down. Most often osteoarthritis affects the lower extremities, and, in particular, the ankle. This may be due to the fact that the leg joints are very mobile and parallel to test a large load of the entire mass of the human body. The disease is in its nature progressive. If diagnosed ankle osteoarthritis, treatment should start without delay.
The cause and degree of osteoarthritis
The main cause of arthrosis of the ankle is a violation of the metabolism and pathology of the circulatory system. With the blood to the cartilage receives the nutrients necessary for its elasticity and strength. Any disruption of these systems can lead to gradual destruction of cartilage.
Confounding factors that can cause osteoarthritis of the ankle joint, can be:
- Injury. Cracks, which could remain on the cartilage due to injury, and may eventually increase.
- Disease. Flat feet, clubfoot, and transferred infektionsbiologie can provoke the disease.
- Excessive and continuous physical activity, which is exerted on the tibia during labor or sports activities.
- Weight. Legs, and heavy-duty in connection with the tread, get the additional load in the form of extra pounds. Joint this is under constant pressure. Synovial fluid nourishes the joint no longer gets into the pores of the cartilage (because under pressure they are always «flattened» and closed). This leads to degenerative tissue changes.
- Uncomfortable shoes. Shoes on a high heel shifts the center of gravity of the body and redistributes the load to the body kept upright. This creates additional pressure on the ankle.
- Age. Elderly people suffer from this disease more often. This is due to the natural aging process. Over time, the joint, as any mechanism that wears out.
- Genetic predisposition.
The main symptom indicating the presence of arthrosis of the ankle is pain. Depending on the stage of osteoarthritis, the symptoms can vary and become more intense. There are degrees of the development of arthrosis of the tibia:
- Arthrosis of the ankle joint in the first degree did not initially accompanied by almost no symptoms. Over time the patient may begin to experience symptoms such as minor pain and stiffness. This is particularly evident in the opening movement.
- Osteoarthritis of degree 2 is characterized by feelings of extreme fatigue in the lower leg. People constantly start to accompany the symptoms such as intense pain, limited motion, pain when you try to become on the foot.
- The osteoarthritis grade 3 accompany pronounced symptoms. With this degree of pain is very strong, are also worried about at night. The painful symptoms can relieve only by using pain medication. The joint is increased in size. The skin is hot to the touch and change color. Cartilage much destroyed. On the site of the cartilage of the bone growths appear. To make any motion in the affected limb is impossible. Treatment 3rd degree impossible by medication.
Ankle osteoarthritis is a chronic disease. The disease is characterized by periods of exacerbation (when symptoms of osteoarthritis are amplified), and periods of remission (when the inflammation and the painful symptoms reduced). This condition can last for years and, without proper attention, will lead to the complete destruction of the joints and disability.
Remove the pain and inflammation
Treatment of osteoarthritis of the ankle joint is possible. The main thing is the timely treatment to the doctor. You need to get rid of excess weight, to completely rethink their way of life. It is recommended to stick to a healthy diet and daily to devote time to sport activities. At the first degree of the implementation of these recommendations is sufficient to restore joint health.
Medication includes a course of anti-inflammatory and analgesic drugs. Mandatory in case of arthrosis of the ankle is also receiving chondroprotectors (drugs that promote the regeneration of cartilage tissue). Shown and a course of physiotherapy and health resort treatment. If conservative methods are ineffective, require surgical intervention.
Therapy of arthrosis of the ankle, assigned by your doctor, you can Supplement the treatment of folk remedies. It is necessary to remove the inflammation and pain caused by osteoarthritis. This can be achieved by such means:
- Vegetable oil has established itself as a good pain reliever for osteoarthritis. You can use sunflower or olive oil. Enough to slightly warm the oil (not in the microwave!) and RUB into the affected area morning and evening.
- RUB the joints with arthrosis of the ankle useful and Kale juice. Skip the leaves through a meat grinder or a juicer and massage with active movements.
- At night you can also apply compresses. Anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect has cheese. Wrap a small amount of curd in a handkerchief and apply to the affected joint. Traditional healers are also recommended to add in the curd of ordinary chalk.
There is another effective recipe of compresses for the treatment of osteoarthritis of the ankle. To apply you will need 1 tbsp. l. dry grass mother and stepmother, plantain and St. John’s wort, 1 tablespoon of turpentine (sold at the pharmacy), and 100 g of pork fat. Herbs should be ground to a powder (e.g. in a coffee grinder). Chopped herbs mixed with turpentine and fat, and then in a warm oven for 2 hours (at minimum temperature). Then give the ointment another to infuse the night in a warm place. Apply as needed by rubbing the affected places.
A compress can be made from potatoes. Grate the potatoes on a grater, wrap in a handkerchief and attach to the affected joint. Wrap the leg of woolen cloth.
Reduce inflammation and swelling when arthritis of the ankle will help the infusion of herbs. You will need: 1 tsp dried calendula flowers, willow bark, nettle and birch leaves. Grass pour 0.5 liters of boiling water and let steep for 6 hours. You need to drink the infusion 3 times a day one glass. The course of treatment – at least a month.
One of the most effective plants used to treat arthritis, is the celery. From the root of the celery you can make soups, and also eaten fresh in the composition of vegetable salads. Celery can be cooked the medicinal mixture. Grate or mince 0.5 kg of celery root and lemon. Add 500 g of honey and put the mixture in the fridge for 5 days. Take 1 tablespoon 15 minutes before meals 3 times a day. After the mixture is complete, take a break for 3 weeks. If necessary, repeat the course.
Traditional healers are recommended to treat arthrosis of the tibia and with the help of Shilajit. Take 50 ml. of boiling water and dissolve in it Shilajit (on the tip of a knife). To be taken twice a day one hour before meals.
To cure arthrosis of the ankle joint will help a decoction of Bay leaf. For its preparation you will need 10 g of dry leaves. Leaves pour 1 Cup of boiling water and boil for 5 minutes. Take 1 tbsp 3-4 times a day.
Olive oil is used for the treatment of osteoarthritis not only in the quality of rastertime, but also for drinking. Take 1 tsp. of minced garlic and 10 tsp. of olive oil. Let stand in the dark for 33 days. Taken in the morning on an empty stomach.
Clean joints will help licorice. To prepare the broth you will need the roots of licorice (ratio 1:10). Boil the infusion for 15 minutes and allow to stand for half an hour. Consumed before a meal, 3 times a day for 100 g
To strengthen bones and joints will help the eggshell. It should be thoroughly washed, dried and milled to a powder. The powder can be added to foods. In food, its presence is not felt.
In addition, food should be consumed cabbage (colored, white, Navy), greens, fish, radishes, turnips, olives. Extremely useful is a dish like jelly.
Treatment of folk remedies can be effective when combined with traditional medicine. Consult your doctor about the use tips alternative medicine. Maybe you have contraindications to treatment with one or other folk remedies.
If you are troubled by any symptoms, immediately contact your doctor. When the first and second degree osteoarthritis of the joint can be saved and return to normal life. At 3 degrees the cartilage tissue is not recoverable. So do not delay your visit to the doctor and be healthy!