What it is subchondral sclerosis of the articular surfaces and zamechatelnyh plates of the vertebral bodies
Subchondral sclerosis of the articular surfaces and zamechatelnyh records
Subchondral sclerosis is a degenerative pathology that occurs in the tissues of the articular surfaces, zamechatelnyh plates of the vertebral bodies and spine.
The disease causes degeneration of the cartilage lining the joint surfaces on the inside. As the disease development of healthy tissues into a connective which is not able to perform the essential functions.
When subchondral sclerosis is compacted and overgrowth of bone joint tissue, ending with the formation of growths.
Pathology is not klassificeret as a distinct disease. It is considered undesirable concomitant phenomenon that occurs on the background of osteochondrosis or osteoarthritis of the joints.
The pathological process develops gradually. Its progress depends on the course of the underlying disease, its treatment.
Classification of the lesion — types, extent, localization
There are 2 forms of the pathological state:
- Primary. The disease provokes excessive stress on the joint. The disease develops in the damaged and healthy cartilage.
- Secondary. Occurs in old injuries of cartilage.
Subchondral sclerosis is most often localized in:
- shoulder, knee or hip joint;
- the joints of the feet;
- cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine.
Doctors have identified 4 stages of the disease, which is characterized by certain signs:
- For stage I, bone tissue grows. At the edges of the joints formed osteophytes.
- At stage II, the joint space is narrowed, the calluses, bone lighter.
- At stage III the joint space is maximally narrowed, osteophytes are quite large, they create friction that impedes the free movement of the joint.
- At the fourth stage the surface of the joints is excessively deformed, they are immobilized (bent/unbent with difficulty), the size of the growths excessive.
On the affected surfaces, subchondral sclerosis klassificeret as follows:
- A breach of zamechatelnyh records. Zamechatelnye plates separated by intervertebral discs from the vertebral bodies. In deformed plates damaged subchondral surface. Injuries lead to ossification zamechatelnyh plates, the formation of growths. Irregularities on the surface of the vertebrae cause increased friction and the development of inflammatory processes.
- Sclerosis of the articular surfaces is a serious complication of osteoarthritis. Pathology is characterized by degenerative-dystrophic changes in articular cartilage. Articular bones are protected by cartilage, connected with the muscles via tendons. Under the cartilage tissue is subchondral bone. When complicated by arthrosis and arthritis the cartilage is severely damaged. To make up for the loss of cartilage, the body tries to strengthen the bone beneath it. Thickening of bone tissue leads to immobilization of the injured joint.
- Sclerosis of the spine – pathology, in which subchondral tissues are formed seal. In this case, connective tissue proliferate, and bone density increases. Subchondral sclerosis of the spine occurs because of impaired blood supply to bone tissue. For pathology characterized by segmental thickening of the vertebrae.
Causes and risk factors
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
Pathology develops due to reasons:
- inadequate physical activity (minimized and performed beyond measure);
- injury of the joints and of the vertebrae;
- heredity related to the imbalance of metabolism and diseases of the joints.
The surface of the joints lines the subchondral tissue, one side of which coalesces with the bone and the other with cartilage.
On subchondral bone has many blood vessels and nerve processes. The cartilage has no blood supply.
It feeds from the underlying tissue, until, while subchondral bone is healthy.
As soon as this tissue impair the blood supply, it begins to form a seal and strain. Affected bone ceases to nourish cartilage and has a destructive impact.
Also to the causes of the disease include:
- Inflammatory and degenerative processes induced by a long course of arthrosis, arthritis, osteochondrosis, and other pathologies.
- Debilitating stress on the joints (they are athletes, people whose professional activity is associated with enhanced physical activity, those who show the temerity when lifting weights).
- Weight. The leg joints and spine are forced to endure back-breaking load.
- Autoimmune diseases, imbalance of metabolism.
Characteristics of the clinical picture
The symptoms vary depending on the localization of pathology:
- If diagnosed subchondral sclerosis zamechatelnyh plates of the vertebral bodies, noted limited mobility in the cervical, thoracic or lumbar spine. Patients experience a dull ache in the Commission tilts back/forward. A sharp pain pierced when the housing is trying to turn back. In the running state when injured blood vessels and nervous processes, symptoms neurological: numb limbs, noise and ringing in the ears, dizziness, reduced hearing and vision, disturbed coordination of movements.
- With the defeat of the elbow and knee joints are complicated flexor-extensor function. In extension, the patient experiences pain when bending – an uncomfortable feeling.
- When damage to the hip joints there is a sharp and aching pain in the hips, pelvis and lower back. In the running state, the urogenital system and intestines.
Formulation and clarification of the diagnosis
To diagnose the patient receives:
- magnetic resonance imaging;
- computed tomography;
- sclerosis of the vertebrae helps to identify test the density of subchondral tissues;
- to exclude other pathologies prescribe a blood test, a genetic test is carried out.
The complex of therapeutic measures
Because subchondral sclerosis is not a separate pathology and radiology only symptom, treat it in a specific pattern. The emphasis is on elimination of diseases causing sclerosis, ensuring the proper physical activity and physiotherapy.
The treatment of the disease — provocateur
Main disease treated using medical therapy and radical techniques. Doctor, depending on the disease, appoint drugs with anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antihistamine, hormone, analgesic effect.
When you overly strain the joints perform surgeries that can restore lost functions. Patients do arthroscopy, remove tumors, insert a partial or full denture.
Technology surgery depends on the deformity of the joint, the history and age of the patient.
Restoration of motor activity
Subchondral sclerosis is a chronic pathology. To eliminate the necessary incentive procedure, is able to normalize the metabolism, to pause the progression of the disease. Physiotherapy is the best option, inhibiting further deformation of the joint, contributing to the restoration of lost functions.
For patients suffering subchondral sclerosis exercise – the real test of strength. When you exercise they have to overcome the amplified pain syndrome in the joints.
If the pain is excessively amplified, and the General condition of the patient is substantially deteriorating, the physician reviewing the therapy program. The patient selects for a lightweight version of physiotherapy. In critical situations sports canceled for a while. Instead, the patient receives massage and physiotherapy.
Facilitate the condition of patients by means of massage, acupuncture, heat, radiation, and wave action, electrophoresis of medicinal applications.
Physiotherapy treatments increase circulation blood flow and metabolism in tissues, relieve pain, eliminate inflammation, restore cartilage, prevent its destruction. The lack of minerals filled by a mud bath.
Consequences and complications
To serious complications causes overgrown bone and articular tissue. As a result of overgrowth of bones formed spurs, spikes, bone Islands and lips. Growths of different forms cause pain, entail loss of motor functions.
Because of the overgrown tissue between the articular surfaces, increased friction occurs, which causes inflammation.
Thickened articular surface is forced to protrude beyond the boundaries of the joints, damaged tendons, vessels, muscle tissue, subcutaneous tissue, provoke in them the occurrence of inflammation.
When running conditions develop purulent and necrotic processes. The pus gets into the blood stream, spreads to organs, causing comorbidities. When necrosis is tissue death.
In order to prevent
Subchondral sclerosis of the articular surfaces occurs in people who lead an active lifestyle, watching posture, diet and body weight, go in for sports.
The first pain caused in the joints, signaling originated pathologies. When they appear, you should consult a doctor. With timely treatment of arthritis, arthrosis and osteochondrosis will not give severe complications will not develop into subchondral sclerosis intractable pathology.
Proper posture, exercises, nutrition helping to preserve the health of the spine and joints.
To offset degenerative-dystrophic changes in the spine and joints helps long-term treatment. Complex therapy relieves pain and allows you to achieve a sustained remission.