What plexitis shoulder joint: symptoms and treatment
Effective methods of treatment plexitis shoulder joint, which is to know each
What is the plexitis shoulder joint? Is an inflammatory process that can cause serious pain and even limitation of motion.
It can develop due to the many factors causing it.
The danger of the disease lies in the fact that in the absence of proper treatment can and does lose the ability to move the arm and perform various complex actions associated with fine motor skills.
Forms of the disease
The disease can take three forms of development: left and right side and bilateral. The last form is the most complicated and painful, often on its treatment takes more time.
Also, depending on the fundamentals of plexitis can be divided into the following forms:
- Toxic. Characterized in that if the disease was preceded by poisoning;
- Traumatic. Occurs after injury to the plexus nerve;
- Infectious. Develops as a result of infection in the plexus of nerves;
- Dysmetabolic. Associated with a serious violation of exchange processes;
- Infectious-allergic. Is invoked because of the response of the organism (nerve endings in particular) to a certain kind of vaccine;
- Compression-ischemic. Occurs when long term compression of the nerves, or of being in a not too comfortable position. Because of this tissue violated the processes of nutrition, which play a key role.
How is the treatment of lumbar chondrosis and relieve pain symptoms you can read on the link.
The causes of the disease
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
Plexitis shoulder joint has the following causes that can lead to its development:
- Long enjoyable not uncomfortable. In this case, the compression of the nerve;
- Injury. May be the result of damage to cervical roots, sprains or dislocations, as well as due to mechanical impact or shock;
- The emergence of microtrauma associated with professional activity.
- Incorrect posture. Oddly enough, but it can also cause such unpleasant diseases. A pinched nerve can occur due to stooping of the shoulders, as in a small space between the collarbone and rib, it is possible to obtain the compression;
- Hyperabduction syndrome. Occurs due to a sharp adduction of shoulder, which can sasemas a whole bunch of nerve endings;
- Brachial neuritis. Manifested by inflammation in the shoulder area of the coast or experience an allergic reaction. Occurs after vaccination.
This disease also affected and the children. Causes of plexitis shoulder joint in newborns can be a birth injury or infection that provoked an inflammatory disease in organs or tissues nearby.
The risk group includes people who suffer from osteochondrosis of the upper torso (thoracic, cervical). Also this could include those people, to which there is a material breach in the exchange process, those who have been long time hypothermia, as well as receiving or previously had a shoulder injury.
The disease has two stages of:
- Neuralgic. In this form of the characteristic symptoms associated with irritation of the nerve endings. This could include, for example, pain in the muscles, the skin, which increases if you make even the simplest movements;
- Paralytic. The predominant symptoms associated with dysfunction of nerve fibers. It is characteristic manifestation of muscle weakness, presence of edema, as well as a significant decrease in the functions of nutrition of tissues.
Symptoms of the disease
After the beginning of the development of plexitis shoulder joint becoming more and more noticeable the symptoms.
As a rule, it has the following features:
- Numbness in hands, possible partial loss of sensation;
- Violation of some of the functions of the limbs (inability to bend, use your fingers, etc.);
- Pain. Especially the brighter his expression becomes when you try to lift the limb or have it behind you;
- Fine motor skills impaired;
- Paralysis or paresis of the hands. The most serious signs of plexitis. Also accompanied by muscle atrophy and disturbance in the limb circulation.
Accurate diagnosis is applied only if several forms of examination of the patient, so as to identify the disease is quite difficult. Often uses the following methods of diagnosis:
- Visual inspection;
- Computer and magnetic resonance tomography;
- Blood tests;
- Consultation of the neurosurgeon.
In the presence of acute plexitis shoulder joint is not recommended to treat disease by using some physiotherapeutic procedures, as of a limb should ensure complete immobility.
It is best to immobilize the injured shoulder using plaster splints, and then start taking an anti-inflammatory and pain medications.
Doctors recommend to carry out a set of procedures to quickly overcome the disease. In the most common recommendations included:
- Drug therapy. Is mandatory, since without medicines not to manage. Were most commonly prescribed non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and analgesics. It can be as ointments and pills and injections;
- Para-articular blockade. They are painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs;
- Physiotherapy. Is to use a number of measures aimed at pain relief, improvement of blood circulation. In the course of the physiotherapeutic treatment consists of an application with the help of mud and paraffin applications, electro — and phonophoresis, magnetotherapy, dynamic currents, as well as some other methods of influence;
- Physiotherapy. A very effective method aimed at fulfilling a particular set of exercises. The goal of physical therapy when plexitis is the development of the shoulder joints and muscles, accelerate blood circulation. Banned for use in the period of exacerbation;
- Massage. The course is chosen individually to prevent muscle atrophy and improve nutrition in them, the delivery of oxygen and so on;
- Balneological therapies. Treatment with mineral water, which is produced naturally or created artificially. The peak of popularity of this technique took place in the 19th century, but now these procedures can provide essential help in recovery.
- Acupuncture. The impact of using needles special structure for improving the functioning of tissues;
- Hirudotherapy. Treatment using medical leeches can produce certain results.
Traditional methods of treatment by physicians not assigned, but can be used to enhance the effect of drugs.
The main thing that it was not allergic to the funds that will be used.
Procedure of of traditional medicine deserve special consideration, since multiple measures can significantly help in the treatment of plexitis.
It is recommended to take baths, to do warm compresses, and make decoctions of the following herbs:
- White willow bark;
- St. John’s wort;
- Oak bark;
- Leaf currant.
It should be noted that the effectiveness will increase if you use several kinds of fees and herbs in the complex, it will significantly increase the impact of the resulting broth on the body.
They are able to reduce the development of inflammation.
Plexitis obtained due to birth trauma will manifest itself over time. That is why it is necessary to pay special attention to measures that can prevent the development of the disease.
In addition to the selected treatment, the children should not have to do an intensive complex therapy.
Otherwise, subsequently, the affected shoulder may significantly lag in development. Can occur limitations in the production of passive movements.
It is recommended to observe the following conditions to prevent brachial plexitis:
- Fractional power;
- Not SuperCool;
- A strengthened immune system;
- Timely treatment of disease;
- A balanced diet.
In addition, it is recommended to engage in physical activity. Especially useful are swimming and exercises aimed at stretching, as they are able to improve joint flexibility and their elasticity.