Why crack joints in a child infants and adolescents — prevention
Why the child is crunch joint and why is it dangerous for infants
Crunch in the joints – is harmless, in principle, phenomenon.
But with time it can turn into a serious breach. Crunch is a harbinger of the destruction of the joint.
This syndrome of «rust» doctors call osteoarthritis, because they provoked the destruction processes similar to the action of rust.
In the past the deviation was considered a problem of older people. But at the present time the joint crunching and pain are more and more concerned young people.
Why is a child crunch joints
Consider the common factors that can cause that the child is crunch joint:
- A similar sound occurs when the violation of the coincidence of articular surfaces. Basically, the rattle goes well with the pain.
- Sometimes the source is focal inflammation in the muscle after overload.
- Congenital high mobility.
- Over the years, many developing osteoarthritis, which is essentially wear and tear of the joints.
- If you can’t understand the reason, visit a podiatrist, it is possible that they are clogged with salt deposits.
- The sound is often observed after cerebral damage.
- Such phenomena can result from disorders of the liver. It is responsible for connective tissue and collagen, the main component of cartilage.
Mothers should not be alarmed if the baby’s joints crack. In babies the muscles and ligaments are in the stage of formation.
What does the crunch have a baby
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
It often happens that the crunch is not a manifestation of disorders in the body of the baby.
His main reason is the incompleteness of the musculoskeletal system. The child is constantly growing, ligaments and joints are strengthened and the problem will disappear.
Unfortunately, some disorders may be accompanied by a crunch:
- reactive arthritis;
- juvenile arthritis;
- dysplasia of the joints, subluxations and dislocations;
- the high mobility of the joints.
What can cause a crunch in adolescents
The causes of the crunch in adolescent physiological. At this age, tissue developing very intensively. It is therefore necessary to avoid powerful exercise, take care of proper nutrition.
The reasons are the same as in children – a growing organism, formation of joints, which reaches peak activity.
But the cause can also be dangerous disorders: gout, osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, inflammation of the joint, periarthrosis, poliartrit.
Crunch in adolescents is often triggered by the fact that this period is the rebuilding of joints. Over time, the symptoms will disappear.
What is the peculiarity of the phenomenon in children
Connective tissue in children is not so dense as in adults, muscles are less developed, so crack joints in the norm more often than adults. Often, crunch, scary parents can be heard even with the standard movements.
With age it disappears. Exception — joint dysplasia.
It is possible to help the child
Parents should be alarmed if abnormal sounds occur in the newborn and the infant up to a year when:
- regular crunches only a specific joint;
- when bending and unbending audible clicks;
- the crunch of the hip joints combined with the different arrangement of the folds of the skin on the legs and hips are getting a divorce difficulties ;
- the crunch has been observed for a long time;
- phenomenon cause for concern or crying, accompanied by swelling and redness near the joint.
In the presence of at least one of the signs you should certainly visit a specialist.
Tests for diagnosis:
- analysis of blood and urine;
- blood biochemistry;
- Ultrasound of the joints;
- Ultrasound of the heart.
If studies have not shown a violation, the treatment is not required. You just need to perform the massage and exercises for the development of the musculoskeletal system.
If the baby phenomenon is observed due to their underdevelopment, the doctor will prescribe a special correction.
When you define a shortage of synovial fluid, the specialist may recommend drinking more.
For rheumatism, infections, take antibiotics and anti-inflammatories, arthritis — non-steroidal analgesics and glucocorticoids.
At high mobility or weakness of the muscles doing massage and therapeutic exercises. Sometimes used drugs to normalize muscle tone.
In a young period, many problems can be solved through uncomplicated methods.
If dysplasia of the hip joints when the baby crunches hip joint is used a special swaddling.
Procrastination leads to disability or surgical intervention.
It is impossible to self-medicate. The doctor will determine the cause of the crunch and when the need prescribe a treatment. Harm from self-assignments can be irreparable.
In order to prevent serious joint damage you need to revise diet: add foods that stimulate the production of synovial fluid.
For children the essential low-fat fish, milk, cheese, natural fruit juices.
If in my childhood I was a dysplasia, a very careful approach this time, because it might be arthritis in the adult, therefore, should review exercise.
A common exercise is to replace therapeutic, useful swimming and Biking. But the prolonged walking and carrying heavy loads will only hurt.
If you are unable to determine the cause of the crunch of the child, and he does not feel pain, do not hurt baby’s visits to the hospitals.
Most likely, this phenomenon is triggered by the maturation of the organism and does not pose a risk to health.
If, however, bending his knees a child is experiencing discomfort and pain, you should consult a doctor. You also need to do that when the crunch occurs only in one joint.