Why crackle joints throughout the body and what to do in this case
Why is it important to know why crackle joints — causes and consequences
If cracking bones and joints is not a harmless thing.
If you look, you can find that it is often a harbinger of serious diseases.
Our joints need to move silently and imperceptibly for us.
This is due to the generation during movement synovial fluid that acts as a joint lubricant.
Crisp sound appears, when the cartilage is damaged and produces less of the liquid. Because of this, there is friction, which over time can develop into a disease of the joints and even lead to disability.
It is considered that this is mainly a problem of older people. But, as evidenced by the statistics, today increasingly regular crunch in joints at young people aged 18 – 25 years.
Why do our joints crack
Click the joints most often for the following reasons:
- Diseases of the liver and gallbladder. These bodies are responsible for the production of collagen, which provides strength and elasticity of cartilages and tendons. In turn, disruption of their function leads to a decrease in the synthesis of this substance.
- Kidney disease. This body is responsible for all body fluids, synovial fluid including. When the defeat of the allocation of joint lubrication is greatly reduced, causing friction.
- Osteoarthritis. Characterized by wear of the joints, often affects older people but sometimes occurs at a young age.
- Arthritis – inflammation of the joint that occurs as a result of the ingress of infection.
- Osteoarthritis – cartilage damage of the, the cause of which is a violation of metabolism. Most often disease is common in people who are overweight because in their case the cartilage and joints experiencing excessive load.
- Bursitis – inflammation of the joint capsule.
- Tendinite tendon inflammation that often develops as a result of regular exercise.
- Gout is characterized by deposition of urate in the joints of the body. As a rule, this disease most affects people who regularly take in meat, liver and kidneys of animals and lovers of strong black tea, coffee, cocoa. Sometimes the occurrence of gout provoke some medications.
- Illness arising due to disturbances in the body’s metabolic processes. These include diabetes, lack of calcium and vitamin D.
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
The reason why crunch over the body or in its separate parts can be:
- Injury – when the cracks or fractures of the bones adjacent to the joint tissue and blood vessels are also damaged, resulting in inflammation that impedes the movement of the joints.
- Deficiency or overabundance of physical activity. A sedentary lifestyle often leads to the fact that muscles weaken and atrophy. As a result, affected ligaments and articular apparatus as a whole. If a person is regularly exposed to excessive physical stress, for example, during sports or at work, which involves constant standing up or carrying heavy loads, it can also provoke a crunch in the joints.
- Poor nutrition – people who abuse meat, chocolate, strong tea or coffee, spicy or salty foods and sweets, you can watch the crunch.
- The excess of salts in the joints is often a problem for people living in areas where drinking water contains high amount of mineral salts.
- Joint hypermobility – too high their mobility, most often observed in young women and associated with the production of in their body modified protein of connective tissue – collagen.
- Inflammation in muscle tissue that occurs after the overload.
- The wear and tear of the joints.
- Impaired metabolism.
Sometimes, if it started to crackle all joints, this is not a cause for concern. You can tell if the sound is not accompanied by pain.
This can happen because in synovial fluid accumulates dissolved gas, which, increasing in volume, produces a click. The interval between such sounds must be at least 15 – 20 minutes.
Another reason normal crunch lies in the interference with ligament or tendon of the outstanding forward of the bone fragment. While there was a dull click.
If you suffer a crunch across the body
The sounds of joints, are inherently a sign of their destruction and the risk of developing arthritis and similar diseases.
Typically, joint damage occurs in specific parts of the body, but it also happens that the entire body begins to crackle intermittently.
This is usually caused by articular hypermobility and is caused by genetic heredity.
In the case where the crackle is heard constantly, it is accompanied by pain, swelling, stiffness of joints, consult a doctor.
The development of the pathology in different parts of the body
The crunch in different parts of the body informs about the presence in this phase of the problem.
- Unpleasant sounds in the shoulder. Often, the reason for this phenomenon becomes excess of movement, which develops hypermobility of the joint. Ligaments weaken, appear painful clicks. This factor is transmitted at the genetic level, so to get rid of it. The only solution to this problem is implementation of preventive measures, which consist mainly in the avoidance of overloading and distension of the ligaments. Also crunch can occur due to arthritis or other joint diseases.
- Clicking in the hip joint. If the reason for the crunch was not a trauma, it can speak about osteoarthritis of the hip. As a result of this disease is curing and the withering away of the articular tissues, as well as limit their mobility. Also cause clicking in the hip joint can be a hip septic arthritis or osteoarthritis, there is inflammation or degeneration of cartilage.
- Cracking the joints in his knees. Normally, this area of the body needs to make the crunch. The presence of this symptom says about the health problems. It is important to identify the cause of joints unusual sounds and to start proper treatment. The reason for the crunch in the knee accompanied by pain could be an injury, obesity, genetic predisposition, viral infections, problems with the endocrine system, physical overload, high heels, sedentary lifestyle. Support every movement of your foot pain and crunching in the knee may indicate disease of the joints.
- Sick and crisp joints of the hands. Practicing a bad habit to crack your fingers. At first glance, is a pretty harmless habit, but it is not so. It is clear that after the working day or during psychological stress want to stretch your fingers. Quite often this comes relief. But regular use of such coercive recovery of joint mobility over time leads to the fact that cartilage is damaged and begins to develop osteoarthritis. So much more useful to do a hand massage or simple exercises than to force the fingers to crackle.
- Abnormal sound in the back usually occurs when providing the joint force impact that exceeds the resistance of the muscles and ligaments. This is a normal phenomenon. But if the clicks become more regular, it may be a sign that the muscles are constantly in tension and not do their job. This happens usually due to physical overload, infection, malnutrition.
Being constantly in one position, the back muscles eventually lose the ability to relax, decreases their strength, the vertebrae become excessive mobility, resulting in the spine affects short-term «sweep» the pain.
If you click the joints of the knee
Crunches spine — urgently to the doctor
Sometimes each person crunches the spine. It is not necessarily a phenomenon associated with a certain disease of the back.
In some cases it is …
To fix it you need to do special exercises.
Clicking joints in children
Why the most often seen pathology in children? There are a number of reasons:
- Pathology of the connective tissue. In this case the child has noted the presence of excessive joint mobility.
- Temporary children’s hypermobility of the joints. Because the child joint and the ligaments are not yet fully formed, from time to time his knees might crackle, not accompanied by pain. Over time, when joints become stronger, the sound disappears. Cause for concern should be the appearance in the joints of the rattle, feeling of discomfort. If this happens, then you need to seek medical help.
In detail about the problem of crunching in children
How to get rid of pathology
What can and should be done if during the day you crack the joints.
In this case it is necessary to take certain measures to prevent the development of disease:
- So, while sitting need to frequently change posture at least every hour and a half needed to climb and perform head and palms a few simple exercises. Two or three times a week should be sport.
- If the crunch came after an injury or joint disease, then you need to go to the orthopedist-traumatologist. For diagnosis he will prescribe x-rays, ultrasound of joints bones and a CT scan and prompt as they should treatment.
Inflammation of the joint
If crunch inflamed joints, the decision about how to treat the disease in this case should be exclusively a doctor.
In such cases:
- Assigned analgesics to eliminate pain syndrome.
- In the presence of inflammation and swelling the doctor may prescribe a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory ointments – Ibuprofen, Diclofenac, Fastum gel.
- If necessary, the internally accepted chondro — drugs aimed at the regeneration of cartilage structures. These include glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate. The course of treatment takes a lot of time. It is worth considering that chondroprotectors are more effective at an early stage of the disease when there is no feeling of pain.
- Sore joints need to regularly unload, giving them peace. For this purpose, elastic bandages and special clamps.
If the cause of the clicking sounds was the disease, is receiving appropriate treatment:
- When osteoarthritis is necessary to release joints from the load, wear comfortable, preferably orthopedic shoes. If the patient has excess weight, consider to get rid of it, because the joints and blood vessels in the legs will be less loaded. In the case of active progression of the disease should have surgery, which will be replaced by a joint. Usually this procedure is performed on hip and knee bone joints.
- If there is a patient of gout treatment involves a diet and enhanced drinking regime. Thus the patient should consume at least two to three liters of liquid.
- Patients suffering from arthritis, it is helpful to eliminate from your diet flour and sugar and animal fats. There are useful products of dairy origin and plant foods.
The possible and frequent complications
If an appeal for help to the doctor will be late, the crunch in the joints, ultimately, can lead to the development of diseases such as osteoarthritis, arthritis, arthrosis, bursitis.
Also changes the biomechanics of the spine, occurs hernia of intervertebral discs and other complications.
Ultimately, the patient may become disabled, losing the ability to self-care or independent movement.
In order to prevent unpleasant sounds in the joints, it is necessary to observe the following measures:
- Eat more vegetables and fruits and the consumption of fatty meats to cut.
- Useful for the body will products, acts as a source of calcium and phosphorus in: marine fish, dairy products.
- Instead of red meat healthier to eat white.
- Grilled and smoked dishes are better replaced by steamed or baked and is sweet to use fruit drinks, stewed fruit, fruit jelly.
- Useful to use sunflower, pumpkin and sesame seeds, vegetable oil.
- A day you need to drink at least 6 glasses of water in order to thin the blood in the body and prevent the formation of blood clots.
- During the day you need to move more, sedentary work often change posture, to rise and be kneaded.
- Cycling, walking and swimming are beneficial to joint health.
- Whenever possible you should avoid heavy physical activity leading to the injury, destruction of cartilage, inflammation.
- In any case, you can’t snap your fingers because the joints are injured and the risk of developing osteoarthritis.
To summarize, we can say that the crispy sustavi is a very dangerous thing, because it is a harbinger of serious articular disease. Very important time to diagnose, find the cause of this sound, and start adequate treatment.
Also important to comply with preventive measures to prevent occurrence of unusual sound in the body.