Why crunch your knees and what to do if the crunch is accompanied by pain
Why do I hear crunching in my knees when bending and squats
The knee joint is the largest in the human body.
It is formed by three bones: the femur, tibia and patella. The ends of the bones, as well as any joints are covered with cartilage tissue. Its thickness is around 5 cm, which is sufficient to minimize the friction of bones against each other.
Cartilage has a dense consistency that is required to cushion the impact when walking.
Form another joint and intra-articular cartilage: the lateral and medial shim plate, composed of cartilage and fibrous tissue. Their function is to ensure the proportionality solenaya the joint surfaces.
Inside the joint there is a thick mass of synovial fluid. It is necessary to prevent wear of the joint, as it lubricates and nourishes the surface. The shape of the knee joint — the hinge-rotation.
The joint can move in front (in flexion and extension) and vertical (rotation of the tibia in flexion) planes.
The joint itself, the tendons and muscles surrounded by three articular bags-Bursa, which is fluid. They are necessary to facilitate the work of the joint.
The main functions of the knee joint include: the movement in space and the preservation of the human body in a standing position.
As evidenced by the crunch in the knee joint
When movement of the joint moves or stretching of the articular elements. The joints may crackle or make other sounds.
The crunch suggests that the cartilage that exists within the joint began to deteriorate.
This may indicate the beginning of any diseases of the musculoskeletal system. Sometimes, clicking in the knee are physiological in nature and can last for several years.
These include cavitation, abnormal displacement of the patella and the touch of the ligaments of the bony protrusions.
As evidenced by unpleasant sounds?
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
The occurrence of a crunch in the knee joint can occur for numerous reasons. This may be various diseases, high physical activity and other factors.
Diseases that cause clicking in the knee:
- calcium deposits;
- sclerotherapy soft tissue.
Also the crunch in the knees when bending and squats can cause:
- high load on the knee, lifting of heavy objects;
- high heels and other uncomfortable shoes (heels more than 4 cm);
- excess body weight;
- an inactive or sedentary lifestyle;
- abuse spicy, salty foods and sweets.
To help deal with the main reason for this unpleasant phenomenon, to help the surgeon.
The main predisposing factors include the following:
- age-related changes (reduction of body reserves, the gradual wear — aging, chronic disease);
- great exercise, especially in athletes (microtrauma of the joints, chronic diseases of the ligaments and cartilage of the knee);
- osteoporosis — a decrease in the level of calcium, which is more common in women who are over 40 years or in persons with disorders of calcium metabolism;
- congenital disorder of the structure of the knee, flat feet, different length of the lower limbs;
- running chronic disease, old injuries, failure to implement recommendations in the recovery period after the previous damage to the knee.
Features crunch in extension-flexion and walking
In flexion — extension cracking can occur for several reasons.
It can be the start of inflammation or degenerative changes. In osteoarthritis such change begins with cartilage, which becomes cloudy and loses its elasticity. While its surface is erased, and in some places and compacted. When bending crunching appears, which increases as a result of violations of the lubricant.
The main reason why knees crack when squatting heavy lifting, giving the load on the legs. Big weight also gives stress on the knees that leads to the appearance of crunch.
Inactivity and constant sitting in one position leads to the fact that the feet swell. All this is heavy to carry when standing up. Stay in the same position and sudden change also leads to crunching and clicking noises.
It can also be consumption of salt and various spices, sweet, which causes deposits in the joints of the knee.
And if there is pain, then we can talk about the hidden signs of arthritis, rheumatism, polyarthrosis and other diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
According to this, if crunches knee in flexion should immediately contact a doctor!
Weight — the main reason for the creaking of the knees while walking. Knees difficult to withstand this load. Gradually this can lead to the wear and tear of the knee joints.
What to do if you crack your knees?
When the crunch experts recommend:
- Lead an active lifestyle, engage in physical activity with the inclusion of simple exercises and small loads. It is very helpful to do the exercise «Bicycle», «scissors», which not only strengthen the skeletal system.
- Positive effect have classes in Aqua-aerobics, as the load on the legs is significantly reduced. Exercises strengthen the muscles and joints.
- A balanced diet is an important component of healthy joints. It is recommended to increase the number of products containing calcium. You want to drink more mineral still water.
- When the crunch in the knees because of excess weight, you should include in the diet more fruits and vegetables to reduce weight.
From folk remedies to reduce unpleasant sounds and sensations in the knee are recommended the following recipes:
- A compress of a mixture of citrus juice and vegetable oil in a ratio of 1:5. The mixture is applied to a gauze pad and applied to the affected area for 1 hour. After the procedure, you must have a massage, wrap up in a warm scarf. To do all better before bedtime.
- Ointment on the basis of the poisons of snake or bee, which is rubbed with massage movements.
If the problem is causing arthritis or osteoarthritis
In that case, if the diagnosis of osteoarthritis or arthritis and the crunch in the knees causes pain, doctors prescribe anti-inflammatory and antihistamine drugs.
Topically administered ointment a warming effect, contains bee venom.
Rheumatism treatment is aimed at reducing inflammation and pain, as well as preserving the functioning of the joint and the health of the patient.
When the failure of hormonal nature, especially for women in menopause, crunching treated with hormone-replacement therapy. The cause of the disease — reducing the female sex hormones estrogens. Prescribes treatment endocrinologist.
Prevention and complications
Better to take care of your health before sore knees, and to prevent the emergence of creaking in the joints of the knees with the help of preventive measures.
The main methods of prevention include:
- daily exercises (exercise «Bicycle», «scissors»);
- physiotherapy (electrophoresis, diathermy, UHF, ultrasound, magnetoterapia);
- rubbing and massages using healing ointments, Dimexidum;
- compresses made of milk and wheat bran (Mixture is applied to the knees, covered with foil, wrap up warm with a scarf, after 30 minutes wash off and smear with a nourishing cream);
- try not to SuperCool the joints;
- before bedtime to reduce stress in the joint is recommended to do warm baths.
To avoid complications such as joint limitations, the emergence of various diseases of the feet, should go as early as possible to the doctor. Self-treatment can be given, otherwise the disease will start.
From time for the treatment of inflammatory diseases and injuries, influence on the future health and mobility of the knee joint.