Yoga in osteochondrosis of the cervical, lumbar, thoracic: exercises with video
Effective and safe complex yoga asanas osteochondrosis
Osteochondrosis – a degenerative-dystrophic lesion of the articular cartilage and the intervertebral discs of the spine.
Distinguish cervical, lumbar and thoracic osteochondrosis.
Today the disease is much younger, the first signs are felt at 20 years of age. The inflammatory process first captures the ligaments, intervertebral discs lose strength and become less elastic.
As a result, the spine ceases to be flexible, the weight pushes on the vertebrae are unevenly distributed, which can lead to the displacement of the disks.
What caused the violation?
There are many factors in the development of the disease.
The main reasons include:
- improper distribution of load transfer of weight;
- sedentary lifestyle;
- genetic predisposition;
- the metabolic disorders;
- heavy physical labor;
- infectious diseases;
- incorrect posture.
The benefits of yoga for back
Podiatrist Dikul: «the Penny product is No. 1 to restore the normal blood supply to the joints. Back and joints will be like in 18 years, enough time in the day to smear… Read more
Yoga – an ancient practice that dates back about 4 thousand years. It is aimed to achieve balance between body and soul.
In gymnastics there is no presses, strength exercise, jolts, can damage the spine. All the asanas smoothly into one another, gently stretching, strengthening and saturating the body with oxygen and nitrogen.
Gymnastics has a beneficial effect on the whole body, including the spine. Exercise can reduce pain in chronic pain in the lower back, to correct posture, help reduce the feeling of stiffness, and also help to fight stress.
Studies of British scientists showed that the asanas provide more effective treatment than medical therapy in diseases of the spine.
Postures that are performed during class, gently stretch the spine, giving it flexibility and at the same time strengthen the weak muscles.
Yoga can reduce chronic pain, promotes healing of sprains, fractures, and prevents re-injury.
The impact of asanas on the spine
During exercise increases blood circulation in tissues, thus, ensures the delivery of nutrients to damaged areas of tissue, thus reducing pain.
The main direction of correction of the spine is aimed at building the correct position of the skeleton.
With the help of certain asanas are first stretching the spine, gradually strengthened its correct position, and then strengthen certain back muscles.
During exercises improves the blood supply to ligaments, bones, joints, especially in the spinal Department. Occurs stretching the ligaments, cartilage, tendons, which contributes to less vulnerability to injury.
Due to the complete contraction and relaxation of muscles increases their strength and increases your range of motion.
Does yoga in osteochondrosis?
The mainstay of treatment of osteochondrosis – the restoration of the normal condition of the muscular system, ligaments of the back and the normalization of metabolic processes.
The exercises of yoga are ideal for this disease, as they lack sharp loads, activates the muscle tissue, thereby improving the nutrition of the affected areas.
The asanas provide an opportunity to:
- to strengthen the muscles, ligaments, which improves their mobility and prevents the progression of the disease;
- to make a correction of posture;
- improve blood circulation, allowing nutrients to be delivered to the damaged area;
- to reduce tension between the vertebrae;
- to improve circulation in tight and sore areas;
- to slow down the aging process in connective tissues.
Through practicing yoga is the improvement of the whole organism, normalizes blood pressure, improves cardiovascular, nervous system, metabolism, increased resistance to many diseases.
A set of exercises
Specially selected complexes will help to deal with the problem and after a while it will give positive results.
Asanas for the neck
Yoga exercise in osteochondrosis of the cervical spine:
- «Vriksasana» — tones and relaxes the muscles of the neck and upper back, strengthens legs and improves balance.
Standing position, one leg lifted, bent at the knee and put on the inner thigh of the other leg, hands up top.
- «Utthita Trikonasana» — removes tension on the cervical spine, improves posture and opens the hip joints.
Perform with a chair. To face the chair, lunge left leg back and deploy foot perpendicular, and the right – slightly to the right. Corps to deploy to the left, the left hand pulling up right to lean against a chair. Hold the pose for 30 seconds. Repeat in the other direction.
- «Parivritta trikonasana» — tones muscles, relieves stooped posture, relieves pain in the neck and back.
Standing position, lunge right leg forward, foot on the other leg to deploy to the left. Twist trunk to the right until, until my left hand on the floor. The right hand need to pull up. To hold the pose for 30 seconds, then change position in the opposite direction.
- «Utthita of parsvakonasana» — relieves tension in the cervical spine, improves posture and strengthens the muscles of the hips, knees and ankles. Stand up straight, legs to breed a wider shoulder line. Right leg bent at a right angle, turning the foot to the right. Pull the arms to the sides and gently pull the torso to the right. Repeat the same in the other direction.
Video practical yoga in osteochondrosis of the cervical spine:
Exercise in breast osteochondrosis
Weakening of the pain contribute to the exercises with a light spinal traction.
Exercises should be carried out not less than 3 times/week with an average load. Maximum efforts can lead to the opposite result.
Thoracic uses the following asanas:
- «Parsvottanasana» — develops flexibility of the spine, aligned posture, moreover, reveals hip
joints. Stand up straight, retract shoulders back, linking his hands behind the castle. The body and foot to expand to the left, lower the torso to the right leg.
- «Bhujangasana» — elongates the spine, opens the chest, relieves General fatigue, helps disc displacement. Posture — lying on stomach, feet together, palms pressed to the floor near the pelvis. On the exhale, lift the body, the body weight must be only on the hands and feet. Repeat several times for 20 sec.
- «Salabhasana» — aligns the displacement of the intervertebral discs, elongates the spine. Lying on his stomach, arms stretched along the body with palms to the ceiling. On the exhale, lift your hands, body and feet. To stay in the pose for 30-40 seconds.
The yoga asanas in osteochondrosis of the lumbar:
- «Urdhva of prasarita padasana» — normalizes blood circulation in the tissues, relaxes the muscles of the back. To sit on a Mat close to the wall, turn around, put the body on the floor with your legs on the wall. Knees maximally to straighten. Run time-3 min poses
- «Tadasana» — improves posture, relieves back muscles from undue stress. Stand up straight, feet to join hands
down. Tighten all the muscles of the chest to open forward, try to stretch the top up.
- «Pavanamuktasana» — relaxes and stretches the spine, relieves tension in the lumbar region, and helps to improve digestion. Lie on your back, legs straight, hands lower along the body. Bend one leg at the knee and bring to chest, toes to bend to him. Hold for 30 seconds, then change leg.
Any set of exercises should finish with a pose of Shavasana asana of complete relaxation. Lie down on your back, legs slightly apart, eyes covered. Run time -15 min.
Tips and warnings
Before starting practicing yoga you should consult with your doctor.
Despite the positive trend in osteochondrosis, physiotherapy has several contraindications:
- acute aggravation of any disease;
- severe lesions of the heart, myocardial infarction;
- inguinal hernia;
- high blood or cranial pressure;
- of disc displacement, herniated disc;
- mental disorders;
- the postoperative period;
Classes should begin gradually, with one or two a week, gradually moving to daily practice.
If after gymnastics is unwell, it is best practice to stop or change a complex of exercises for easier.
First yoga should be done under the supervision of a trainer, especially with cervical osteochondrosis, which is characterized by severe pain and unpleasant consequences.
Clothing should be comfortable, not constraining movements. Before the start of classes is recommended not to eat 2-3 hours. To drink in between exercises is not recommended, as yoga warms up the body, and the water too quickly it cools.
The nuances of exercise
While performing asanas one should remember that the exercises are performed smoothly, seamlessly, with a moderate load. If there is enlargement of the thyroid gland, the chin must hold towards his chest.
High blood pressure is strictly forbidden to do deflections in the cervical spine.
Practice has shown that regular practice of yoga, fulfilment of basic asanas, proper full breathing, can effectively deal with diseases of the spine.
Strengthening the muscles and ligaments of the back, you can pause the progression of the disease and improve quality of life.