Treatment for cold during pregnancy in 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimester: than and how to treat the consequences
How to treat acute respiratory infections during pregnancy?
During pregnancy the natural immune system is greatly reduced and the future mother are increasingly exposed to viral and infectious attacks. If the normal period to cure acute respiratory disease using anti-inflammatory drugs and vasoconstrictor, while bearing fruit to get rid of OCR much more difficult. The fact that a pregnant woman is forbidden to apply a medicines, because they can cause abnormal development of the embryo.
It is especially important to cure the disease in the first trimester of pregnancy. It was during this period laid the vital organs and tissues of the baby, so any interference could be dangerous for the future functioning of the child. Unfortunately, the development of viral disease no one is immune, so the future mom can get sick at any moment. To heal the inflammation faster and eliminate the risk of effects on the baby, it is important to know how and what to treat acute infections in pregnancy. Let us examine this question in detail in the current material.
Complex treatment of acute respiratory infections
In order to properly treat acute respiratory disease during pregnancy you must seek medical help and in any case not to self-medicate. Ignorance side effects from medication can cause the development of incorrect structure of organs of the baby and lead to dangerous complications.
To cure acute infections by using anti-inflammatory drugs, Immunostimulants and vasoconstrictor nasal means. However, in each trimester the treatment is in accordance with the term of pregnant.
In the first trimester
1 trimester treatment of ARI should be directed at reducing symptoms and improving the health of the pregnant woman. In this period it is very important not to use drugs without a doctor’s prescription, as a part of most drugs are potent components that are absorbed into the bloodstream. This process is dangerous in pregnancy because leads to disruption of biochemical processes.
Among the harmful drugs include any drops with vasoconstrictor effect, strong anti-inflammatory medication and antibiotics. In addition, you cannot use «Aspirin», «Coldrex» or «good». The composition of these drugs are substances that affect the respiratory system of the baby and have a detrimental impact on the formation of the cardiovascular system.
To reduce the symptoms of a catarrhal inflammation of the in the first three months of pregnancy, you can use the following drugs:
- To reduce the temperature of the patient can take a «Paracetamol». An antipyretic should be used as often as three days. Replace the tool on analogs is not necessary, as «Paracetamol» is not absorbed into the bloodstream and can not harm the baby.
- So as not to cause disease in the baby, it is crucial to clear the airway. To cleanse the nasal passages are assigned to the saline solutions that you can prepare at home. If you prefer ready-made tools, you should choose «other means», «Dolphin», «no-Sol», «Aqua Maris» or «Physiomer». With proper dosing of the drug, irrigation reduces nasal congestion and improves the function of the mucous membrane.
- If the inflammation accompanied by a dry cough, the patient is assigned the «ACC». This drug liquefies phlegm and removes it from the body. In addition, the tool eliminates signs of dry cough.
- To improve the health of the patient and to remove unpleasant sensations in the throat, doctors recommend to use «Miramistin».
The medicines are able to eliminate inflammation in the acute stage. If the disease becomes severe symptoms, treatment should be reconsidered. To eliminate the risk of allergic reactions or medication of rhinitis, further therapy should be considered in conjunction with the doctor.
In the second trimester
To get rid of colds during the second trimester is much easier than in the first three months. With twelve weeks of pregnancy acute infections is not harmful to embryos, but this does not mean that the inflammation can not be treated.
If the therapy is to start late, the future mom may develop fetoplatzentarnyi failure. Inadequate nutrition and oxygen starvation of the embryo may cause fetal hypoxia.
Treatment for cold during pregnancy in the 2nd trimester involves the following drugs:
- For the rehabilitation of the nasal passages you can apply the following solutions based on sea and ocean water: «Marimer», «Humer», «Aqua Maris», «Otrivin Sea» or «Dr. Theiss».
- To reduce the symptoms of dry cough is assigned to «Mukaltin». The drug is made from natural remedies, so it is not dangerous for the baby.
- To destroy all germs and provide an antiseptic effect on the cavity of the nasopharynx, doctors recommend to use «Geksoralom». It destroys fungus and bacterial inflammation, and reduces inflammation.
- For expectorant action and reduce the amount of phlegm in the bronchi, you should use the «Mucosolvan».
At the end of the treatment, the patient should apply a large amount of water and nutrients. For this review the diet and add the foods that contain large amounts of vitamins and minerals.
In the third trimester
To combat acute respiratory infections in the last stages of pregnancy it is important to quickly to eliminate dry cough. It can be dangerous for future moms and cause early births. In other cases, acute infections are not dangerous to a child’s development.
In the course of treatment includes the following medications:
- Cleaning the sinuses is allowed with the following firstgov: «saline», «Physiomer», «Marimer», «These».
- To liquefy mucus in the bronchi and elimination of sputum, use «Bromhexine».
- To soothe a sore throat and restore the function of the nasopharynx, use «Tantum Verde».
- To destroy all pathogenic microorganisms in the nasopharynx of a pregnant woman are appointed by antiseptic medicines. In term 3 it is best to use the drug «Lugol». It not only eliminates the undesirable microorganisms, but also restores the mucous membranes.
- In addition, it is important to moisturize the mucous with inhalation on the basis of aromatic oils or using nasal medications. You can use the drops «Pensol».
Remember! Treatment of acute respiratory infections at all stages of pregnancy should be tailored to women’s empowerment. Medicines should not be absorbed into the bloodstream.
If treatment for cold is not timely received, the pregnant woman can develop dangerous consequences. Among the worst factors include spontaneous miscarriage or infection of the embryo. In addition, persistent coughing can cause early births or hypoxia.
Other consequences include:
- missed abortion;
- early childbirth;
- trauma at birth, the baby;
- various defects and injuries;
- delayed physical development of the fetus;
- detachment of the placenta.
The risk of complications increases if pregnant sick to twelve weeks. Any inflammation in the first trimester is dangerous that affect the digestive, respiratory and nervous system of the embryo. In addition, there is a risk of pathology in the cardiovascular system.
Disease women in the second trimester can cause metabolic disorders in the uterus, which is dangerous reduction in the income of nutrients to the fetus. Such a process may provoke a choking child or cause physiological disorders.
In the third trimester of ARI dangerous in that it leads to premature birth or discharge of water. In addition, acute respiratory tract inflammation can cause bleeding during childbirth.
When inflammation of the ARI is important to eliminate the risk of complications. It does not use medicines or traditional methods without prior consultation with the doctor. In addition, upon gestation, avoid contact with the sick person and are not in places where a large number of people.
Don’t forget to wash your hands with soap and watch your diet. To reduce the risk of inflammation every day wet cleaning and ventilate the premises several times a day. Before each walk, lubricate the mucous part of the nose oxolinic ointment, and after a walk, rinse the nose with salt solutions.