Treatment of chronic rhinitis in children: symptoms and how to cure
How to cure chronic runny nose in a child?
Launched or goes untreated acute rhinitis necessarily pass into the chronic stage. This form of disease dangerous to small children, since in most cases the disease is accompanied by acute symptoms, deterioration of health, refusal to eat and lethargy. To avoid chronic rhinitis, it is crucial to eliminate all signs of colds or viral diseases and strengthen the immune system of the baby. If the disease has not spared you a party, it is important to know how to cure chronic runny nose in a child.
Drug therapy begins with the establishment of causes of chronic rhinitis in children. Usually rhinitis is formed in the cold season, when the child is supercooled. At this time there is a violation of the protective functions of the organism, allowing viruses and infections to freely enter into the cavity of the mucous membrane. Such a process causes nasal congestion, pain in the head, the release of large amounts of mucus and other symptoms. Drawing attention to them early on in the disease, you will be able to eliminate disease.
How is it formed chronic rhinitis
Chronic rhinitis appears as a consequence of acute inflammation in the nasal passages. If the disease is infectious or viral nature was not cured in time, in a young patient may form a favorable environment for chronic inflammation. In this case, the main reason for the formation of chronic rhinitis lies in undertreated inflammation.
This kind of cold can also appear due to improper medical treatment. Parents, trying to reduce the symptoms of acute rhinitis may give the wrong drugs. The wrong treatment may be the root cause of chronic rhinitis and drug rhinitis.
The preservation of the inflammatory process and prolonged rhinitis is dangerous for the health of the child, so I can’t give the baby any medications without consulting with your doctor.
Sometimes chronic rhinitis is formed due to contact with allergens. The main irritants include pet dander, pollen, dust, mites and so on. Treatment of this type of rhinitis begins with establishing the type of causative agent and its complete elimination. Otherwise, drug treatment will be ineffective.
Chronic rhinitis may appear as a result of violations of the nasal septum. If it is offset by congenital or acquired reasons, the child can torment not only a constant rhinitis, but nasal congestion, pain in the head and a number of other acute symptoms.
Long-term rhinitis can occur due to injury of the nasal cavity. Kids during the game can cause injury to the nasal cavity, thereby damaging the integrity of the mucosa. For this reason, include penetration into the cavity of small items or insect bites.
To injure the mucosa and cause chronic rhinitis can surgery. So if the baby recently had surgery, check the condition of the nasal cavity of the child.
Any irregularities in the nasal cavity, accompanied by hormonal fluctuations, causes a long and painful rhinitis. In this case, the kid needs medication. Otherwise the blood vessels of the cavity of the nose of the baby may lose its integrity, cause swelling of tissues and other symptoms.
Unfavorable climate often becomes the main cause of chronic rhinitis. Therefore, the appearance of the child in the family is necessary to monitor the temperature in the living room, not to forget the need for ventilation and moisture bedrooms.
Remember! Dust and dirt cause an irritation of the mucous membranes and disrupt the basic functions.
In addition, prolonged rhinitis can be the result of mismatched clothing in the cold period. If the baby is cold, hypothermia is regarded as one of the root causes of the disease.
In the cavity the baby often formed adenoids, which tend to cause severe dysfunction of the cavity. At congestion inside the nose of mucus, the baby is exposed to risk.
If the baby was diagnosed with chronic infectious diseases in the nose and throat, rhinitis acts only as one of the symptoms. The disease can occur due to not fully cured bacterial propagation or due to other processes in the throat.
Regardless of the reasons, it is important to notice the onset of the disease. The symptoms of chronic rhinitis in children are similar, therefore, the attentive parent will be able to notice signs of the disease at the earliest stages.
Symptoms of chronic runny nose in a child is marked by the following characteristics:
- violation of nasal breathing;
- stuffy nostrils, one or both of the parties;
- mucus from the cavity;
- the appearance of purulent discharge;
- the absence of effect of vasoconstrictor drops;
- pain in the head;
- redness of the nose;
- soreness inside the nasal cavity;
- the pressure in the bridge of the nose;
- sometimes the body temperature rises;
- toddler complains of pain when swallowing food or liquid;
- lethargy and fatigue;
- pain due to the constant bismarckiana;
- deterioration of health;
- dryness of the nasal mucosa;
- burning sensation and itching;
- frequent sneezing and coughing;
- the formation of viscous secretions;
- violation of smell;
- swelling of tissues in the nasal cavity;
- the appearance of unusual sounds in the ears;
- shortness of breath;
- in a bad mood.
Important! If the patient is a combination of even more characteristics, it is important to undergo a diagnosis and determine the type of disease before the start of the complications.
How to cure chronic runny nose
Drug treatment of the disease begins with establishing the exact cause of the disease. Usually for this lack of surveys of the nasal cavity by the doctor-otolaryngologist. Depending on the shape and nature of inflammation is assigned to the following medications:
- For the destruction of the pathogen in viral in nature are assigned to antiviral drugs – Nasopure, Amiksin and others.
- For the destruction of pathogenic bacteria requires the following Antibacterials – Amoxiclav, Amoclav, Augmentin and more. For local applications are assigned Izofra, Polideksa, Bioparoks.
- To reduce the symptoms of allergic rhinitis appointed antihistamines – Zyrtec, Cethrin Allergodil, Aerius. However, to cure chronic rhinitis allergies can only after the complete elimination of the pathogen. The pills will only be able to reduce the swelling of tissues and itchiness.
- In chronic rhinitis, accompanied by fever, the patient is prescribed a fever – Panadol, Nurofen, Analgin. They can be applied only at temperatures above 38 degrees Celsius.
- To reduce inflammation and provide gentle baby essential homeopathic medicines – Nasonex will Help.
- Medical treatment of chronic rhinitis of the baby involves the application of salt solutions – the Phrase, Aqua Maris, Humer, But-salt, Deosan and others. They are designed to wash the nasal cavity and removal of accumulations of mucous secretion.
- Rinsing with saline can be used for prevention of complications of the disease.
- For a full treatment baby needed nasal vasoconstrictors – Glycine, Otrivin, Nazivin, Naphazoline. They will reduce swelling of the mucous membrane and the allocation of a mucous character. To use drugs of this kind can be no more than five days.
Treatment of chronic rhinitis in children involves the use of not only drugs, but also physical therapy.
For the treatment of children is assigned to the following methods:
- the impact of high frequency rays into the nasal cavity;
- treatment with ultraviolet light;
- laser treatment;
Physiotherapy can be carried out in the first year, however, before the assignment complete all required examinations. It is important to remember about contraindications that is impossible to detect without the help of a doctor.
In the treatment of rhinitis chronic forms it is necessary to follow a proper diet, is more time outdoors, observing all the rules of admission of tablets and sprays. In addition, parents should monitor the kid’s room.
Do not forget to ventilate the room every two hours to humidify the air in the sleeping area and wet cleaning at least four times a week. To get rid of cold is possible only through an integrated approach.
After full recovery don’t forget about taking vitamins and supplements. They will strengthen the child’s immune system and act as prevention of relapse.