Treatment of chronic sinusitis in the home folk remedies adult
How to treat chronic sinusitis at home?
Sinusitis is an inflammatory disease of the sinuses. The chronic form of the disease begins to develop in the case of insufficient or incorrect treatment of acute forms of disease. Occurs due to the penetration into the nasal cavity of bacteria, viruses and fungi, which cause this inflammatory process.
Sinusitis is a very serious disease that can have many undesirable consequences and complications. It is important to start the treatment as soon as possible to fight the disease. On this ground many have question about how to treat chronic sinusitis at home in adults.
The symptoms and course of the disease
The main cause of the disease acts as a respiratory disease. Since the disease is chronic, the most pronounced symptoms at the time of the exacerbation:
- nasal congestion with discharge of greenish hue;
- the emergence of sneezing because of irritation;
- weakness and lethargy;
- the increase in body temperature;
- the emergence of pain which gives in different places.
- voice change and appearance of nasal;
- the allocation can change its color to yellow and a foul odor.
If the disease is in the acute stage, there are a number of symptoms that indicate its presence:
- nasal congestion and the appearance of periodic allocations;
- feeling a lump in my throat;
- violation of smell;
- in the morning, you can observe swelling of the eyelids;
- bursting face and a feeling of heaviness.
Important! If you are experiencing the symptoms of the above, in any case can not delay. It is imperative to seek the assistance of an experienced specialist.
Treatment of chronic sinusitis at home
Cure chronic forms of the disease differs from the therapy of common diseases in the fact that during remitting not to give attention to evidence in any case impossible. On how well is the cure and respected prevention measures depends not only on frequency but also the severity of the disease.
The most important thing in the cure of disease is to fight infection. All therapeutic measures directed on restoration of the respiratory system of the patient.
Specialists prescribed the medicines that are used to destroy pathogenic microflora.
Antibiotics have a negative impact on the body and greatly lower the immune system, so their intake should monitor doctor. In the case of severe illness it is necessary to resort to surgical intervention.
At the moment there are many recipes for curing disease at home. Folk remedy to this show good efficiency. Most importantly, to regularly perform all procedures and follow all the doctor’s recommendations.
Warming up sinuses
The warming of the sinuses serves as a Supplement to the basic treatment of the disease. Such procedures help to reduce the symptoms of the disease. It is recommended to apply dry heat, even if the flare-up subsided. This will serve as an excellent option for the prevention of the disease.
It is important to carry out the procedure correctly to avoid any complications. To do this, follow the instructions:
- On the dry heated frying pan pour enough salt and fry for few minutes.
- After heating to spread salt on a dry cloth. You can’t use Terry towels.
- Tie the cloth and apply to the maxillary sinus.
The bag should not touch the skin, not to get a burn. On the face is overlaid with another piece of fabric. Keep the compress on for 15-20 minutes.
If there is a burning sensation, you must wait a few moments until the bag has cooled a bit. During the procedure you need is in the supine position under a blanket. In this case, the procedure will be as efficient as possible.
Read also, what are the devices used for heating up nose at home.
With the right attitude inhalations will help not just ease the human condition, but also will promote the elimination of the causes of the disease. The main advantage of these procedures is the direct delivery of the drug into the maxillary sinus. This ensures the maximum effect of this option cure.
There are 2 method of procedure:
- with the help of steam.
There are many solutions to perform the procedures via a special device. But they were appointed only your doctor. Is prohibited in its sole discretion to choose the drugs for the procedure.
Steam inhalation can be carried out independently. In the composition of medicines can be:
- essential oil;
- the bee products.
Before the procedure, the nose must be clean. It is not necessary to begin treatment after a meal. It is recommended to conduct all the steps several times a day. Every time you need to devote a couple of minutes to procedure.
It is worth noting that it is strictly forbidden to perform the procedures in:
- high temperature;
- bleeding from the nose.
- diseases of the heart;
- respiratory failure.
Is it possible to do inhalations with green snot? Find out in this article.
There are many recipes to accomplish the necessary actions. The most effective are:
- Yarrow, chamomile, and eucalyptus. Mix all herbs in equal amounts. Usually taken 2 tea spoon each herb. Pour 2 liters of boiling water. Let stand.
- Series, camomile and sage. To make a composition of herbs in these proportions: 3 teaspoons of chamomile and 1 teaspoon of the other two herbs. Pour 3 liters of boiling water and leave to infuse. Then allow to cool.
- Essential oil. 2 liters of boiled liquid, add 7-8 drops of essential oil.
- The propolis. Boil 2 liters of water, add 2 teaspoons of alcohol tincture of propolis. The solution is ready.
To correctly perform the procedures required to lean over the pot and breathe the steam. This should wrap myself with a towel. It is recommended to breathe for 10 minutes.
Lavage of sinuses
Sea salt acts as a source of valuable vitamins and minerals. It helps to cure chronic sinusitis at home. Rinsing with this product kills viruses and bacteria that have accumulated in the maxillary sinuses.
When performing actions you need to take into account some features:
- Do not put too much salt, as it could cause burns and irritation of the mucous membrane.
- Salt must be very well mixed. Available grains will corrode the lining of the nose. Solution you need to give some time to steep and then pour into another container.
- The temperature of the liquid should be about 40 degrees.
- It is impossible to pull the solution. The liquid should flow itself and to emerge from the other nostril.
What if during washing the nose to the ear is exposed to water? Find out in this article.
There are several ways to prepare the solution:
- For adults necessary teaspoon to half a liter of liquid.
- For children 1 teaspoon in 1 litre of warm water. Rinse shown to children from 2 years. It is important to calculate the proportion, so as not to cause swelling of the sinuses and irritation.
- Another recipe: 1 teaspoon of salt per pint of liquid, and a quarter tablespoons of baking soda and a drop of iodine.
For the procedure you need to dial into the syringe and the resulting solution is sprayed in both nostrils in turn under pressure. At the exit of the fluid will stand out mucus and pus.
Nose drops in the chronic form of the disease used to reduce swelling. Drops can be prepared at home.
There are a few recipes:
- Drops of honey. Grind the leaves of celandine, mix with aloe juice and honey in equal proportions. To bury the medicine 3 drops in each nostril 5 times a day.
- Rosehip oil and sea buckthorn. Mix linseed oil in equal ratio and instilled up to 6 times per day depending on the severity of the disease. Soften the mucous and heal her. Contraindicated in children up to 2 years.
- Kalanchoe. To obtain the juice from the plant and instill 2 drops in each nostril three times a day. Children dripping with honey twice a day.
Attention! When used correctly recipes the patient will soon feel considerable relief.
Medical therapy of chronic sinusitis
The goal of drug therapy is to reduce swelling and eliminate infection.
Do not attempt to pick up medications to treat disease.
It is important to promptly consult a specialist for advice and recommendations.
Only a doctor can prescribe competent treatment.
Most often doctors prescribed the following medications:
Drugs for the treatment of chronic forms there are many, and their action aimed at addressing not just the symptoms of the disease but also its causes. Antibiotics are prescribed by a doctor for use at home. The doctor based on clinical arising symptoms, contraindications and possible side effects.
In order to avoid exacerbation of chronic sinusitis, it is important to take measures in mild stages of the disease. It is impossible to neglect the usual rhinitis. It can have numerous unwanted complications.
It is important to adhere to the following rules:
- to prevent hypothermia;
- conduct tempering procedure;
- stick to a balanced diet;
- not to visit public places during epidemics.
If you follow these rules and all doctor’s recommendations, it is possible to forget about the relapse of the disease.
From the foregoing it can be concluded that it is very important at the initial stage is not to ignore the manifested symptoms.
You should consult the doctor for advice and follow his advice. If the specialist prescribed treatment, it must be regular.