Treatment of chronic yeast infection in women: drugs
Fungi yeast live in the vagina of all women, without breaking up to a certain time a balance of beneficial microflora. With the weakening of immunity, colds, antibiotics, poor diet etc. the bacterial composition of the vagina is disturbed, and the increasing symptoms of candidiasis cause painful discomfort and hassle associated with subsequent treatment.
Why the doctor should be contacted in time?
Often women do not seek timely medical attention and begin to treat the disease on the advice of friends or pharmacists. Irregularity of treatment and the administration of antibacterial drugs, suitable for the destruction of fungi, contribute to the emergence of chronic phase of candidiasis. The result is recurrent yeast infection that occurs under more favourable conditions, and is difficult to treat.
Especially dangerous are concomitant diseases in which there are pronounced symptoms. Sublease sexually transmitted, genital herpes, inflammatory disease of the urogenital area in combination with candidiasis require long-term treatment. Without passing the laboratory tests difficult to understand than it is to treat these diseases.
If the thrush recurs, and symptoms of anxiety often returns requires systemic therapy at the individual level, to assign which can only be experienced gynecologist or venerologist.
Pregnant woman should especially keep away from a candidiasis, because her body is undergoing major changes, and it is impossible to treat certain drugs that have a negative impact on the fetus. When deciding on the replenishment of the family, it is desirable to pass a comprehensive examination for infections of the urogenital area in women and her life partner.
Tortured thrush? Recurring symptoms of candidiasis? To treat disease, it is recommended that only those medications prescribed by a doctor, choosing from them the most gentle products. Genital herpes, was detected in the pregnant woman, can cause aborted pregnancy, a miscarriage. Even those born a healthy baby at risk of Contracting the infection passing through the birth canal.
How does chronic disease
- white cheesy discharge from the vagina (some women candidiasis is painless and is found in the later stages);
- redness and intense itching of the labia;
- burning when you urinate;
- pain during intercourse;
- irritation in the crotch area.
Treatment of chronic yeast infection is a difficult, long-term. You must use a complex scheme, allowing the use of drugs local and internal exposure.
Why women have quite often there are such diseases as chronic thrush? It provoked:
- the predominance in the diet of sweet foods;
- violation of metabolic processes in the body, diabetes;
- often the resulting stress and nerve strain;
- antibiotics, leading to disruption of the microbial balance in the vagina;
- hormonal imbalance, resulting in the uncontrolled birth control pills;
- chronic diseases of the urogenital, gastrointestinal, genital herpes;
- wrong treatment, incomplete course of therapy the primary form of the disease.
How to treat thrush?
The diagnosis of «chronic yeast infection» is when the disease occurs in women more often 4 times a year. It confirmed the presence of Candida fungi in a laboratory. To clarify the picture of the disease helps the vaginal, bacterial culture, microscopy, clinical and biochemical blood and urine tests.
A running thrush and herpes is often treated at home. Drugs are used in the form:
- tablets that are taken inside;
- cream to lubricate the irritated mucosa;
- suppositories, inserted into the vagina.
Chronic yeast infection – a disease that can be cured only by complex methods with the help of effective therapeutic drugs.
If you identify the yeast infection persists, apply the following medications:
- medications local effects: candles, tablets for vaginal use, cream candidiasis.
- systemic medications coming through the walls of the stomach and intestines into the bloodstream, which carries them throughout the body.
Means of local impact is less harmful to humans, but is effective only when a cluster of fungi in the vagina. In case of detection of foci of Candida in the internal organs of the local drugs will not be able to cope with the disease.
When it is a yeast infection every month prescribers in the form of capsules, tablets for oral administration. The medicine eliminates pockets of Candida in the internal organs. If used incorrectly it can cause intoxication. Therefore, to assign the drug can only be a doctor after thorough laboratory testing.
Types of medications
Impact on dairy fungi drugs are divided into drugs fungicidal and fungistatic effects. In the first case, the drug effectively kills the causative agent of candidiasis (usually for external use). The second prevents the reproduction and growth of fungi without destroying them.
If the patient ceases to apply fungistatic drugs by the apparent improvement, when the symptoms virtually disappear, the proliferation of fungi continues. Therefore, constant yeast infection requires long term treatment.
Causes of relapse
Causes of chronic yeast infection can be due to the presence of diseases that weaken the immune system of women and creating a fungi a suitable environment for reproduction:
- any chronic disease of the body that can be affected by pelvic organs;
- kidney and liver failure, chronic liver disease and kidneys;
- genital herpes, whose symptoms are very similar to the symptoms of thrush;
- disruption of endocrine system, hormone treatments and pregnancy, which causes hormonal changes in the body;
- reduced immunity in women, an infection in oral cavity: caries, periodontal disease;
- sex in antihigienica conditions;
- malnutrition, the prevalence in the diet of sweet food, sweet pastries.
In such cases it is necessary to treat in parallel the main and concomitant diseases in women.
Why the disease hard to be treated?
Systemic therapy includes simultaneous impact on internal and external foci of infection. Only in this way can cure a nasty disease. Answers to the question: «Why did the yeast infection come back?» — interested in many patients. They are obvious:
- Perhaps the treatment was carried out is not the cure, and fungi have become resistant to the effects of medications.
- Often in the vagina of women several pathogens of dangerous infections which cause the same symptoms.
- Carried out medication dosage less than that required – for lost time, and the disease has become chronic.
- Patients voluntarily terminates the course of treatment, if the disappeared signs of infection. Not fully cured the yeast infection comes back after some time.
- Often people confuse herpes with yeast infection, having with her the same symptoms. The only difference observed sick – no cheesy discharge.
- A disease in which there are no typical symptoms, easily becomes chronic.
To cure yeast infection in women is possible only in strict compliance with all prescriptions of the doctor using the full range of recommended drugs.
What to do if utterly tortured thrush? To go to the doctor for tests to determine why it appears, and what was the cause of the disease.
Drugs against of thrush
Systemic therapy allows for the use of drugs that destroy the cell wall of the fungus and preventing its reproduction (Amilon, Antifungal, Canesten, Clotrimazole, Livarol, Lomexin, Ovulum, gyno-Daktarin, Gynofort and others).
To start treatment alone is not worth it – first step is to accurately identify which microorganisms are «hosted» in the vagina. The symptoms are that caused the herpes, require a different treatment.
Destroy fungi thrush systemic medications that in addition to drug effect, have a toxic effect (Diflucan, Cyscan, Flucostat, Forkan, fluconazole, Nizoral, Amphotericin b). They should take with caution.
When there is thrush or herpes, should not delay visiting the doctor. The primary disease is treated much faster and more efficiently. You need to listen to the recommendations of the gynecologist and to do all the procedures for his order.