Ultrasound of the sinuses (eosinphilia): what shows and where to do it
It shows an ultrasound of the sinuses?
Ultrasound is a modern technique of visualization of the frontal and maxillary sinuses ENT. Among the instrumental schemes of diagnostics, eosinphilia (identical to the name of the US) takes pride of place, as an important informative technological approach.
The definition of infectious-inflammatory pathologies of the respiratory organ by means of ultrasonic waves — a safe procedure for pregnant women and children, because the opportunity to receive a radiation dose reduced to zero.
Aheinecke: what is it?
In the list of modern methodological approaches for optimization of the otolaryngological assistance are eosinphilia. Diagnostic method is based on the ability of soft tissues to pass an ultrasound scan.
The equipment of the apparatus Doppler console, allows you to assess the condition of ENT organs and tissues. The results of the study are converted on the computer screen a black and white image.
For reference! Alternative methods of echosonography are computed tomography and radiography. In the first case, the patient receives a significant radiation dose, the second method is characterized by a high price range.
Ultrasound of the sinuses does not apply to conventional diagnostic methods. The reason for the weak prevalence of echosonography lies in the possible distortion of the survey results.
Information is not always reliable, which is testimony to the re-conducting, respectively, the additional financial costs of the patient.
The lack of skills of medical staff in such studies and the availability of equipment, prevents the wide use of the tool of modern diagnostics in municipal health centres.
Nuance! Procedure ultrasound examination of the sinuses lasts 5-10 minutes.
Among the positive aspects of ultrasound of the maxillary sinuses can be described with the following benefits:
- the efficiency of obtaining diagnostic results;
- to determine the presence of concentrations of foreign bodies in the nasal cavity, which is impossible with other types of research;
- data is stored on the hard disk or printed out, which allows other professionals to become familiar with the clinical picture of the patient;
- the absence of pain, discomfort during manipulation;
- safety instrumented scheme that makes possible the regular use of ultrasonic waves in pathology in the maxillary sinuses;
- does not require special preparation of the patient.
The development of respiratory diseases in children common phenomenon, therefore, the safety of ultrasound of the sinuses the child has significant value.
Instrumental analysis of the frontal and maxillary sinuses ENT has no contraindications, does not cause side effects, is approved for patients of all ages.
It shows an ultrasound of the sinuses?
Ultrasonography of the paranasal sinuses involves sitting position of the patient. The study area is covered with a special gel, perpendicular to the sinus area of the sensor.
The study of the cavity at different angles, the doctor evaluates the following indicators:
- the thickness of the vascular walls;
- condition of the subcutaneous tissue;
- the parameters of the cartilage tissue;
- the presence and size of tumors;
- the quality of blood circulation.
If there is a need to determine the presence and boundaries are fluid, diagnosis is carried out in two positions: supine and prone.
For detail information, receive extensive detention is assigned in parallel with the ultrasound Doppler. Upon completion of the manipulation, the patient receives a conclusion on paper.
Important! Before performing a diagnosis it is recommended to remove dentures, if any.
To determine the exact cause of complaints of patients to nasal congestion, copious mucous discharge, swelling using ultrasound.
Based on these data, the physician adjusts therapeutic regimen, appoints remedial measures or adopts a decision on the successful outcome of the restoration.
The indications for ultrasonography include the following factors:
- deformation of the nasal septum;
- violation of mucosal integrity mechanical effects;
- foci of purulent inflammation of the inner lining of the nose;
- allergic pathology, accompanied by abundant secretion of mucus;
- inflammatory processes in ENT organs (sinusitis, sinusitis, rhinitis, labyrinthitis, sinusitis);
- prevention and treatment teeth;
- the ingress of foreign bodies;
- unreasonable nosebleeds;
- the appearance of painful tumors (lipomas, polyps), swelling in the tissues of the nasal sinuses;
- surgical intervention in the structure of ENT-organs.
Trust your health should be only qualified. If there are indications for echosonography, most likely, will have to go to a private clinic, because in the budget of medical institutions expensive equipment is extremely rare.
Before you decide where to do an ultrasound of the sinuses, read real patient testimonials on the clinic and the professionalism of the staff, ask for recommendations of a physician.
Echosonography is a relatively new instrumental method in medicine. Unlike radiography, it is absolutely safe method studies of the sinuses, however, despite the modern equipment, does not exclude the possibility of data errors. The feasibility of the procedure determined by an audiologist after studying the clinical picture.