Urine is not completely out of the bladder, what to do?
A feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder is a common problem that is often faced by both men and women. This phenomenon is normal and is not accompanied by significant discomfort because of the constant urge to empty the bladder from the liquid.
As a rule, in women, retention of urine inside the urinary bladder indicates the presence of serious urogenital diseases requiring immediate treatment.
The urge to urinate completely controlled by reflexes of the body. In normal condition the desire to visit the toilet arises from an adult in the accumulation of at least 200-300 ml in the bladder. However, inflammatory processes or diseases of pelvic organs this process can significantly be suppressed and the urge to void occurs even at the minimum volume of liquid.
Symptoms and causes incomplete emptying of the bladder
Identify pathology of the urogenital tract can be characteristic symptoms:
- After urination there is a feeling that the bladder is not completely free of urine.
- Just a few minutes after visiting the toilet man or woman re-experiencing the urge to urinate. So sick can’t to go far from the toilet, which greatly hinders do the usual daily chores.
- Emptying, Mocenigo bladder is accompanied by pain, burning sensation and discomfort. This is due to the stretching of the walls of the reservoir of urine and its increase in size due to the accumulation of a large volume of liquid.
Incomplete emptying of the bladder is rarely an independent disease. In most cases pathology is a secondary symptom indicating the development in the organism of another disease. There are many diseases that can be accompanied by a feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder:
- In women, this pathology in most cases is one of the main symptoms of cystitis or urethritis, occurring in acute or chronic form.
- The presence of stones in the kidneys or urinary tract.
- Tumors in the pelvic area, which can be both malignant and benign.
- Neurogenic bladder is often accompanied by the appearance of his feeling of incomplete emptying.
- If the feeling that the bladder is not completely emptied, worried man, this may indicate the development of prostatitis or BPH.
- The inability to completely empty the reservoir of urine in women can be a common symptom of genital herpes, severe postnatal complications of the inflammatory process in the vagina and vulva, infection is directly in the urinary tract.
- Atony, incontinence of urine, or hypotonia, that is, the reducing activity of the muscle wall of the urinary organ.
Incomplete emptying of the reservoir of the urine can be a symptom not only of pathologies of the pelvic organs, but also common diseases. For example, many diseases of the spinal cord are accompanied by inability to fully empty the bladder. These conditions include various mechanical injuries of the spine, sciatica, multiple sclerosis.
In some cases, the reasons for such a pathology can be attributed to the higher impulses of the brain. What does it mean? During urination, there is a complete emptying of the bladder, but the brain received impulses that he filled. Naturally, there is a mistaken urge to urinate. Most often excessive impulses occurs in the background of pyelonephritis, appendicitis, andexit, salpingoophoritis. In addition, incomplete excretion of urine may have a psychological — prolonged stress, nervous shock or postponed a state of shock.
To incomplete emptying of the bladder should not be treated casually, as this disease not only significantly reduces the quality of life, but can have dangerous consequences. In the residual urine actively breed bacteria and pathogens, causing the development of inflammatory processes and serious diseases of the pelvic organs.
Treatment of pathology
Incomplete emptying of the bladder body may have two forms — full and partial. Full form of disease is characterized by the inability of women or men to liberate urinary body fluid: the urge is there, and the fluid is not allocated, the patient feels cramps and sharp pain in the lower abdomen. Partial emptying is a minor drain urine. Fluid from the urinary tract stands out, but after a short time after urination a person is forced to go to the toilet.
To resolve the neurogenic bladder and restore its normal operation, it is necessary to establish the root cause of the disease. Without advice from an experienced specialist can not do. The doctor will examine the patient and prescribe a special laboratory tests. Only on the basis of the complete clinical picture can start treatment.
All therapeutic measures directed to elimination is not a pathology as such, but the reasons that led to its occurrence. Accordingly, if the inability to completely empty the bladder came on the background of infectious diseases to the man or woman is prescribed a course of antibacterial drugs, antibiotics, in the presence of stones in the urinary tract — medicines, whose action is aimed at removing stones.
If the causes of disease are psychological in nature, the patient is assigned a sedative and other drugs to normalize his psychological state. If the feeling from the bladder the urine leaves are not fully emerged from the woman in the background of certain gynecological diseases, the main medical efforts should be directed at eliminating root causes. In some cases, recommended the use of hormonal drugs that normalize the condition of the female genital organs.
In severe cases, when conservative treatment methods have not yielded the expected results, the patient is assigned to surgical intervention. Most often a prerequisite to surgical treatment are stones in the organs of the urogenital system, which is too big, and malignant or benign tumors in the pelvic area.
The patient can greatly alleviate their condition and independently, following a few simple rules:
- During urination, the need to relax and not to strain the muscles of the bladder and abdominal cavity. Tense bladder may not completely get rid of fluid.
- If a little pressure with your palm on the area of the bladder at the time of urination, it stimulates the reduction, contributing to more complete emptying.
- The sound of running water stimulates the excretion of urine. It means that during urination, the need to include water from the tap. So the bladder will be released much better.
- In some cases urination are becoming so severe that the patient simply does not have time to run to the toilet. You should not hesitate to tell the doctor — this will help the doctor more accurately diagnose the disease and prescribe adequate treatment.