Varicose veins labia: causes, symptoms and treatment of pathology
Varicose veins – an abnormal change of venous vessels. It is well known that this disease mainly affects the veins of the lower extremities. However, it is quite common also varicose veins of the labia, perineum and buttocks, diagnosticses mainly in pregnant women. This is an extremely unpleasant disease which causes serious mental and physical discomfort that impair quality of life of the expectant mother.
Veins of the external genitalia, the affected varicose veins are expanded, their clearance increases, and the tone of the vascular walls falling, formed aneurysmectomy extensions – «varices». This is not only a serious cosmetic defect, but also a very painful education.
The causes of pathology
The vast majority of cases of varicose veins of the perineum diagnosed in patients who bears a child. Pregnancy is a serious burden even for the healthy female body: changing body weight, sometimes very considerably, increased and redistributed the load on the musculoskeletal system, drastic hormonal changes. «The pregnancy hormone» progesterone causes a decrease in smooth muscle tone. This is important for the uterus that is stretched under pressure of the growing fetus, but also acts on the intestines and muscles elastic walls of blood vessels of the perineum.
The veins of the lower body and so has a hard time, because they have to carry blood to the heart, overcoming great distances and the unforgiving force of gravity. On the background of pregnancy, the load on the elastic walls of blood vessels more increases, the growing fetus puts pressure on the pelvic organs, violating their blood supply.
There are other factors that lead to the development of pathology:
- congenital and acquired abnormalities of the venous valves;
- low tone of the vascular walls;
- long stay in a standing position;
- a large abrupt load;
- violations of the hormonal balance in the female body of any etiology (for example, intake of hormonal medicines or contraceptives);
- burdened heredity on the maternal side.
Symptoms and diagnosis of disease
Varices of the labia appears highly characteristic symptoms that a woman may discover on your own:
- the labia increase in size;
- the veins, passing into them, swell and easily palpated;
- in the perineum there is a feeling of fullness, swelling, walking and other movements appear discomfort;
- the skin of the labia is irritated, concerned about severe itching;
- pathology is accompanied by pain that increases during sexual intercourse;
- a woman’s mind deteriorates, she becomes irritable, may experience fear.
If varicose lesion associated with pregnancy, you can expect a disappearance of symptoms within a week after birth.
Having had signs of varicose veins of the perineum, the woman must appeal to phlebologist, specialist in diseases of the veins. For further diagnosis can be performed ultrasound examination of the veins of the pelvis or duplex scanning. We conducted a General analysis of blood of the patient, prepared detailed coagulation. After that, the doctor prescribes treatment.
Treatment and prevention
Pathology varicose labia pregnancy, is wont to take on their own after delivery, however, you can affect the speed of its recovery. Protivolakozna therapy conservative:
- sclerotherapy is the injection of active substances directly into the affected vein;
- drugs that increase the tone of venous walls (for example, ointments containing heparin, Ginkgo biloba extract, troxerutin);
- the use of gauze dressings that contribute to the compression of varicose veins surrounding muscles to maintain their tone;
- gymnastic exercises, tailor-made for each patient;
- therapeutic diet fried and smoked food, fatty, salty;
- the weight control.
In some cases, requires surgical removal of varicose veins (phlebectomy) or their coagulation with laser or high frequency current. There are methods of phlebosclerosing (labiaplasty, microthermocouples) narrowing of the affected vein and push stagnant blood, preventing the formation of blood clots.
If the varicose veins not caused by congenital diseases, can be prevented. To veins remained healthy, they should be strengthened while reducing unnecessary burden. Prevention is simple, particularly their pregnant women who are at risk.
- Shoes high heel undoubtedly showy, however helps distributed incorrectly and too strong the load of the legs. Veins do not do their function.
- Sufficient (and proper) exercise trains the vessel walls, strengthens them. It is recommended that swimming and regular walking.
- Perfectly supports venous tone contrast shower.
- Monitoring your weight is also very important to prevent varicose veins.
- Women (especially pregnant women) should avoid constipation, to write a competent diet. Disorders of defecation – one of the main reasons varicose veins lesion of the labia and perineum.
- Observance of personal hygiene.
- Waiver uncomfortable synthetic linen with either rubber bands.
Compliance with these measures also helps to accelerate the healing process.
Varicose veins by itself, delivers to the woman a lot of problems, but it can also cause serious complications. The affected vein is weakened, the probability of their rupture, especially during labor, when the pressure of blood in these vessels increased. In severe varicose veins labia pregnant women are recommended a cesarean section to avoid complications. In addition, a woman can give birth in a compression garment for reducing pressure in the blood vessels of the pelvis and external genitals.
Varicose pathology of the labia respond well to treatment, important not to run disease, and in time to see a doctor.