Vasodilator nose drops for kids and adults
What are vasodilator nose drops?
The first line of protection when swelling of soft tissues, congestion of the paranasal sinuses is presented vasodilating drugs to the nose. Decongestants used in the therapy of acute rhinitis different etiologies for respiratory pathologies, preparation for studies of internal structure of upper body.
The drugs market is showing a variety of nasal drops for adults and children. The choice of medication requires a doctor’s participation, as a medicinal product has limitations and side effects.
Classification vasodilator drops
For the relief of symptoms of the symptoms and normalization of the breathing process, use of vasoconstrictor medications.
Depending on the major constituent and its mechanism of action nasal preparations differencebut into several groups:
- drops fenilafrinom. Characterized by soft and long-lasting therapeutic effect up to 6 hours. Have a sparing effect on the inner lining of the nose. Used mainly in Pediatrics, in the period of gestation and breastfeeding. Among such medications – «Nasales», «Natalbany», in combination with other components of pharmacodynamics – «Polideksa», «Adrenal»;
- funds indanazolina. Show identical activity with the previous species. They are characterized by a more aggressive and pronounced effect. As an example – «Farial»;
- nasal products are not effective. The efficacy of the medicinal fluid is limited to 4-6 hours. A list of the «Nazivin», «Naphazoline»,».», «not effective»;
- sprays and drops tetrizolina. Their individualization is identical with naftalinovogo group. The first line of protection forms a «visine», «Glycine», «Octile»;
- preparations on the basis of Xylometazoline. Vasodilator effect lasts up to 8 hours. Frequent irrigation of pneumatic sinuses is thinning of the epithelium, dryness of the mucosa. The active component is represented in the «Rhinoscope», «Otrivin», «Ksimelin», «Galazolin», «Farmazolin», «Grippostad», «Rinonorm»;
- sympathomimetic with Oxymetazoline. Despite the duration of action (up to 10 hours) have a sparing action in respect of the ciliated epithelium of the nasal cavity. At a congestion of upper body will be effective «Immediately», «Afrin», «Effect», «good», «I», «LUKOIL».
Important! When haphazard application manifest unpleasant consequences in the form of development of tahiphylacsii (addiction medicine), thinning of the mucosa, localization of dry crusts, and disorders of the CNS.
The effect is similar to the composition of the droplets may vary. This explains the fact that the drugs one of the groups of active substances are contained in different concentrations.
Therefore, before you use the drops in the nose expand blood vessels it is advisable to consult a qualified expert to read the instructions for use, side effects.
Popular vasodilator nose drops for adults
Decongestants if used improperly constitute a threat to the health of the patient. Failure to comply with the dosage and course of treatment dangerous temporary reduction of visual acuity, loss of smell, dizziness, pain in the neck and nape.
For reference! The defeat of the upper respiratory tract occurs on the background of immunosuppression of the body and hypothermia.
Effective in restoring ventilation of the nasal sinuses, drying of the mucous and relieve swelling proved the following pharmaceutical products:
- «Naphazoline.» Antikongestanty for intranasal use local action. Stimulates alpha-adrenergic receptors of peripheral vessels. Therapeutic effect is manifested by hyperemia, restoration of blood microcirculation, decrease of exudation and edema, normalization of the natural breathing through the nose. Prescribed for inflammation of the paranasal sinuses of different etiology of the pathogen, acute rhinitis, the pathological changes in the projection of the middle ear. Recommended to limit contact with the drug, patients with high blood pressure, heart palpitations, with hypersensitivity of the organism to individual components;
- «Otrivin». Alpha-agonists, has the ability to modify the capillary mesh of the nasal cavity in symptomatic congestion, colds, acute allergic and vasomotor rhinitis. As an auxiliary means are used to eliminate swelling of the Eustachian tube, and nasopharynx. The selection in the composition of moisturizing ingredients to prevent dryness of the epithelium, provides the elimination of the irritation. Not involved in the systemic circulation, since absorbed into the plasma in a minimum volume. Contraindicated in pregnancy at different gestational ages, children under the age of six;
- «Xylometazoline». The pharmacodynamics close to not effective. Realized in the form of nasal drops or spray. Designate product in acute inflammation of the soft tissues of the respiratory tract, sinusitis, otitis media, allergic rhinitis, pollinosis before and after surgery. Cases of overdose or individual intolerance to the components of manifest intoxication, irritation, feeling of dryness and burning sensation of the paranasal sinuses, edema of soft tissues, increased blood pressure, headaches;
Nuance! Taking «Xylometazoline» MAOIs, third generation antidepressants increases the risk of hypertension.
- Vibrocil. Sympathomimetic combined with the content fenilafrina. In combination with dimetindene exhibits antihistamine activity. Contributes to the reduction of pathological exudation, improve function ciliated epithelium. Allowed in acute and chronic form of rhinitis of any origin, sinusitis and polyinosine. For the relief of post-traumatic consequences, removal of crust and prevention of nasal congestion use Vibrocil in the form of a gel. Effective at low doses, the active components are not correlated with inorganic substances in liquid sectors;
- «Glycine». The main component of PROIZVODITELYA, used as vasoconstrictor drugs in eye drops and nasal sprays. When the local application of the drug provokes vazokonstricciu epithelium of the nasal cavity, resulting in a decrease in mucosal edema, reduce the signs of rinorei, restoration of drainage of the paranasal sinuses. Prescribed as a symptomatic treatment for infectious bacterial, viral and allergic rhinitis, in the treatment of pharyngitis, sinusitis, respiratory catarrh, to reduce secretions prior to diagnostic manipulations;
- «Sanorin». The active ingredient naphazoline nitrate contributes to the opening of the pneumatic channels of the paranasal sinuses, Eustachian tube, and improves the outflow of secretions, restores the breathing process. Used for inflammation of the nasal mucosa, conjunctivitis, before inspection of the nasal passages. Contraindicated in patients with hypertension, tachycardia and atherosclerosis.
Pharmaceutical a number of decongestants are represented by the products of complex composition. A Prime example of «Rinofluimutsil». It exhibits vasodilator activity and mucolytic medication, and «Betadrin» is used as an antiallergic and antiseptic.
List vasodilating nose drops for kids
Nasal congestion particularly dangerous for infants, who because of age can’t breathe through the mouth. When the pathological changes, impaired transport of oxygen to the brain, a headache, a feeling of dryness and burning in the nose, loss of appetite.
Tip! To improve the absorption of the drugs nasal passages clear with saline or «Akvamaris», «Humer», «Marineros».
Relief of these symptoms require appointment of sympathomimetics. For treatment it is necessary to use nasal drops for children, in compliance with the dosage and course of therapy.
Products recommended by pediatricians
«Natalbany». The active ingredient is represented by fenilafrina hydrochloride, which eliminates congestion in the pneumatic cavities, relieves swelling and inflammation, nasal breathing easier. The presence of glycerin nourishes soft tissue with moisture, preventing the localization of crusts.
The therapeutic effect occurs within 5 minutes after drug administration, persists up to 6 hours. Mainly for the relief of symptoms of ENT diseases enough for 3-5 days of use. Allowed children in the first year of life, beginning at two months of age.
«Nasales». The composition, mechanism of interaction with cells and tissues is identical to the previous analog. Drops for intranasal administration characterized by local manifestation, do not participate in the systemic circulation. Assign children older than 2 years under the supervision of adults in acute rhinitis, sinusitis, colds and allergic diseases.
«Pinosol.» A product of plant origin having anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial effect, accelerates epithelialization, increases the cumulative effect on the granulation tissue.
In acute and chronic phase lesions of the respiratory tract used for intranasal administration and inhalation. The risk group includes patients with increased susceptibility to individual components, and allergic rhinitis. Permitted to children from the third year of life.
The lack of improvement after three days of use points to the possibility of anatomical disorders of bone and cartilaginous structure of the upper body, the development of resistant bacterial infections, allergic nature of the lesion.
Pathological changes of the upper airway require consultation by specialists.
The problem of nasal congestion and edema of the soft tissues is solved by an integrated method, in which vasodilator drugs. Prescribed doses, and of course use eye drops contribute to a speedy recovery.