Vasomotor rhinitis: treatment preparations, nose drops and spray
What medication used vasomotor rhinitis?
Treatment vasomotor rhinitis drugs is an inevitable process for the recovery of respiratory, protective and olfactory function of the nose. In addition to the function recovery therapy drugs intended to prevent the development of pathological and chronic diseases, as well as eliminate the possibility of surgical intervention.
A result of a violation of the natural functioning of the process of vascular tone regulation of the nose – is the development of vasomotor rhinitis or a «false cold». This process negates the effect of conditionally pathogenic microflora, the presence of the characteristics inherent to the inflammatory process in the mucosa.
The study «false cold» biological and medical Sciences have shown that neuro neuroses are the main catalysts of the disease. If more delve into the pathogenesis and etiology of the disease, it can be concluded that systemic pathological conditions in the body are trigger mechanisms of the development of vasomotor rhinitis.
Among provoking factors it is necessary to highlight bad habits, harmful production conditions.
There are two forms of the disease – allergic and neurovegetative. The origin of neurovegetative form can cause bony ridges, spikes, polyps, allergic Genesis forms are endo — and actuallity. Allergic disease may be accompanied by inflammatory processes.
Depending on the etiology of the disease, sintomitina may be different. General features:
- sudden bouts of nasal congestion intermittent (intermediate) character throughout the day;
- constant congestion during a night’s sleep, with alternate restore breathing in one nostril (depending on patient positioning);
- the allocation miconazole mucus watery consistency.
- pressing sensation in the depths of nasal passages, headache.
Important! The consequence of the prolonged course of neurovegetative form of rhinitis can be the development of hypertrophic rhinitis.
For the diagnosis of the disease need advice not just otolaryngologist, and neurologist. The total assessment of the patient’s condition (presence of chronic diseases, linking to bad habits, conditions of employment), identification of neurotic disorders allows to make a correct medical report.
Treatment vasomotor rhinitis drugs
Each form of vasomotor rhinitis involves a complex medical exposure with mandatory use of local and oral pharmaceutical products, the effect of which is aimed at addressing the symptoms.
Conservative medicine is ineffective in abnormal development of the nasal septum when the drug use there is a need for surgical intervention.
Cure vasomotor rhinitis allergic and neurovegetative form have a similar purpose – the relief of the patient’s condition, the restoration of local immunodeficiency.
The only difference in a therapeutic treatment regimen «false cold» neurovegetative form is the presence of sedative drugs that promote removal of psychological stress.
Important! To prescribe drugs should physician based on the age and individual peculiarities of the patient. Taking certain groups of drugs may trigger hypertension, migraines, increase risk of stroke (for the age category over 50 years).
Local drug products
The use of local medications in any dosage form allows to influence locally on the nasal mucosa, do not participate in absorption process.
In most cases, local treatment of greater significance is given to the sprays from vasomotor rhinitis, which is due to a more pronounced therapeutic effect (due to the spraying of the medicinal substance is captured over 95% of the nasal mucosa).
Positive dynamics of treatment is achieved by incorporating a therapeutic regimen:
- preparations containing hypertonic or isotonic sterile solution of sea water («Phrase», «Akvamaris», «Humer»). The effect of these funds is intended for moisturizing, reducing swelling and hyperemia of the mucosa, reducing susceptibility to microorganisms and allergic agents. Saline solutions do not contribute to the addictive, have no contraindications and side effects, can be used long course;
- of decongestants, which is aimed at eliminating congestion, reducing uconazole production of mucus, swelling of the mucosa. The therapeutic effect occurs within minutes after administration and lasts for 6-8 hours (depending on the active substance). Pharmacological a number of «Ksimelin», «Vibrocil», «Xylinum», «Rhinoscope» (active ingredient Xylometazoline), «.», «Naphazoline» (based on nafazolina). Among the members of the group Oxymetazoline – «Nazivin», «Nazol». The daily rate and duration of treatment determined by the treating physician depending on the clinical picture. The average course of treatment no more than 5-7 days;
- antiallergic sprays («Allergodil», «Levocabastine», «Euphorbium»), suppress the production of free histamine, thereby reducing the manifestation of allergic reactions sneezing, itchy sensations, eliminates swelling of the mucous membrane, restores the drainage function of the nose. The main components of the drugs are not absorbed into the bloodstream, means differ the prolonged effect. Use no more than two times a day, 1-2 dose;
- nasal corticosteroid medications in combination with antihistamines show a rapid therapeutic effect. A more pronounced effect of the different «Flixonase», «almost four years», «Nasonex». Steroid drugs products in most cases are used for the treatment of vasomotor rhinitis is clinically severe cases. These funds help reduce allergic reactions, improve the condition of the nasal mucosa due to protivootecna, antiexudative and protivoallergicheskoe action. Have a cumulative effect (the effect of the drug can be noticed within 3-4 days use). The daily rate shall not exceed two-fold application of 2 doses of the drug in each nasal passage.
Nose drops with vasomotor rhinitis is prescribed in rare cases. Specialists give preference to sprays due to the accurate matching of doses recommended, which eliminates the possibility of overdose and side effects.
For reference! To normalize local blood circulation, strengthen capillary vessels and decrease of their sizes can be used injection method of injection of hydrocortisone and procaine in mucous membranes of the nose.
Tools for oral use
Depending on the shape, the severity of the disease are prescribed medicines will help to strengthen blood vessels, improve blood circulation in the last («Glivenol», «Aescusan»).
Oral ingestion of antihistamines first-generation can be included in the therapeutic regimen due to a sedative action that gives positive dynamics of the disease in neurovegetative form («Help», «Suprastin», «Tavegil»).
The intake of these drugs requires strict adherence to the physician, since the excess of average therapeutic doses may provoke agitation. The purpose of the medication in the required amount is determined by taking into account the clinical picture of the disease.
Symptoms of vasomotor rhinitis the majority of patients may not attach value. Ignoring the symptoms of vasomotor rhinitis – a direct path to the manifestation of complications (fibrosis of the mucosa, appearance of polyps, sinusitis, etc.).
Timely treatment allows to restore the natural functioning of the mucosa, avoiding surgical interventions and chronic illness.