Warming ointments for children cough years and adults
Warming ointments for children with cough
According to medical statistics, 90.5% of the adult and child population Russia faced with acute respiratory infections of different etiology. One of the clinical manifestations of the disease is a cough reflex, requiring a conservative, comprehensive treatment.
Targeted effect on the bronchial secretion have a warming ointment for cough in adults and children whose main advantage is the virtual absence of contraindications and minimal side effects.
When justified by the use of ointments?
Wrong to treat the cough reflex as an independent disease. It’s a defense mechanism, contributing to the restoration of the airway.
Rehabilitation of the respiratory tract depends on the effective functioning of the mucociliary transport, which is affected by the rheology of pathological secret. To help improve the quality of sputum and the efficiency of the cough reflex are possible using not only drugs in the form of syrups and tablets, but also ointments.
During the inflammatory process in the bronchial contents occurs for a substantial violation of the content of interferons, muramidase, lactoferrin – antibacterial, antiviral, and immunomodulatory agents that contribute to the development of inflammation.
It is therefore important when using pharmacological agents to reduce the adhesion of sputum and facilitate its liquefaction. These actions are especially important in the therapy of cough in children of small age, because it complicates expectoration of pathological secret weak activity of the cilia of the ciliated epithelium and the lack of contraction of the bronchioles.
In most cases early in the disease patients are faced with non-productive (dry) cough. A warming ointment for cough supports the migration of the cough reflex from unproductive to productive (wet).
The mechanism of action of ointments is comparable with poultices and mustard plasters. Annoying biological receptors of the substance of the ointment stimulate the flow of arterial blood to the bronchi and trachea, resulting in the resumption of the production of anti-inflammatory agents, liquefaction and smooth expectoration.
Important! Practical position of pediatricians indicate that the most common complications of SARS are sinusitis, pneumonia, otitis media, laryngotracheitis. Therefore, it is important not to self-medicate and when the first manifestations, to seek medical help.
Soft formulations of drugs for children 1 year
Warming ointments for children cough on reaching 12 months of age should be used at the first sign of the disease in the absence of high temperature. If the child’s condition is exacerbated by fever, warming procedures should be used within 4-5 days, when the normalized temperature.
When rashes on the skin, disruption of the functioning of the liver and kidneys are forbidden to use drugs in the form of ointments.
Key representatives ointments permitted for use from 1 year, is:
- Infant ointment cough «Turpentine» — the plant-based medicine. Consists of turpentine and oil obtained from pine trees (turpentine). The therapeutically effect is in otharkivajushchim and mukoliticeski action, due to the dilution of specific cough centres and strengthening of blood microcirculation. Approved for use children with two years. Upon contact with the skin causes burning sensation and tingling that is not a reason for treatment cessation. To avoid chemical burns and allergic reactions of the skin frequency of application and duration of use is individual. During the first few treatments, the ointment must be mixed with chamomile in equal proportions.
- «Dr. mom» — multi-component, combination drug. The main active ingredients – thymol, camphor, oil of eucalyptus, turpentine, nutmeg, levomenthol. The ointment acts as an antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, analgesic agent. It is prohibited to include in the therapeutic regimen for children up to three years. According to the instructions, the number of daily procedures – not more than 2-3 times. The ointment can also be used as a symptomatic treatment of rhinitis.
- The cough balsam «weeks Asset». Active ingredients – camphor, menthol, eucalyptus and turpentine oil, and thus a pronounced antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effect. Administered to children from 2 years when the cough reflex, nasal congestion and rhinitis. To prevent bronchospasm banned for use in whooping cough, false croup, asthma.
- Ointment on the basis of badger fat «Nests», promotes active blood circulation at the site of application, increasing metabolism. Approved for use to achieve the age of three, but in practice is appointed by pediatricians and young children. Effective with reduced immunity. Tools with similar action – bear («Bear»), goose fat.
All of the soft drugs in dosage form require prior conduct skin tests for an allergic reaction. If after 20 minutes after application on the skin avoid redness and the child’s behavior has not changed, you can proceed to therapeutic procedures.
General contraindications to the use is the body’s hypersensitivity to the components of medicament.
For reference! In children, hypertrophy of the lingual/palatal tonsils, and adenoiditis is also accompanied by cough. If we consider the key symptoms of rhinosinusitis – the cough reflex is second, after the common cold.
List of ointment for children under one year
Rubbing warming ointments has age restrictions, and can only be assigned at six months of age after consulting a pediatrician. Before treatment, you need to ensure about the absence of a child allergic to the active components of the drug.
Ointment cough for infants is represented by:
- Balm «on the Other,» which can be used as an external tool for grinding and emulsion for steam inhalation treatments. The effect of the drug is aimed at suppressing the proliferative phase of the inflammatory process, thinning mucus and facilitate its excretion from the lungs. Especially effective for spasmodic cough reflex, bronchitis, tracheitis, laryngitis, pharyngitis. Among contraindications – heart failure, hypertension, infectious diseases. The severity of the patient’s condition and etiology of the disease determine daily rate of use. As a treatment for babies can be added to the water when swimming: for 20 liters of water to dissolve the ointment strip of 5-10 cm at a temperature range of the liquid 37 degrees. Take a bath no more than 10 minutes, to ensure that water does not get into the eyes or on mucous membranes.
- Cream for cough for children «Pulmex Baby». Combined tool with oils of rosemary, leaves of eucalyptus and Peruvian balsam with a pronounced antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and expectorant effect. Used in the treatment of children with 6 months in the absence of history of epilepsy, skin injury and Allergy. Daily rate: children from 6 months – twice a day, for older children – three times, slight rubbing to absorption.
Important! The effectiveness of the ointments and the lack of adverse events depends on the correct use of the drug. Do not apply ointment on the chest, on the outer part of the breast and the space between the blades. Movement should be light, without reinforced rubbing. The direction – clockwise or up and down.
External resources for adult population
The pharmacological market offers a wide variety of external tools for grinding adults. The best option for the treatment of cough selects the treating physician.
Ointments often included in the therapeutic regimen in adults is presented:
- On the basis of propolis. Due to the content of uzer of pinocembrin and flavonoids respiratory diseases amenable to rapid treatment. It has a mild warming effect, anti-inflammatory effect. The application requires compliance with the precautionary measures, as bee glue is a powerful antigen that triggers the development of allergic reactions.
- «Vishnevsky». Pharmacological effect is anti-inflammatory, bactericidal effect. Also liniment enhances the activity of immune cells at the local level, regeneration of tissues. The warming effect is missing. Contain xeroform, castor oil, tar, therefore, patients with individual intolerance to the components above, you should find an alternative means of therapy. Wet the gauze with medicine and apply on the chest.
- Balm «Asterisk». Multicomponent plant-based medicine can be used as rubbing and inhalation. Helps to stimulate blood circulation, providing local warming, preventing the development of pathological microorganisms, inhibiting the inflammatory process. Not used in the treatment of bronchial asthma. Allowed inhalation application method: to 1 liter water, brought to a boil – 1 C. balm. Inhale the vapors for 5-7 min., with closed eyes.
Ointment for external use can’t be an independent method of treatment the cough reflex. To provide a comprehensive therapy necessary to determine the etiology of the cough that the competence of the attending specialist. The doctor based on history will be able to adjust treatment to achieve the positive dynamics of the disease, eliminating the likelihood of adverse events.