What kind of doctor treats sinusitis: to what doctor to address
To what doctor to address with sinusitis?
Rhinitis (runny nose) is one of the most common diseases among the population. Often, people are noticing the first signs of the disease, accompanied by General weakness and loss of efficiency, do not pay proper attention. However it is incorrect to think that the common cold has serious consequences for human health. To serious complications of a respiratory infection include sinusitis.
In case of detection of symptoms of sinusitis, you should consult a doctor. It is preferable to go to an appointment to the audiologist (Laura) for the purpose of examination and treatment. No need to carry out the cure at home without the help of a doctor. The consequences can be irreversible. For this reason, the contact must be timely.
The risk of sinusitis – fact or fiction?
Sinusitis is an inflammation of the maxillary sinuses. The disease is insidious, because at first the symptoms the doctor can’t always determine what kind of disease develops in the human subject.
The inflammatory process in the sinus occurs near the brain. The chronic form of the disease can cause meningitis. For this reason, go with sinusitis a doctor should be on time and immediately begin treatment.
The risk of sinusitis is also expressed by the fact that his appearance can cause not only cold, but other reasons:
- the characteristics of the structure of the nasal cavity;
- inflammation of the teeth and infection of odontogenic infections;
- allergic reactions and, as a result, swelling and rhinitis;
- penetration of infection into the sinus of the nose trauma.
See also, whether from sinusitis to die.
When to see a doctor?
It is important to understand how to distinguish sinusitis from the common cold and when urgently need to see a specialist. The most obvious symptoms of the disease:
- nose is stuffed up, the feeling of heaviness and pain in the area of inflammation (these feelings are exacerbated when the body is tilted forward and pressing on the area of the sinuses);
- nasal congestion and mucus of a purulent character;
- sharp pain on face near nose in the early stages of the disease, if the outflow of pus from the nose is impossible because of the swelling of the sinuses;
- increased body temperature of the patient in the acute period of the disease, and subsequently it stabiliziruemost or is slightly increased;
- lethargy and weakness in body, headache, disturbed sleep due to difficulty breathing.
Having had the above symptoms, one should contact a health facility together a more complete picture of the disease. In the hospital, the patient will write down on reception to LOR-to the doctor who deals with treatment of diseases of the nose, ear and throat.
How is the reception at Laura?
Diagnosis of the disease at a reception at the Lora as follows:
- Initially, the audiologist will know the complaint of the patient. Preferably before taking to recall, when the unpleasant symptoms of the disease.
- Then the ENT will examine the lining of the nose and fingers to put pressure on the sinuses (acute inflammatory process palpation in this area is very painful).
- To confirm the diagnosis, the doctor prescribes an x-ray examination of the maxillary sinuses. The radiography will show if there is fluid in the sinuses. In the sinus area filled with purulent fluid will be darkened. However, the radiograph will not show the presence of the maxillary sinuses polyps or cysts. With the aim of detecting them using other methods.
- Computed tomography (CT) is appointed by the doctor in chronic disease or when the standard treatment does not give results. The result of CT will allow to study in detail the structure of the walls of the sinuses in all projections.
- In severe condition of the patient (cessation of drainage of pus, severe pain, high body temperature, feeling unwell) the doctor assigns procedure puncture (puncture) of the sinuses. This manipulation takes a little time. Puncture doctor syringe pumps pus formation of the maxillary sinuses. Further, the cavities are washed with antibiotics.
Qualified individual approach to the treatment of each case of disease, analyzing patient complaints, and diagnostic results.
What kind of doctor treats sinusitis except Laura?
Sinusitis is a complex disease whose treatment should take place under the supervision of a specialist. However, in some clinics the doctor may be absent. In this case the patient can seek the advice of a physician.
Sinusitis without complications can be cured quite competent therapist. To a specialist (Laura) the doctor will guide the appearance of the negative effects of illness or chronic stages of sinusitis.
The reception at the dentist will be required if you experience sinusitis due to pathological processes in the oral cavity. The extreme roots of the upper teeth are near the maxillary sinuses. When infection of these teeth, the infection can spread to the nasal area.
Treatment of sinusitis
To treat the disease is from a qualified specialist. Complex therapy will depend on the profile of the doctor.
The therapist typically assigns conservative treatment:
- antipyretics and bed rest (at high temperature);
- decongestants (reduce swelling in the nose and facilitate breathing);
- nasal lavage solutions of sodium chloride (for cleaning the channels in the nose of mucus);
- antibiotics (effects on site of infection).
See also how to accelerate the healing process through acupressure.
The otolaryngologist will prescribe the patient physiotherapy to stimulate local blood circulation, thanks to which is the best outflow of purulent fluid from the sinuses.
Wide application was gained such methods of physiotherapy, such as:
- UHF (ultrasonic frequency);
- UVR (ultraviolet irradiation);
- the influence of the magnetic field;
- ultrasonic therapy.
These procedures will ease the pain and improve the General condition of the patient. Therefore, when the first symptoms of sinusitis, you need to enlist the help of a physician for diagnosis and treatment of the disease. The patient needs to get on reception to Loru, in the absence of the doctor-the otolaryngologist in the polyclinic to the therapist. In some cases, you may need to consult a dentist.
Now that you know to what doctor to address with sinusitis, it is important to note that this should be done as early as possible. Timely medical intervention will help to avoid transfer of disease into the chronic stage, and many unpleasant consequences. The list of complications of sinusitis is quite extensive and includes such dangerous diseases as meningoencephalitis and sepsis of the blood. Therefore, in no case do not tighten with a visit to a specialist!