Why it gets up your nose and what to do to not itch
What to do if it gets up your nose?
Itchy sensation in the nasal cavity cause discomfort not only physiological in nature. Being among people is quite inconvenient to constantly scratch his nose. To cope with this problem, you need to find out the origin of unpleasant manifestations.
This can be done at the General clinical picture of the human condition and related symptoms.
The factors determining why it gets up your nose, associated with the state change of the mucosa of the nasopharynx. Itching appears when getting into the nasal cavity of irritants of various etiologies. Such tickling, often is the first sign of incipient rhinitis (runny nose).
Rhinitis is a group of inflammatory diseases that affects the lining of the nasal cavity, causing swelling, a feeling of unpleasant tickling. Symptoms almost all types of this disease are similar, the reasons may be different. They provoke a feeling of itching in the nose. The most common are rhinitis allergic nature and cold-viral origin.
The development of the disease due to the contact of the nasal mucosa with antigens that cause an allergic reaction. Sensitization (increased sensitivity) is an individual property, which is manifested in the interaction of the organism with an allergen that causes a reaction. In the case of allergic rhinitis manifestations are the following:
- burning and itching of the nose (inside and outside);
- swelling of mucous membrane;
- the discharge from the sinuses;
- shortness of breath;
- weak sense of smell;
- tearing and redness of the sclera of the eye.
Tickling in the nose and provoke sneezing airborne, that is contained in the air and enter the body through inhalation. Cause sensitization allergens are divided into three main groups:
- household. This group includes: house dust, and contained saprophytes, microscopic (dust mites), library dust, wool, saliva and feces of Pets, household fungus (mold), house plants. Also, it can be the tastes and smells of food, the household chemical goods, perfumery and cosmetics, cigarette smoke;
- medicinal. Reaction occurs due to the use of medication;
- external. Antigens of this group – the pollen of plants, the products of the distillation of crude oil (diesel, gasoline, and other chemical compounds).
Runny nose: colds (infectious) viral
The occurrence of rhinitis is associated with penetration into the respiratory system viruses and infections due to weak immunity. The symptoms of allergic rhinitis added fever, dry throat, headache, nasal discharge (in the early days – watery, in a subsequent period, mucous membranes).
The acute form of the disease may provoke the development of sinusitis, otitis, rhinosinusitis and other diseases of ENT-organs.
Rhinitis in chronic form, is classified into several types, depending on the severity of the disease, the vastness of the affected area, and changes occurred in the nasopharynx.
Important. For the correct diagnosis of should consult a otolaryngologist, examined and, if necessary, tests. In the case of suspected allergic rhinitis, pass Allergy tests for specific antibodies for identification of antigen.
Methods of treatment
First and foremost, you need to do if it gets up your nose is to go to the doctor. When the cause of discomfort in the nasal cavity is identified, remove it with the help of drugs, traditional medicine, physical therapy methods.
In the case of allergic rhinitis variant, it may be necessary to revisit food habits, change of household living conditions and work.
Treatment of allergic rhinitis
The complex of measures for the treatment of nasal allergies involves several steps:
- the identification of the causes (direct antigen);
- the elimination of the antigen, or the maximum limit contact with him. In reaction to the household type of allergen, you need to get rid of carpets, cotton and feather bedding regularly to treat the housing with special solutions that kill saprophytes. Bring home mold and yeast fungus. Exclude from the diet foods that increase sensitization. To use funds for body care on natural basis. Use only hypoallergenic products for at-home services;
- apply antihistamine medications prescribed by a doctor. There are tableted pharmaceuticals to combat disease from the inside, and nasal antihistamine spray that cropped allelopathy. The first group includes drugs such as claritin, Zyrtec, Suprastin, Tavegil, Zodak, Erius.
To drink products should be only on doctor’s recommendation, and in the correct dosage. All drugs have a number of contraindications, so as not to hurt the body, increase the dose by yourself is prohibited. To get rid of a cold and tickling in the nose are appointed by sprays and drops flick, Nasonex, Flixonase and others.
Important. Allergic rhinitis is dangerous to its complication. In most cases it is a chronic disease of the respiratory system – bronchial asthma.
Treatment of infectious viral rhinitis
Since the disease occurs as one of the symptoms of SARS, influenza, etc., appointed by the common antiviral drugs, drugs for immune system support, anti-inflammatory drugs.
Common medicines are the flu, Parvex, Animax and similar powdery mixture. The use of vitamin complexes and dietary Supplements must be agreed with the doctor.
Drops and sprays, anti-inflammatory, are assigned depending on the form of rhinitis (catarrhal, vasomotor, atrophic) and the form of the disease (acute or chronic).
Most often in the first week of the disease used drugs with vasoconstrictor effect to unlock the inherent sinus. Frequently used tools: Nazol, Reno brown, Ringstop, Nazivin and others.
To enhance the effect, before drip medication nasal sinus wash to remove the mucus. You can use a solution of sea salt, a decoction of chamomile or other antiseptic herbs. Sold in pharmacies special drug «Dolphin», which helps to carry out the procedure as comfortable as possible.
After the application of vasoconstrictive drops dosage, it is advisable to support the treatment of 2% solution of Protargol.
In severe rhinitis, the doctor prescribes antibiotics of local action, for example, Bioparox.
Long use of means of narrowing the vessels is not allowed. First, they are addictive, and secondly can destabilize blood pressure. If the treatment does not bring relief, it is not recommended to experiment with drugs, you need to seek the advice of a otolaryngologist.
If itching in the nasal cavity, it is necessary to consult a specialist. Nasal medicines cannot be used uncontrollably. This could have negative consequences for health.