Why swollen tonsils and what it can be disease
What swollen tonsils?
Tonsils – lymphoid tissue located in the oral cavity. The value on human health is high enough. In addition to direct involvement in the maintenance of the immune system, the tonsils protect the body from inhaled pathogens. It is worth noting that the tonsils and the tonsils are one and the same body. The first term is used in the nation, second in medical practice.
It is on the tonsils, in the first place, we have the fight against infection, since it is the most affordable of the lymph nodes. Swelling body is often accompanied by pain when swallowing. To understand how to cope with illness, you need to understand why swollen tonsils.
The factors triggering tumor gland
Sore throat can be caused by various reasons, including cancer of the tonsils.
Inflammation presents body gives man not only discomfort but also pain wearing intensive.
The swelling gland may occur with the development of the following diseases:
- sore throat;
- chronic tonsillitis;
- peritonsillar abscess;
- chronic pharyngitis.
Below we will examine them in more detail.
Angina is an acute form of the disease, which is caused by infectious bacteria. The appearance of the disease provoke bactericidal and fungal organisms. It can attack the tonsils, thereby causing:
- General malaise;
- increasing the temperature of the human body;
- bone and muscle aches.
Basically, presented the disease occurs as a result of hypothermia, fatigue, nervous exhaustion, with a small consumption of vitamins, as well as weakened immunity.
Chronic tonsillitis is an infectious disease in which swollen glands, and swallowing becomes a painful process. Harmful microorganisms and pathogens provoke swelling of the tonsils, thus, the body ceases to perform its protective functions.
If not timely treatment, the lymphoid tissue is rapidly affected, causing the occurrence of severe diseases (measles, diphtheria, scarlet fever).
Symptomatic manifestations of chronic tonsillitis are expressed:
- pain in the throat;
- a tickling and burning sensation;
- regular fatigue;
- lethargy and irritability;
- the increase in body temperature;
- swelling of the tonsils;
- aching muscle joints.
Help. Respiratory pathology lowers the protective function of the immune system causing bacteria are developing quite quickly, actively provoking inflammatory processes.
Peritonsillar abscess occurs as a result of complications of acute tonsillitis. In other words, when the patient is recovering, in an instant there is a sharp increase in body temperature, back pain symptoms, there is a unilateral swelling of the glands.
The disease develops due to the penetration of infection in the peritonsillar tissue. Then formed an abscess, pus is formed in the retropharyngeal space and lymph nodes. Sometimes suppuration may bleed.
- unilateral pain of the larynx;
- the sudden increase in temperature;
- cramps muscle tissue of the masticatory apparatus;
- the lowering of the vocal cords;
- unpleasant smell from the mouth.
Help. Suppuration may occur in viral and infectious pathologies.
Chronic pharyngitis is the first precondition of inflammation of the tonsils. In this disease the inflammation of the tissue connections develop slowly. The pain occurs in the throat, esophageal tract, liver, and thyroid gland.
In chronic pharyngitis are red and swollen tonsils, and mucous cover envelops viscous protective mucosal composition.
Other causes affecting the condition of the tonsils
Inflammatory manifestation and swelling of the gland is affected not only infectious diseases, but also a number of other reasons:
- Allergies can cause unilateral or bilateral swelling of the body. The most common pathogens include: pollen, fungus, mold, wool Pets.
- Dry air can cause the swelling of the glands. If the atmosphere lacks humidity, irritated mucosa of the mouth that results in inflammation of the organ.
- Chemicals adversely affect the condition of the tonsils. The level of tissue damage directly affects the strength of the reagent. The chemical element can be in the respiratory system in applications household chemical compounds or in case of ingestion of polluted air.
- Alcohol and nicotine are especially damaging effect on oral mucosa. Bad habits contribute to a crackling voice, discomfort, pain in throat, difficult swallowing of saliva, which further leads to tumour-like condition of the tonsils.
Attention! People with HIV disease suffer of the larynx difficult and long-term. Secondary infection can significantly worsen the condition of the patient. Such manifestations associated with a weakened immune system.
Cancer of the tonsils: causes
The swelling gland may occur for a variety of reasons. In today’s time, scientists have not fully understood the factors that provoke cancer. Still doctors highlighted several main reasons for the development of the cancer cells of the oral region:
- Cigarettes are considered to be the main enemy of the larynx and respiratory tract. It is in the tobacco contained aggressive elements that damage lymphoid connections and provoke cancer.
- Alcoholic drinks with regular use is the strongest factor for cancer occurrence.
- HPV (human papilloma virus) is quite common in our time. This disease affects the human skin, regardless of gender and age. HPV can cause cancer of the tonsils.
- Immunosuppressants in their abuse.
- Chemotherapy conducted in the past.
Features. Cancer of the tonsils has no concrete and specific symptomatic manifestations, which significantly complicates timely diagnosis of dangerous diseases.
Therapy of this disease difficult and long. To prevent swelling of the tonsils should support and strengthen the immune system. Regularly hardening of the body, exercise, take vitamins, avoid cigarettes and alcohol. In the cold period of time the rinsing of the mouth.