Yellow snot from a baby: Komorowski, and how to treat
Dr. Komarovsky: how to treat yellow snot from a baby
The appearance of the nose in a child may be due to completely different reasons. Snot is one of the signs of the disease and can have a viral, bacterial or allergic origin. White snot in a child otolaryngologists identified with allergic reactions, and nepristupny runny nose may be the reason for their appearance. In this case, the disease is non-bacterial origin.
It is for coloring the audiologist can judge the limitations of the disease. According to Dr. Komarovsky, yellow snot indicate that a period of recovery. The same view is shared by many other pediatricians. Increased mucus production is an indication that the child’s body is actively fighting infection. In the composition of the secretions contain substances that act as catalyst for viruses.
Why have yellow snot?
Secretory discharge from the nose are the norm. Extracted from the nose the liquid composition protects the upper Airways from the adverse external factors, cleansing the air of impurities. The mucus serves as a barrier to dust and other pollutants.
Together with snot are output dead cells and pathogenic microorganisms. Thus the body gets rid of excess biomaterial. However, secretory allocation in large quantity is able to cause the children significant discomfort. Their increase is a reaction to the development of inflammatory processes or exposure to allergen.
A thickening and a yellowish color mucus indicates the accession of bacterial infection.
The nasal passages do not have time to get rid of a large quantity of mucus, which can flow into the trachea, to get into the bronchi or lungs. The situation is compounded by the fact that disease-causing microbes begin to multiply, and the disease progresses. The health of the child or another will begin to deteriorate and a trip to the doctor in such cases is inevitable.
Talking about different shades of yellow snot?
Different shades of secretions from the nose for experienced pediatrician present an opportunity to determine the nature of the disease. Importance density and intensity of the color. These symptoms are advised to pay attention while drafting the clinical picture of the disease.
Consider what it can mean different shades of yellow discharge:
- Light yellow snot, the occurrence of which is usually celebrated on the fifth day after the first disturbing symptoms, suggests that the child is recovering. If the discharge become that color, so the child’s body cope with the infection, and the immune system it prevents multiplication of bacteria. The basic protective function in this case performs the mucus and if the body coped, snot become lighter and soon stopped.
- Yellow snot with a greenish tint indicate active propagation and spread of bacteria. In this case, the body’s defenses are insufficient to cope with the infection. When such symptoms require treatment. Otherwise, complications can occur, manifested in the form of bronchitis or otitis media. If yellow-green snot acquire a peculiar smell, this indicates the formation of pus.
- Snot orange say about the development of sinusitis. The accumulation of purulent secretions in the sinuses may provoke the activation of inflammation. In this situation not to do without antibiotics. If untreated there is a risk of complications, is no exception to blood poisoning and asphyxia. The result is oxygen starvation can affect the brain.
Yellow snot in infants can not be detected immediately. This is due to the fact that they have narrow nasal passages. However, breathing in toddlers is difficult, and the situation is compounded by the fact that the microbes in such an environment, multiply rapidly. In such a situation should immediately contact the doctor.
According to Dr. Komarovsky, the appearance of yellow snot requires a diagnostic quality. Timely inspection will allow you to select the appropriate treatment and quickly to cope with illness.
In the case when there is no fever, snot, rare and bright color, the treatment can be carried out independently.
How to treat yellow snot from a baby?
It is advisable to use the recipes of traditional medicine:
- Inhalation. To get rid of yellow snot when cold it is really using essential oils fir, eucalyptus, pine, arborvitae, and medicinal chamomile. The aroma of essential oils can be spread with the help of an oil burner. Effective the treatment will be, if you do inhalation to their addition.
- Nasal rinses. Literally any help runny nose flushing with saline. To prepare it in a glass of warm water dissolve 1 tsp of sea salt. The nose is washed several times a day.
- Burying natural drops.
Traditional recipes of nasal drops
For young children ideal a decoction of medicinal herbs: calendula, celandine, mint and chamomile. For the preparation of drops you need to take a teaspoon of the dry mix and pour it with 250 gr. of boiling water. The broth should infuse for 30 minutes, after which it should be filtered. In the nose drip 4 drops 3 times a day. The course of treatment is 7 days.
For those who are older, as the drops are fine the juice of onion and garlic mixed with sea buckthorn oil and with the addition of honey. All components are taken in equal proportions. These drops are recommended to use no more than twice a day. When applied you may feel a little tingle in the nose. However, the therapeutic effect occurs literally on the third day after the start of use of the tool. Medicine is an excellent antiseptic and quickly reduces inflammation.
For the treatment of children at any age the optimal solution are drops of aloe Vera and Kalanchoe. This home plants have a place in any home. Medicinal drops quickly cope with cold-related runny nose and helps to strengthen children’s immunity. To achieve the most effective effect you can drip 3 drops in each nostril 3 times a day.
Pharmacy nasal drops
In addition to folk remedies, the drugstore chain offers a wide range of nasal drops, intended for the treatment of rhinitis of any etiology.
Popular drugs for children:
- I suffered;
- Izofra and several others.
Pharmacy drops must be assigned exclusively by the doctor, after diagnosis and determine the stage of the disease.
In some cases, the composition of the drops include antibiotics. This treatment is required when nasal discharge becomes more abundant, thick, and have a rich color.
In the complicated course of the disease, snot turn orange or have an intense yellow color. Treatment should be under the supervision of a pediatrician, as many drugs cause side effects and may want to replace the drops on the other.
The use of drugs, which have a vasoconstrictive effect, to treat the thick mucus is not advisable. These drops and sprays in this case is not effective: they desiccate the mucosa of the nose and can cause irritation.
To prevent the occurrence of yellow snot from a baby, it is recommended to strengthen the immune system, including walks in the fresh air tempering procedure, and the organization of proper nutrition. In the child’s diet must contain sufficient amount of vitamins contained in fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as minerals, proteins and carbohydrates.
In addition, children need to ensure proper sleep and enough exercise. Needless to say that the child needs proper care avoid hypothermia and overheating in the sun. In the winter, children should dress warm and in summer to avoid exhaustion.