An overdose of syrup «Ambrobene» children
The symptoms and treatment of overdose «Ambrobene»
«Ambrobene» is a syrup that helps expectoration of mucus by coughing. It liquefies the bronchial secret and stimulates its expectoration. You can use it to treat children and adults. Self medication with this medicine may lead to severe poisoning and intoxication. In this article, we discussed the reasons that may develop overdose «Ambrobene», the symptoms and treatment of this condition, components of the emergency first aid.
«Ambrobene»: indications and contraindications
The active substance of the «Ambrobene», Ambroxol, has a pronounced expectorant action. It thins the mucus and speeds up the secretion and expectoration. Produced product as a syrup. It is sweet and pleasant to the taste, does not cause a negative reaction and aversion in children.
Please note that the treatment of cough in children should consult a pediatrician about the possibility of using the «Ambrobene», and also about rules for its dispensing.
Indications for the reception of the «Ambrobene»:
- acute and chronic bronchitis, tracheobronchitis;
- pneumonia (inflammation of lungs) of various etiologies;
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease;
- bronchiectasis disease;
- cystic fibrosis;
- violation of the expectoration of viscous sputum in bronchial asthma.
In practice, the «Ambrobene»C or its equivalent are appointed by a physician or pediatrician with any colds or flu that are accompanied by a wet cough.
«Ambrobene» you can’t take everything. Contraindications to treatment according to drug are:
- the period of pregnancy. It is believed that Ambroxol is able to penetrate through the placenta to the fetus;
- feeding the child breast milk. After research, scientists have found that Ambroxol is capable to get into mother’s milk, because to take it during lactation is not advisable;
- Allergy to components of drug. In rare cases, «Ambrobene» may be the cause of urticaria, allergic dermatitis, angioneurotic edema;
- lactose intolerance;
- acute gastritis (inflammation of gastric mucosa);
- the presence of ulcers in the stomach and duodenum;
- acute hepatic and renal failure.
Please note that the «Ambrobene» not combine with protivokashlevami drugs. In combination with them develop congestion in the bronchi.
For what reasons can develop overdose
Overdose «Ambrobene» often develops as a result of self-medication with this drug, or ignoring medical recommendations for admission. The most frequent causes of poisoning «Ambrobene» could be further listed.
- The use of large doses of the drug to speed up recovery. Some believe that by drinking the medicine in large doses, they speed up the recovery and the passage of cough. As a result, they do not cure the cough and get the heavy intoxication of the drug.
- Welcome «Ambrobene» a child secret from parents. Syrup «Ambrobene» sweet and pleasant to the taste, and the kids, not realizing the danger of such an act, I can drink a whole bottle of medication. All medicines should be kept out of reach of children.
- The combination of the «Ambrobene» with other drugs, including Ambroxol. Most expectorant syrups are analogues of the «Ambrobene», and simultaneous reception of identical drugs can cause overdose. Examples of analogs: «Mucosolvan», «Bronkosol», «Ambrolauri», «Travis», etc.
Acute overdose and poisoning «Ambrobene» develops as a result of the considerable excess of maximum allowable dosage of this drug. Symptoms of intoxication develop during the first two hours after taking the medicine.
Overdose «Ambrobene» clinically manifested by the following symptoms:
- stomach pain, heartburn. The drug can irritate the stomach lining. It is especially dangerous for people with disorders or inflammation of the walls of the stomach and duodenum;
- nausea and subsequent vomiting are protective mechanisms. The nerve cells of stomach in response to stimulation by the drug sends the brain a signal of danger. Through vomiting, the body tries to get rid of the irritating and hazardous substances;
- headache and General weakness – symptoms of General intoxication;
- slight loose stools, diarrhea;
- a state of nervous excitement, hyperactivity;
- seizures develop in severe forms of intoxication.
First aid for overdose
If overdose «Ambrobene» no need to wait for the appearance of the first symptoms of poisoning. You should immediately call an ambulance. No need to risk the health of the patient and try to cure it yourself.
While waiting for the medics proceed to self-first aid to the patient. It consists of:
- Removing residues of drug from the gastric cavity. This should drink several glasses of water and induce vomiting. This procedure is effective only for the first two hours after eating a large dose of the «Ambrobene». After this time the drug is completely absorbed into the blood, lavage of the stomach becomes ineffective.
- Sorbents. These medicines are the main assistants during almost all poisonings. You can use any of the sorbents, the main thing is to read the rules in the regulations of dosing. Examples of drugs: activated charcoal, APSCO, smectite, Polisorb, sorbex, enterosgel.
- Copious drinking. The liquid will speed up the excretion of the drug from the body by the kidneys. You can drink plain water or non-carbonated mineral water.
Treatment of poisoning
Treatment of overdose «Ambrobene» is performed in the toxicology Department. In the case of lung toxicity for patients see day and go home.
The main components of treatment the following.
- Diet. Because the drug irritates the mucous membranes of the stomach and duodenum, the treatment period should stick to light and healthy diet. You can eat boiled lean meat, porridge, boiled vegetables, baked bananas, eggs, chicken broth. From fried, fatty, spicy and smoked should be.
- Rehydration is the replenishment of losses of fluid in the body. Patients in serious condition prescribed the dropper. At a normal feeling of the patient of fairly heavy drinking.
- Antacids – medicines that address heartburn, stomach pain and relieve its inflammation. Drugs: almagelum, Maalox, aluminium phosphate gel.
- Enzymes – medicines regulating the digestive (Kreon, festal, Pancreatin).
- Anticonvulsant drugs are used in the case of seizures.
Forecast for life favorable. The treatment lasts for several days. For several weeks after the overdose, the patient may be assigned to light diet, and drugs to restore of the stomach.
Overdose «Ambrobene» is not fatal to humans, but may cause disruption of the digestive system and the development of headache, nervous excitement, convulsions. In cases of poisoning with this drug you should immediately call an ambulance and wash the affected stomach. Can also help the sorbents and excessive drinking. The treatment is carried out in toxicology, aimed at elimination of the drug from the body.