Analysis of intestinal infection: where and how to pass it
How to make a stool test and blood for intestinal infections
Analysis of intestinal infections is carried out to detect pathogenic microflora in the gastrointestinal tract. This study is the basis for the diagnosis of diseases of bacterial nature. Thanks to him, it is possible to identify the species of organism and to determine how the drug affects them.
General ideas about the study
For a survey on intestinal group taking different biological environment. These include:
The study was conducted to determine the number of conditionally pathogenic flora. These are the microorganisms that, under certain conditions, can cause different manifestations of gastroenteritis.
Analysis prescribed in the following clinical cases:
- if you have symptoms of poisoning, such as vomiting, diarrhea;
- at admission to the infectious diseases hospital;
- periodic medical examinations;
- in case of contact with patients with acute infection;
- to diagnose the effectiveness of the treatment.
The main goal is the identification of an agent according to its morphological properties and the definition of sensitivity to the action of antibiotic drugs. This is the key to successful treatment.
The fence material may be inpatient or at home. All depends on the state and goals of the assigned research.
The analysis on intestinal group rent:
- workers of medical institutions;
- persons working in the food industry and trade prepared food;
The contingent examined once a year. This is to prevent outbreaks of infection. This is especially important for kindergartens. Because of crowding of the team contributes to the rapid separation of the infection.
Examination of feces for intestinal infection
Test for determination of pathogens is carried out by serological, bacteriological and microbiological methods. Initially carried out microscopy of the material. That is, in the native preparation under the microscope to evaluate the causative agent. However, this is only possible after several days of infection.
In accordance with the results of microscopy determine what nutrient medium will spread the material. To do this, use a special Cup with a medium containing nutrients for microbial growth. The conditions for their development, then is the determination of morphological properties.
In case of detection of pathogenic microorganisms, necessarily conducted a study on antibiotic resistance.
This will allow the doctor to accurately prescribe therapy.
How to prepare for the analysis?
Before the study should not take the following medications:
- bismuth tripotassium dicitrate;
- various chelators, for example, activated carbon;
- the broad-spectrum antibiotics.
It is advisable to stop taking one week before analysis.
How to test for intestinal infection, told in detail by a doctor. But you should know the following features of collection of fecal analysis and what to include:
- for research use only sterile vessel;
- there are special containers with a small spoon for easy collection;
- if failed to buy a container in a pharmacy, you can take an ordinary jar, its pre-boiling;
- to collect stool in the morning;
- to deliver the material to the laboratory immediately after collection;
- before collection, wash the vulva, it will reduce the risk of incorrect results;
- not properly collect the material from the toilet, you need to prepare the container;
- in any case, you cannot use an enema before collecting stool, it will provide false negative results.
Store the container with the material in the refrigerator. But it is impossible to freeze it. This radically change the bacterial composition of feces.
Analysis of feces for intestinal infection is made for 5 days. This term is due to growth of the microorganism and its identification.
The results of the study may be the following:
- Microflora represented by bifidobacteria and lactobacilli. These microbes are normal inhabitants of the human body and not a danger.
- E. coli is natural flora. But the content is insignificant. But do not forget that reducing local immunity of mucous membranes, it can cause dysbiosis.
- The analysis can meet the representatives of pathogenic flora. These include:
The intestine is inhabited only 90% bifidobacteria. The presence of pathogenic microbes will cause the onset of gastroenteritis.
In the form of results opposite to the column of a certain species of microbe is a plus if available, negative if it has not been discovered. In determining the resistance in front of each species is written a group of antibiotics and level of sensitivity to it. The more pluses, the less resistant the microbe is to the antibiotic.
The study of blood
A blood test for intestinal infection is based on delivery of material for General and serology.
The essence of the General analysis of blood is determination of hematological changes of blood cells. That is, the abnormal flora causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract. Differently a condition called gastroenteritis. It is manifested by vomiting, diarrhea, rumbling and abdominal pain. The first organism to such changes reacts blood.
In General, the analysis of blood in the intestinal infection observed the following:
- elevated levels of white blood cells;
- increased ESR;
- the shift of leukocyte formula to the left.
These changes describe the presence of inflammation. And the doctor is already in the clinical picture makes the conclusion on where the focus.
Another research, which allows one to say with certainty about the intestinal infection is serology. It’s a method for determining the level of antibodies in the blood.
In the body to any disease process antibodies. Thus, the intestinal infections, they also have.
Usually check the level of immunoglobulins M and G. Serology take when testing for carriers of intestinal infections. This is due to the fact that the first reaction of the immunoglobulin of class M. It is otherwise called acute. Its level increases during the first week of illness and then gradually declines. Few weeks an increasing number of G.
The presence of high titers of G tells about the carriage, or that people once suffered an intestinal infection.
Examination of children for intestinal infection
Analyses of intestinal infection in children show a number of normal and pathogenic flora. These include examination of stool and blood.
Study stool the child is carried out by bacteriological determine the type of pathogen. To do this:
- to take a stool sample to the laboratory;
- it is important to collect the feces in a special container;
- if your child has diarrhea, you can take a small amount of feces;
- do not put your child an enema before collection.
On the eve before the fence should not give children laxatives products. You also need to eliminate the use of antibiotics and chelators.
The results of the study stool in children may include the following:
- a large number of lactic bacteria;
- the absence or presence of pathogens.
Even a small number of representatives of pathogenic species requires antibiotic therapy.
Analysis of blood in children has its own characteristics. They are related to the fact that the normal values for a child are different from those of an adult. It is important to understand when evaluating results.
General analysis of blood in the intestinal infection shows leukocytosis, ESR above normal. Elevated white blood cell count says on the inflammatory process. The higher the level, the more process.
Serology in children is also based on definition of antibodies.
The analysis on intestinal group of children appointed in the case:
- symptoms characteristic of intestinal infections;
- in contact with a sick person;
- to determine the causative agent and appointment of adequate therapy.
Determining the type of pathogen and its sensitivity to the antibiotic allows for the successful treatment of diseases.
Intestinal infections are a group of microbes, which requires a properly sized treatment and timely diagnosis. It is therefore important to conduct laboratory studies to identify species of microbe. Correctly chosen treatment prevents the development of serious complications. The stool and blood on the intestinal group are important and necessary type of diagnosis.