Berry thorns: the benefits and harms
The benefits and harms of sloe berries
Sloe, a shrub of the Rosaceae squad, popularly referred to as barbed plum. This folk name was given to him because of the fruit, resembling a small plum size. But it is perhaps the only similarity between the fruit tree and bushes. After all, the taste and beneficial properties, turn very different from its blue-and-purple counterpart. Having a unique chemical composition, the berries are the drug. But, of course, with proper application. And today, I will tell you in detail about Teren: the benefits and harms of the plant, its use in healthy cooking and folk medicine.
The composition of Terna
Use of turn for the body lies in its chemical composition. Of nutrients you should pay attention to the high content of dietary fibers, organic acids, fiber and pectin. Also in sufficient quantity in the fruit contains various amino acids, monosaccharides, essential oils and tannins. But its main value is in the vitamins and mineral components. The turn is a source of vitamin A. Its concentration in the berries is much higher than in carrots or other vegetables and fruits.
Also present in large numbers b vitamins, vitamin C, E and PP. As for minerals, the berries can be detected almost the entire periodic table, at least its useful components. So if a deficiency of potassium, calcium, iodine, zinc, sodium, iron, magnesium and phosphorus, it is possible to compensate for the lack of regular consumption of berries sloes.
With all this, the turn-calorie product. Its nutritional value is only 55 kcal per 100 g of berries. So they may be included in a diet diet, as a source of vitamins and minerals.
Use of turn for the body
The uniqueness of turn that for therapeutic purposes can be taken in almost all parts of the plant except seeds.
The beneficial properties of plants:
- The fruit is turn fresh, compotes, jellies and jams from the berries has a laxative effect that allows to use it effectively for the treatment of chronic constipation. In addition, they normalize the digestive system, relieves bloating and helps to solve the problem of chronic flatulence. Thanks to the enveloping effect on the mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract, regular consumption of fruits turn reduces the risk of developing gastric ulcer, gastritis and colitis.
- The turn has a cleansing effect in respect of all bodies. With its help it is advisable to clean the organism from slags, toxins and other toxic substances accumulated in it. It’s cleansing property helps to normalize the intestinal microflora and reduce the pathogenic microorganisms living in its various departments.
- The cleansing action of Terna extends to the liver and kidneys. Hence the common practice of including berries in the complex treatment of liver diseases.
- The turn has expectorant, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic activity. This allows you to effectively use it in a complex struggle with various diseases of viral and bacterial etiology.
- The following useful property of the berries of the sloe – normalization of the nervous system. Infusions and compotes from fruits help to get rid of dizziness, relieve irritability and bouts of «nervous» nausea. Recipes to effectively solve the problems of depression and constant state of stress, exerting slight calming effect.
- Antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects of berries have found application in dental treatment. And the astringent property is used in the treatment of diseases of the gums and oral mucosa.
- Useful to use turn and people suffering from cardiovascular diseases. Due to the high content of potassium, berries have a strengthening effect on blood vessels and heart muscle. And normalization of heart rate prevents the development of many heart diseases. In addition, the consumption of berries reduces the level of cholesterol in the blood and normalization of blood pressure in people with hypertension.
- A rich vitamin composition allows to activate the immune system, directing operation of security forces in preventing the development of diseases and control of existing chronic conditions.
- Their use of fresh sloe berries found in cosmetics. Masks and other cosmetics with pulp used for the treatment of acne, pustules and acne lesions.
- Use berries turn to the body of women – the elimination of PMS symptoms and reduction of pain in the lower abdomen during menstruation.
- Useful turn and for men, as it normalizes the functioning of the prostate gland. And this, in turn, is an excellent prevention of prostate adenoma.
There are several recipes effective weight loss diet together with berries sloe. Helping to establish the metabolic processes and actively seek to eat, consumption of fruits prevents fat.
How dangerous a turn for the body
Estimation of damage to Terna for the body is carried out individually. So, berries dangerous for people with diseases caused by the acidity of the stomach, gastritis and gastric ulcer in the acute stage. We should not exclude the probability of a severe allergic reaction by eating fresh juicy fruits.
Of the common adverse reactions:
- staining of the tooth enamel in a blue shade (is removed naturally after few days);
- weight gain due to uncontrollable eating berries in foods with lots of sugar (e.g., jam).
The seed berries of the sloe contains amygdalin is a toxic substance that reacts with an aqueous medium. So ready sweet dishes, kissels and compotes, cooked without removing the bone, not subject to long storage.
What is useful to prepare cards
Few people know that fresh berries perfectly complement the already prepared dishes and light vegetable salads. But the most common uses of turn – compotes, decoctions and jams. We talk about them.
1.5 l of pure water you will need about 200 g of berries, half a Cup of sugar and a little citric acid (pinch). Washed berries fill with water and add citric acid. Bring to a boil, stir in the sugar and leave to cook for 20-30 minutes. Ready-made compote before use to drain.
Useful medicinal decoction
Preparing a decoction of thick fruit that have not compromised the integrity of the skin. Rinse with 2 tbsp berries and cover with boiling water (0.5 liters). Cover the container with a lid and leave for 1 hour. Ready broth filter, and use according to the recipe, depending on the type of disease.
Jam turn (seedless)
To cook the jam, peel 2 kg of berries from the bones and cover them with sugar (about 0.5 kg). Not stirring, leave a container of berries for the night.
The next morning, boil the berries until tender. If before cooking, you will find that the separated juice is not enough, you can add a little boiling water.
Ready jam put in sterilized jars and preserve. Store preferably in the refrigerator.
To enhance the diversity of taste the power to jam the turn, you can add vanilla or cinnamon.
To turn turned out to be really useful and has not caused any harm to the body, to pick and eat berries must be approached with the mind:
- Berry picking starts after the first frost. By buying in the market turn, choose fruits with no signs of rot and other defects.
- A number of useful turn – 100 g per serving. During the week, it is recommended to eat berries no more than two times.
- The maximum number of nutrients found in fresh fruits plants. Fresh berries should be stored not more than 7-10 days. Dried, frozen and dried thorns is kept in the course of the year.
- For the benefit of the figure is recommended to use the turn along with other berries and fruits, lean meat, herbs and vegetables. Which do not contain starch.
Here’s a useful product – sloe berries. And if you have no contraindications to their use, can self-assess their beneficial effects on the body. Just don’t forget to follow the above tips.