Cardiomagnyl: overdose and poisoning
Overdose and poisoning kardiomagnil
Cardiomagnyl – a drug, which is prescribed to patients with heart disease. They prevent the progression of coronary heart disease. Reduce the risk of developing angina and acute attack of myocardial infarction. The drug prevents the formation of blood clots. To understand in some cases there overdose kardiomagnil, consider its chemical composition and effect on the body.
The drug cardiomagnyl and application
Part medications is composed of two main components – acetylsalicylic acid and magnesium hydroxide.
Acetylsalicylic acid, or aspirin, has several properties:
- analgesic (pain reliever);
- antiplatelet (prevents blood clots);
- an antipyretic.
In the pills cardiomagnyl quantity of aspirin is 75 to 150 mg, depending on dosage. Substance in small doses is opposed to the blood clots and the formation of blood clots. Such action is long lasting and due to the influence of acetylsalicylic acid on platelets.
The substance reduces the permeability of the capillary walls. Limits the inflammatory process. Affects the nervous centers responsible for pain sensitivity. Thanks coveragegeometry property reduces intracranial pressure, reducing the pain.
Cardiomagnyl is actively used in patients who have previously suffered a heart attack, preventing the re-formation of blood clots. It is also prescribed for people with hypertension, in violation of cerebral circulation.
Magnesium hydroxide in the cardiomagnyl composition is needed in order to reduce the negative impact of aspirin on the gastrointestinal tract and mucous membranes to prevent the development of gastritis, peptic ulcer, colitis. Substance will neutralize the acid.
Aspirin quickly, within 30 minutes, is absorbed into the bloodstream. Magnesium hydroxide, on the contrary, lingers in the digestive system, acts as a coating agent.
The drug is prescribed to patients with such diseases (risk group):
- diabetes mellitus of the second type;
- the high content of cholesterol in the blood;
- genetic predisposition to cardiovascular diseases.
Poisoning kardiomagnil may occur while taking 150 mg per 1 kg of body weight. How much is tablets? If the dosage is 150 mg, it means that the toxic dose is 1 tablet per 1 kg of body weight. If the dosage is 75 mg, 2 tablets per 1 kg of Intoxication of medium severity, the effects of which are reversible with prompt medical care, is 300 mg per 1 kg of body weight. The dose leading to death is 500 mg per 1 kg of body weight or more.
Chronic poisoning patients arises when they are constantly violating the regimen of the drug. This is manifested by such symptoms:
- noise and ringing in the ears;
- the hearing loss may develop deafness;
- a relaxation of the muscular layer of the blood vessel walls;
- excessive sweating;
- nausea, vomiting;
- disturbance of consciousness.
Moderate and severe degree of poisoning kardiomagnil is characterized by nervous and physical anxiety, increased body temperature.
There is a hyperventilation of lungs, develops intense breathing under which oxygen in the body exceeds the norm. Such an attack lasts on average 30 minutes, but may last 2-3 hours. On the background of frequent breathing develops respiratory alkalosis – violation of blood pH. Then this status goes into metabolic acidosis – acidification of the blood (symptom, which occurs in many diseases, including poisonings).
Severe poisoning kardiomagnil depresses the Central nervous system, can cause respiratory collapse, and limitation of airflow due to narrowing of the trachea and bronchi. This leads to respiratory failure and death. Also in severe poisoning, the victim may develop a coma.
First aid and treatment
In single dose large number of tablets you need to quickly wash out the stomach. At home cause an artificial vomiting. If the victim responds to the environment and can fulfill your requests, give him to drink 3-4 cups of water for 5-7 minutes. Then push down on the tongue with two fingers and induce vomiting. If a person is behaving inappropriately or is unconscious, you must wait for the ambulance. At the hospital, gastric lavage is made with the help of a special probe.
The next stage is the reception of sorbents: activated charcoal, white coal, enterosgel, Polisorb.
If poisoning kardiomagnil it is important to control water and salt balance, and to monitor closely its dynamics, if necessary, make timely adjustment. You must consider the risk of acidosis, reduction of circulating blood volume, the increased content of calcium in the blood.
Constantly measure body temperature, as it can develop excessive fever with rates above 41 degrees.
An important stage of treatment of poisoning – detoxification therapy:
- Forced diuresis – introduction of a once large amounts of fluid, 6-8 liters, to increase circulating blood, reducing the concentration of cardiomagnyl in the blood, reducing chemical load on the kidneys.
- Hemoperfusion is blood transfusions.
- Hemodialysis – cleansing the blood and its saturation with useful trace elements using a special apparatus (artificial kidney).
With the development of complications prescribe symptomatic therapy. In severe cases, resort to the methods of intensive care: mechanical ventilation (mechanical ventilation), shock therapy, cardioversion, hormone therapy.
The consequences of poisoning kardiomagnil
Pills affect the cardiovascular, nervous system and liver.
The complications of the blood:
- the development of risk of bleeding;
- hidden bleeding;
- violation of the leukocyte formula;
- low blood sugar;
- migraine, dizziness;
- insomnia, anxiety interrupted sleep;
- hearing loss, the depth of which depends on the number of received cardiomagnyl;
- bleeding in the brain.
Complications of the liver:
- acute hepatitis, depending on the dose;
- violation of the production of bile;
- the increase in bilirubin.
Signs of poisoning from the digestive tract:
- constant heartburn, reflux (reflux of food from the stomach into the esophagus), dyspepsia;
- the defeat of the gastrointestinal mucosa in the form of erosions and ulcers;
- inflammation of the esophagus;
- gastric bleeding, rupture of the stomach wall;
- inflammation of the small intestine, disorders of the chair.
Allergic reactions poisoning kardiomagnil:
- allergic rhinitis;
- bronchospasm, bronchial asthma.
Acetylsalicylic acid, part of cardiomagnyl in the permissible doses, safe for the body. World health organization made it to the list of the most important medicines. If you strictly control the dose, the risk of overdose will be minimized.