Cherry stones: the benefits and harms to the human body
Benefits and harms of cherry pits
Cherries – a favorite of all the culture that can be consumed as fresh, and preparing preserves, compotes, cordials. The cherry stones are most often disposed of as unnecessary, but many proponents of alternative medicine believe that the kernel have medicinal properties.
What are the benefits and harms of cherry for the body? Medicinal properties have not less than a grape and apricot. Medical preparations on their basis are often used in the treatment of various diseases. Oil derived from cherry-kernels, often used in cosmetics for the care and restoration of aging skin.
Use in alternative medicine
The cherry tree belongs to the family Rosaceae. This is one of the most common garden plants, the fruits of which include huge amounts of vitamins, minerals, organic acids and other useful compounds. Folk healers have long been prepared from the kernels of cherries all sorts of treatment for many diseases.
Prepared according to ancient recipes drugs have the following properties:
- reduce inflammation;
- restore metabolic processes;
- stimulates the excretion of urine.
This files most often on the basis of their invented means which used in therapy:
- intestinal disorders;
- inflammation of the joints;
- kidney stones;
- disorders of uric acid metabolism;
- diabetes of the 2nd type;
- colds and flu;
- vitamin deficiency;
- abnormalities of the heart and blood vessels;
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
In addition to the cores, the recipes also use the bark, leaves, roots, fruits plants.
Pits cherries include vitamins, oils, enzymes, vegetable protein and other compounds. Due to its medicinal properties, ground kernels are often used for the preparation of infusions, which further added other natural ingredients.
It is believed that the powder obtained from the dried kernels of the cherries, help with sexual weakness. For this folk healers recommend to use it for 5 g three times a day for 7 days.
The infusion of the kernels can be prepared as a standalone tool, and combining with other ingredients. You can add honey, medicinal plants, berries and other crops.
Such funds are often used to treat:
- of joint damage;
- kidney stones;
- uric acid diathesis.
In addition, this decoction is used for hypokalemia, hyponatremia, as well as the inadequate intake of magnesium and calcium.
Contained in the seed of a dangerous substance amygdalin, can cause poisoning. Therefore therapy should be done under the supervision of a specialist who will install the necessary dosage and duration of treatment.
- For diarrhea treatment you can prepare the infusion according to the following recipe. For preparation will need 1 teaspoon of crushed seeds and 1 Cup of boiling water. The nucleus is filled with water, stand a quarter of an hour and the tail. The resulting broth consume 2 teaspoons three times a day.
- To remedy gout cherry seed is often mixed with medicinal herbs such as calamus. 6 teaspoons ground kernels of cherry – a glass of the dried calamus and 3 liters of boiling water. The broth stand for a quarter of an hour the tail and is used for foot baths.
- You can prepare an infusion of the stems and pit cherries. This will require 5 g of each component, as well as a glass of water. All the ingredients are ground into a powder, pour boiling water, stand for half an hour. The resulting broth filter and drink 2 teaspoon 4 times a day. This drink is used in gouty arthritis and uric acid diathesis.
- Renal colic can help the following recipe. To prepare you need 2 teaspoons of ground kernels of cherry, 1 g fennel seed, 0.5 liters of water. Fennel is ground, mixed with the powder from the seeds, pour boiling water and insist 30 minutes. Infusion drink 1-2 tablespoons four times a day.
The oil obtained from the kernels of cherries, was used in ancient times. This product does not contain toxic compounds and includes only the nutrients – vitamin a, tocopherol, antioxidants, polyunsaturated acids, creating on the skin a barrier and reduces the influence of ultraviolet radiation.
In addition, the product stimulates the formation of prostaglandins, which increase pain threshold and also promotes regeneration of cellular structures.
The oil from the kernels has the following properties for the skin:
- protects from ultraviolet radiation;
- softens and moisturizes;
- nourishes the cells;
- increases the elasticity;
- protects lips from dryness;
- prevents the formation of cancer cells.
Oil is used in pure form, and combining with other means to care for skin.
To get rid of pimples, should be one to two times a day to wipe problem areas with a cotton pad soaked in a cherry oil.
If you use the oil inside, it is possible to prevent the increase of cholesterol, to establish the functioning of the heart and blood vessels.
In addition, the solution is often used in the following diseases:
- diabetes mellitus;
- inflammation of the lungs;
- inflammation of the joints;
- liver disorders;
- gastrointestinal pathology;
- diseases of the pancreas;
- inflammation of the musculoskeletal system.
In addition, due to the large amount of vitamin B9 and iron in its composition, the product is used to improve the blood and treat anemia.
- In the treatment of gout use the following method. 1 teaspoon of oil you will need 1 small beet. Beets pre-boiled, peeled, knead into a puree and mix with oil solution. The resulting tool should be eating 20-30 grams twice a day.
- To cure anemia, colds, to establish the function of the heart will help the following recipe. 5 g of butter – one medium carrot. Fresh clean carrots, shredded on a fine grater, add butter. The resulting tool needs to eat a tablespoon three times a day.
- To eliminate chronic constipation can be tasting the following composition. 1 teaspoon of oil solution – a glass of buttermilk. The components are combined, heated in a water bath, and drink 200 grams in the evening before bed.
Pillow of cherry pits
Dried kernels of cherries can be filled with a homemade pillow that is useful for all occasions. Such pillows-heaters are used as hot and cold compress reduces swelling and pain.
To prevent the decay of nucleoli in the pillow, and also the formation of hydrocyanic acid, the bones are pre-boiled in water with the addition of a small amount of vinegar and dried in the oven.
The pillow is used:
- to eliminate acute symptoms of pain in the head;
- to reduce elevated body temperature;
- to relieve cough;
- for bruises and muscle strain;
- for cramps and colic in the abdomen;
- to relieve fatigue;
- as a sedative;
- to speed up the falling asleep of the baby;
- for the development of fine motor skills.
This orthopedic pillow can be used in everyday life, replacing her regular pillow to sleep.
How to use
Ready-made pillow can be heated in the oven for 4-5 minutes at a temperature of 150 °C, or 2-3 minutes in the microwave. In addition, it can be reheated on a hot battery for 30-40 minutes. Hot compress applied to the affected areas for 5-10 minutes.
The pillow can be used as a cold compress, which helps to activate local blood circulation, relieve pain symptoms arthritis and inflammation of the knee joints, and reduces swelling.
The pillow placed in the freezer for a few minutes and use as directed.
There is a perception that the cherry stones stimulate the immune system. For this dry kernels scattered on the floor and walk on it barefoot for 10-15 minutes. This therapeutic massage stimulates the natural protective forces of the body, and will help to prevent frequent colds.
Despite the obvious benefit of the berries, it can be dangerous, especially its core. Because they contained toxic substances amygdalin, glycoside threat, taking them in large quantity can cause irreversible harm to humans.
There are bones dangerous: they contain the glycoside amygdalin, which is formed in hydrocyanic acid, are capable of provoking a lethal outcome.
This substance gives a bitter taste to the kernels. Bone cherry contains 0.8% of this compound. Accidentally swallowing a few of the nucleoli, could not be seriously harm your health. Threat to human life, especially for children, can be the use of a large number of cores. After about 4-5 hours after ingestion gastric juice interacts with amygdalin, which leads to the formation of glucose and prussic acid, which, in turn, can become toxic to humans.
Hydrogen cyanide inhibits tissue respiration, causing a shortage of energy. Subsequently, this could adversely affect the spleen and cause severe damage to the Central nervous system.
Particularly harmful fresh cherry stones. Under the influence of heat treatment hydrocyanic acid is almost completely disappears, which is why the kernels of cherries without the fear used in the composition of liqueurs, jams, compotes.
Symptoms of poisoning are:
- gag reflex;
- spasms in the head.
In severe intoxication may experience seizures, bluish discoloration of the skin, the patient may lose consciousness. Threatening symptoms may also be:
- bitterness and dryness in a mouth;
- strong salivation;
- increased heart rate and breathing;
- speech disorders;
- dilation of the pupils.
In these cases, the patient requires urgent medical care. Before the arrival of doctors to the victim should be immediately gastric lavage, triggering a gag reflex.
A fatal outcome may end up consuming more than 50 kernels of cherries.
When accidental swallowing cherry pits should not panic: the most likely, she will not have time to have a toxic effect on the human, coming out of the body naturally.