Diarrhea and diarrhea with a hangover: causes, treatment
Causes of diarrhea with a hangover and its treatment
Diarrhea with a hangover is one of the symptoms of hangover. It appears due to the fact that the person drank excessive amounts of alcohol. The diarrhea lasts longer, and in the lunch time the body recovers. If diarrhea lasts longer than two days, consult a doctor, as this may be a symptom of severe intoxication.
Why do I get diarrhea after alcohol
After drinking alcohol most often there is constipation. This is because the human body is dehydrated, so the stool dry. Diarrhea for a hangover is more rare. And to provoke it by the following reasons:
- Intoxication. The fact that alcoholic drinks can also have an expiration date, and if expired to drink alcohol, it can lead to poisoning. Except for diarrhea, there is nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, weakness.
- Violation of the intestinal microflora. Alcohol is a strong disinfectant. Therefore, once in the stomach, it kills all the microorganisms, which are needed for normal digestion. As a result food is not digested and starts to ferment. From this and appears diarrhea after the first 7-10 hours after you drink. Accompanied by severe headaches.
- Excess fluid in the intestine. All the alcohol drunk could not make it to digest and immediately go to the intestine. Therefore, the stool can be too thin. In addition to diarrhea, you may experience more frequent urination.
If you get diarrhea from alcohol, it may be indicative of various diseases of the gastrointestinal tract – gastritis, ulcers, colitis, or pancreatitis. Diarrhea occurs even after taking small amount of alcohol, there is blood in the stool.
Why do I get diarrhea after beer
And although the beer is a low alcoholic drink intoxication after his admission still occurs. The fact that people used to drink it in large quantities. As a result, the body gets a lot of ethanol. In addition, after taking a few Beers the body is not able to process all the fluid. So part of it will remain in the intestine.
For improvement of flavouring qualities of beer and extend its shelf life, it adds various preservatives that negatively affect the intestinal flora. The composition of the beverage components reinforce the process of fermentation in the gut. And if the mucous membranes are very sensitive, it may cause loose stools and bloating.
Diarrhea from champagne
Diarrhea and alcohol are interrelated, though diarrhea may appear even from a weak alcoholic beverage. So, the usual champagne can cause strong diarrhea. The fact that the beverage is saturated with carbon dioxide, which bubbles appear. Carbon dioxide enhances the absorption of ethanol in the gut. As a result, even small amounts of alcohol drunk, the intoxication occurs very rapidly.
In addition, the carbon dioxide bubbles are negatively affecting the intestinal mucosa, increases the acidity of the stomach. And if champagne and add dyes and fragrances, is even more irritating the intestinal wall. As a result, increases peristalsis, begins diarrhea.
Diarrhea after drinking wine
Often the diarrhea occurs after people overdo drinking white or red wine. This is due to the fact that this drink contains acid which increases the acidity of the stomach. From this the intestine is irritated. Grapes have a laxative effect. As a result, the wine also takes on this function. However, some varieties may provoke the emergence of a strong diarrhea, but others can’t.
Diarrhea from vodka. Or vodka from diarrhea
Vodka is an alcoholic drink with a high percentage of ethanol content. It adversely affects the gut, tightens mucous membranes. This breaks the suction function of the liquid. Moreover, it undermined the process of development of pepsin, which is necessary for the breakdown of proteins. Because of this, food is poorly digested, starts rotting and fermentation of food in the intestine. As a result, there arises a diarrhea.
But, it turns out, alcohol diarrhea, in particular natural home-brew, has a therapeutic effect. Be aware that drug is alcohol-based is suitable only for those people who are handling it well. In any case, you cannot give it to children under 12 years of age. Based on vodka prepare several effective means diarrhea:
- Vodka with salt. Take a half teaspoon of salt and pour 100 ml of vodka. The resulting solution was needed to drink and not eat. After about an hour it should start to act. In this case, it will be something to eat. If at first vodka with salt didn’t work, it can drink again. A day can’t drink more than 200-300 ml of vodka.
- Vodka with pepper and salt. 100 ml of alcohol, take a half tsp of salt and same amount of red pepper. Mix and drink in one gulp. The stomach needs to fully recover in a day.
Additional information. The same remedy helps to cure a cold. Instead of red pepper you can use black, but in this case, the tool will be more weak.
Can I drink vodka to treat chronic diarrhea? Called chronic diarrhea, not passing more than 3 weeks. The use of any alcohol in this case is contraindicated. There is a disorder of the gastrointestinal tract, as vodka can only aggravate the situation.
Treatment of diarrhea after alcohol
Many believe that diarrhea after alcohol – a harmless phenomenon, so do not begin to treat it. However, in severe intoxication diarrhea can last up to several days. As a result, it may be dehydration. In severe cases, even possible death. In addition, there is a possibility that diarrhea after alcohol because there is a disease of the stomach.
Therefore, it is recommended to visit a doctor to check the patient and, if necessary, prescribe treatment. In the treatment at home necessary to observe a number of the recommendations of the experts:
- Alcohol and diarrhea are two incompatible things, if diarrhea is caused by alcohol intoxication. Although during a hangover, there is a high craving for alcohol, in the presence of diarrhea to drink it is impossible. This can lead to increased symptoms of diarrhea and can cause internal bleeding.
- If you have symptoms of poisoning, need to move quickly to get the remnants of alcohol from the body. For this you need to make gastric lavage, and then taking a handful of tablets of activated charcoal. Well they suck in toxins, in particular, the breakdown products of ethanol.
- A few days after the poisoning should only eat diet food. It is recommended to exclude from the diet of fatty and too spicy foods. They irritate the stomach lining, exacerbating diarrhea.
- You should drink as much fluid as possible. Because during diarrhoea the body is derived a large amount of fluid. Therefore to avoid dehydration, it is necessary to fill.
Folk remedies also help to deal with diarrhea after alcohol. You can cook congee. To do this in a liter of water add about half a Cup of rice and cook until it is tender. The liquid should be cloudy. It needs to be drunk twice a day glass before meal. You can also make rice porridge. The rice should be not completely ready, but a little tverden. Both tools link in the stool, so the stool normalized.
You can also drink a solution of potato starch. For cooking 1 tsp of starch poured with warm water and mix thoroughly. To drink need 1 tablespoon every hour.
To cope with diarrhea helps decoction of pomegranate peels with added honey. To do this, take 2 tbsp dry pomegranate peel, pour them a glass of boiling water. Insist about 2 hours, then filtered. In the resulting liquid, add a tbsp of honey. Drink it small SIPS at a time.
If diarrhea occurs after every alcoholic beverage, you need to think about. After all, it may indicate a dysfunction of some internal organs. Urgently need to be examined. After all, if a person, for example, gastritis, the disease requires a complete rejection of alcohol consumption. And alcohol can cause stomach bleeding, which is very dangerous for health.
Thus, if after alcohol diarrhea started, to postpone the trip to the doctor should not be. Isolated cases of this phenomenon is not dangerous, but if they are observed continuously, this may indicate serious diseases. Delayed treatment can lead to serious consequences.