Diet rotavirus in children and adults – what you can eat
What diet should be observed when rotavirus
Rotavirus infection is a very common infectious disease, the disease is severe and is accompanied by a lot of unpleasant symptoms. But if you adhere to all recommendations and to comply with the requirements of the doctor, much can be done to alleviate the condition of the child and the adult during this period. Important – proper nutrition. Diet rotavirus in children allows you to quickly eliminate the unpleasant symptoms and to cure the disease completely. It is important to know its peculiarities and rules.
What is the danger of the disease
In the initial stages of rotavirus infection is accompanied by sneezing and fever, so it is easily confused with SARS. Diagnosing this disease is quite complex. But it is important to identify as early as possible, because delaying the infection can go into a severe form and cause a lot of unpleasant symptoms.
The transmission of this disease is quick. Infection may occur not only during communication with the carrier, but also during contact with the hygiene and living conditions, as well as through food and water.
At hit of a virus in a healthy person, he immediately gets into the digestive system. First of all, he enters the small intestine, then the colon. The result is diarrhea.
What signs accompanied by rotavirus intestinal infection:
- the increase in body temperature;
- the occurrence of diarrhea;
- severe pain in the abdomen;
- state of weakness and malaise.
The main risk of rotavirus infection is that the diarrhoea observed dehydration. Doctors special diet carried out a full correction of dehydration and completely remove it.
The main purpose of the diet
Diet diet which is indicated for rotavirus and after, provides the following:
- Allows to reduce the load on the digestive organs.
- Food to prevent dehydration.
- Shortens the period of full recovery.
Diet is considered to be the main method of curative treatment, because this viral disease is impossible to eliminate medical methods.
What foods are banned
Since rotavirus infection causes diarrhea, which occurs dehydration is to start is to remove from your diet foods that enhance this process. Children from 2 years and adults should pay attention to some foods which should be excluded from the menu during rotavirus infection:
- Dairy products, because they have irritating effect on the intestine, which in this period is in a fevered state. It is not recommended to use sour cream, cheese, yogurt;
- Heavy food – fried and greasy. Its use has a negative impact on the body.
- Fast food, chips and various desserts.
- Coffee. This drink has an irritating effect on the structure of the intestinal lining and exacerbated her condition. Preferably drinks with caffeine replace juice, water or weak tea.
- In the recovery period should reduce the amount of food consumed. Portions should be small but there are often necessary, up to 5-6 times a day. If no appetite, then you should drink plenty of fluids to 3 liters per day.
- Smoked meats, sausages, salted and canned.
- Porridge made from millet, barley groats, macaroni products.
- Onions, garlic, cabbage, radish.
It is also important to eat right after rotavirus. In a period when the appetite is restored, the child and adult in the menu can include the following types of products:
- home-made crackers from the pulp of white loaf;
- drying and biscuit app type;
- porridge rice, semolina, buckwheat. A little later – oatmeal on the water without butter and sugar;
- soups with low fat content, such as vegetables, and also allowed the secondary broth of meat or fish;
- soups with very soft vegetables and cereals;
- scrambled eggs, steamed or soft-boiled egg, not more than one per day;
- souffles of fish and meat, meatballs, dumplings, meatballs. All these dishes need to be done on a couple of meat it is recommended to use chicken, Turkey, fish – hake, Pollack, cod;
- oven baked apples are not sour;
- puree boiled carrots or potatoes, but they have to be welded on the water. In a smoothie you can’t put butter and milk;
- if there is no diarrhea, it is possible to include in the menu of pumpkin or squash puree;
- 3-4 days added fresh cheese in a shabby condition;
- 3-4 days allowed to consume fermented milk drinks, acidophilus, ACTIVIA, lactobacillin, Bifidok.
During the treatment of rotavirus is important to prevent dehydration, especially a child. For this reason, half of the diet should be liquid. Virus can wash not only conventional and mineral water, also it can be quickly displayed with teas, juices, broths, jellies and other beverages, homemade food.
Should drink as often as possible, but in small quantities. Early in the disease to eliminate the unpleasant symptoms is to drink a solution regidrona. However, due to the fact that this drink has a specific taste, not everyone wants to drink, especially children.
At home you can cook quite a delicious drink with medicinal properties. For a drink you will need the following components:
- Warm water – 1 liter.
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Sugar – 2 tsp
- Raisins – 100 grams.
The raisins should soak it to soft. Then slightly mash, put in a bowl and cover with water. Next, the beaker is placed on the fire. Boil for about an hour. The pan needs to be removed from the plate, the solution should be filtered through gauze material. To the solution are added all the components. Drink again placed on the fire for 3-4 minutes. In the finished drink, you can add chamomile or mint.
We can make the following drinks for children aged 2 to 5 years:
- compotes without sugar, on the basis of dried fruits and berries;
- the jellies are homemade. Jelly can be made from corn starch and water to improve the taste you can add juice or homemade jam;
- the juice of carrots and apples. Apples and carrots should be boiled, then they are ground in a blender, puree. Puree diluted with warm boiled water, add a bit of sugar;
- broth-based rice;
- weakly brewed tea;
- decoctions of chamomile, rosehip, mint.
If the patient is diagnosed with «rotavirus», it is first necessary to assign a certain diet. Diet rotavirus in adults should only consist of allowed foods, and also serves diet menus table No. 4.
The patient in this period can be marked by poor or complete lack of appetite. Not worth it to get there, it is best to give him as much liquid as possible, this will restore the water-salt balance in the body.
Definitely need to follow important recommendations of diet composition:
- Treatment should be based on the increased fluid intake. It is recommended to drink a lot of mineral and ordinary water, and the solution regidrona.
- During the day allowed 5-6 meals. Portions should be small.
- After each meal be sure to monitor the patient’s condition. If he noted the deterioration after consumption of a particular product, it is removed from the diet.
- Powered by rotavirus in children and in adults it is necessary to consider thoroughly. It is recommended to eat light, easily digestible foods with high levels of nutrients.
- Since that time, the patient noted a reduced appetite, all meals should be tasty and appetizing. It is important during this period to diversify the diet, to make it interesting, but at the same time healthy.
- During the day the patient can do porridge with a high level of carbohydrates, vegetables braised or raw. It is desirable to include fruit with a high content of vitamin C, they enhance the immune system.
- To improve the condition of the microflora of the digestive organs need once a day to drink the broth.
- Diet during rotavirus infection usually lasts 5 to 7 days, sometimes a little more, all depends on the dynamics of recovery.
Eating habits after rotavirus
Diet after rotavirus may include a variety of products, but it is recommended to enter them with extreme caution. At the initial stage is to use one product and in small amounts, then gradually increases.
After the rotavirus should not immediately return to normal diet. Especially if he did not comply with proper and healthy eating. It is desirable that this period present a healthy foods with high vitamin contents.
How to eat after this disease:
- in the first period should eat light meals of vegetables, cereals, and also allowed a bit of meat low-fat varieties;
- after the disease organism is weakened, so it is protected from the effects of various stresses;
- in order not to load the internal organs from the diet should exclude all fried, fatty meals, should take nourishing soups with fatty meat, coffee;
- it is recommended to drink fluids and stay in the fresh air.
The peculiarities of nutrition for infants
If rotavirus disease appeared in an infant, it is important during this period to ensure all necessary conditions for comfortable stay. The child should be to give drinking. If he is breastfeeding, it is often applied to the chest. In breast milk have an increased level of useful and nutrients that help the baby to overcome this infection. If the baby is on artificial feeding, it is necessary to drink the mixture, preferably as often as possible. During this period the kid has to use more fluid.
Eating habits kids:
- During exacerbation of the disease should not enter in the menu for more solid foods.
- If the child is on artificial feeding, it is necessary to transfer temporarily on a dairy-free cereal and lactose-free formula.
- Parents need to think carefully about the menu for your child, it should not enter the prohibited products that can greatly harm the baby during this period.
- When composing the menu should be based on the General rules of diet, permitted and prohibited products, but also on the preferences of the child.
Nutrition after rotavirus
In order to completely restore the digestive organs after the disease, for two weeks it is recommended to follow a proper diet. After recovery for this period is to refrain from eating the following products:
- a variety of drinks and meals with a low temperature, for example, ice cream;
- meals from the legumes;
- rye bread;
- porridge of wheat cereals;
- whole milk.
What to feed a child with rotavirus? What can I eat when rotavirus? In these cases you can use special recipes that will help you quickly remove all signs of this ailment.
Souffle of chicken for a couple
For soufflé, you will need 500 grams of chicken breast, one egg, 75 grams of wheat flour, a little salt.
How to make a soufflé:
- the chicken breast should be cut into small pieces;
- spread the meat in the pot, fill with water and boil until tender;
- after that, the chicken is ground in a blender or meat grinder is scrolled;
- ready minced chicken it is necessary to add egg yolk;
- protein is whipped to a state of foam and poured into a mixture;
- pour 100 ml of broth and add flour with salt;
- finished base mix thoroughly, put into the form and cook for a couple.
The jelly of black currants
For jelly you will need 600 grams of black currant, liter water, 75 grams of starch, a bit of sugar.
How to prepare the jelly:
- for a start, washed the berries and RUB through a sieve;
- the resulting juice should be poured into a container and put into the refrigerator;
- the remaining cake is filled with water and placed on the fire. All boiled and filtered;
- the starch should dissolve in cold water and pour in the broth;
- Add the sugar and put to otvarivanija, while constantly stir;
- Pour the juice from the currants in a bowl and proverjaem jelly about 3-4 minutes;
- Remove from heat, let cool slightly and serve.
Purée Apple and carrot
To prepare you need some apples and carrots.
How to prepare:
- Carrots should be well washed, and boil until tender.
- Apples baked in the oven until tender.
- Vegetables and fruits should be placed in a blender and grind to puree.
- Apples and carrots can be wiped through a sieve or mince.
For cooking you can use more tomatoes, carrots, sweet pepper, eggplant.
How to prepare:
- tomatoes should be washed and cut into small slices;
- carrots and eggplant opolaskivaniem and cut into slices;
- pepper clean from seeds and cut into half rings;
- all the components spread on a foil, and wrap a little potseluem;
- put into the oven for 15-20 minutes until fully cooked.
In any case, before you begin a diet, you need to learn all its nuances, guidelines and rules. Rotavirus infection is a serious disease that is accompanied by serious symptoms. You should start the treatment of this disease since the early days. The only way that is able to eliminate this disease is proper nutrition. Therefore it is necessary to learn what foods you can eat during this period and which should be excluded. You must also follow a proper diet after full recovery.