Effect and the beneficial properties of hydrogen peroxide for the person
The benefits and harms of hydrogen peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is a well – known antiseptic agent, which is not intended for internal use. But for some reason many people believe it is useful and effective cure for oral. Online you can find a lot of «interesting» and «informative» articles from so-called healers (doctors will not name them) who talk about the need for acceptance of peroxide inside for the treatment of many diseases, and even cancer. In this article, we discussed the beneficial properties of hydrogen peroxide to humans, the indications and contraindications to its use, the possibility of ingestion.
The description of the drug
Hydrogen peroxide can safely be called the most popular and commonly used antiseptic with which they treat wounds and inflammatory diseases of the skin and mucous membranes.
When hydrogen peroxide comes in contact with damaged skin or mucous membranes, it foams, forming a loose active oxygen. Due to this cleansing wounds from pus and dirt. Also, the foam accelerates stop minor bleeding originating from the damaged capillaries.
Indications for use drugs:
- Purulent wounds on the skin and mucous membranes.
- Stomatitis and gingivitis.
- Inflammation visible mucous membranes.
- Minor bleeding from damaged capillaries on the skin (for example, abrasions).
- Nosebleeds. In this case, the peroxide wetted bandage, which is used for tamponade of the nose.
Contraindications to the use of:
- Individual intolerance to the drug or its components.
- Decompensated severe kidney damage and liver failure of these organs.
- Dermatitis herpetiformis.
- Hyperthyroidism – thyroid disease, accompanied by increased production of its hormones.
Is it possible to take the drug inside
Our people, unfortunately, love to experiment with my health. Due to low confidence in doctors and medicine in General, they are looking for on the Internet, listen to the recommendations of «experts» who don’t have a minimal knowledge of the body. To one of these «legendary» recommendations is welcome peroxide inside.
Unfortunately, many do not mind the possibility of taking the drug inside is not designed for this. The action of hydrogen peroxide in the body is harmful. This, at first glance, safe drug, may cause a large number of acute pathologies and intoxications.
Positive effect of hydrogen peroxide on the human body can only be subject to its external use according to instructions. This preparation is intended for local use.
Hydrogen peroxide in the human body results in the release of large quantities of atomic oxygen. It reacts with gastric juice, when this chemical reaction occurs at the gas outlet.
The resulting atomic oxygen affects the whole body. These bubbles of oxygen are able to be transported by the blood throughout the body. In severe cases, the intoxicated person develops a gas embolism is a lethal condition.
In the case of reception of hydrogen peroxide in a large breeding poisoning is unlikely. But good for the body no will. Hydrogen peroxide for oral administration are not a positive influence.
Reception of hydrogen peroxide in high dilutions, though not leads to poisoning, but also is a dangerous method of treatment. Man, believing in this method of therapy, after reading online that it will help him to get rid of many diseases, stops taking medication prescribed by a doctor, and uses peroxide. The result is a progression of the disease.
Symptoms of poisoning peroxide
Poisoning develops peroxide when used in its undiluted, concentrated form. Symptoms occur almost immediately after ingestion.
The main clinical manifestations of intoxication with hydrogen peroxide include the following symptoms:
- pain in the oral cavity, esophagus and stomach. This symptom develops as a result of burns of the mucous membranes;
- nausea with possible subsequent vomiting;
- rapid breathing, shortness of breath. The person becomes difficult to breathe. This symptom may be the first indication of gas embolism;
- redness of the skin may be cyanotic (bluish) skin on the neck and face;
- palpitations, tachycardia;
- feeling of General weakness, anxiety;
- may appear dizziness, headache;
- disturbance of consciousness.
Upon the occurrence of a gas embolism develop acute chest pain, the person loses consciousness. This may occur convulsive generalized seizures resembling epilepsy.
First aid in case of poisoning peroxide
Poisoning with hydrogen peroxide refers to deadly conditions. Gas embolism can result in death in a short period of time.
In the first place, in case of the use of peroxide inside, you should immediately call the ambulance. Before the arrival of doctors try to help a poisoned person.
The basic components of first aid:
- Let him chug a liter of plain water at room temperature. Then she needed to vomit. To trigger a gag attack is possible by pressure of the fingers on the tongue root. This procedure will help to wash out the stomach and out the greater part of the peroxide.
- Look in the home medicine Cabinet medicines from the group of sorbents. It can be activated carbon, APSCO, POLYSORB, enterosgel. Let the patient make the sorbent, adhering to the recommended instructions of a dosage.
All further assistance will be provided to the ambulance. They will hold hospitalization of victim in toxicology or intensive care unit. Duration, amount of treatment and prognosis will depend on the severity of the patient’s condition, the degree of destruction of the body, the amount of alcohol consumed peroxide and its concentration.
Hydrogen peroxide is a great remedy for local use. It can be used for cleansing wounds from pus, dirt, removing local inflammation and stop capillary bleeding. Taken orally this substance is absolutely contraindicated. Peroxide can cause acute poisoning and lead to gas embolism and death. Do not self-medicate with this drug, relying on the questionable advice of experts. Only a qualified medical care provided by physicians, can help in the treatment of diseases.