Enterosgel coal or charcoal: which is better, whether you can drink at the same time
Is it worth taking enterosgel together with activated charcoal
The absorbent medicines designed to help the body get rid of toxins and accelerate the healing process. Medicine does not stand still, and the drugs, which until recently was irreplaceable, and have many counterparts. Due to the fact that pharmacology is continuously improved, modern sorbents, for example, enterosgel, are soft action and does not harm the natural microflora. Activated carbon, in turn, also continues to enjoy considerable demand. In some cases, it is necessary to take several different adsorbents and whether to use enterosgel and activated charcoal at the same time?
What is activated charcoal or enterosgel
Activated carbon is carbon enterosorbent with a great number of large pores and used in the treatment of dyspeptic disorders from time immemorial. It absorbs toxic substances from the digestive tract and removes them prior to their absorption. In the second half of the twentieth century it can be safely called the most popular among sorbents – he was literally in every home.
Enterosgel is a modern means of adsorption, which is available in pasty form and has a mild and effective action. Jelly drug particles create a more homogeneous structure, which allows it to spread through the gastrointestinal tract and to absorb toxins.
Which drug is better
To understand that better, enterosgel or activated carbon, it is sufficient to consider the characteristics of the impact of these drugs on the gastrointestinal tract.
- Activated charcoal has a more radical effect. Prolonged use of this drug can cause vitamin deficiencies, and dysbiosis. Silicon enterosgel acts selectively and removes from the gastrointestinal tract only toxins and pathogenic bacteria, without affecting natural microflora. In addition, it promotes the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut. It also prevents re-ingestion of malicious metabolites from the blood system and toxic substances from the environment.
- Enterosgel is not absorbed in the intestine and is excreted naturally in half a day in the same form in which it entered the body. Coal, in turn, is able to fix the chair and cause three days of constipation.
- Due to the rough action of activated charcoal may cause damage to the epithelium of the intestine. Enterosgel, in turn, restores its barrier function and prevents the development of endotoxin aggression.
- Due to the high sorption capacity and gel form enterosgel maximum coats the digestive tract, beginning the activity in the stomach. Having a porous structure, activated carbon is adjacent to the walls of the intestine worse. The dosage must be increased, if in the stomach are the remains of the food, as they may interfere with the operation of coal. So it worked faster, before taking it better to wash out the stomach.
- Activated charcoal is contraindicated for people with peptic ulcer of stomach and duodenum, and enterosgel is used for gastritis, and ulcers. However, consultation with a gastroenterologist prior to use of any of the enterosorbent for such diseases is required.
- Enterosgel can be taken by pregnant and even the smallest. It is used in combination with antihistamines in the treatment of allergic reactions. Women during pregnancy and children during infancy to make charcoal is not recommended as it can disrupt the balance of vitamins and minerals.
- Enterosgel is safe and does not cause side effects. In contrast, the coal can first remove the disorder, and then cause constant diarrhea and constipation due to the fact that the drug undermines microflora.
The benefits of modern medicines before means «older generation» there. But it is better to choose: white charcoal or enterosgel, difficult to answer, as he and the other sorbent has a lot of advantages and a similar effect. However, the white coal is a more potent drug compared with enterosgel, which makes it more suitable for adult than for a small child.
Interaction with other drugs
Enterosgel is very often administered it to babies, as it acts gently without damaging the not yet fully formed, fragile microflora of the baby.
Enterosgel not only helps in case of poisoning, he copes with the antigens that caused the allergic reaction or diathesis. So it is often prescribed as together with other antiallergic agents, and separately.
It should be noted that the simultaneous use of enterosgel with certain drugs reduces its effects, so assign the comprehensive drug therapy can only competent specialist.
As for activated carbon, the long-term use of this tool, on the contrary, reduces the body’s resistance, as it sucks out the nutrients. Therefore, this drug is best to take no more than two or three times during the active phase of the poisoning, and nothing more. Taking any drugs together with coal will not give good results – he absorbs everything, so if a person is forced daily to take any special medicines for sickness, it is better to choose a different sorbent. Antibiotics along with coal – it is an explosive mixture, which poses a risk to gut health and immune status of the person as a whole.
The taste and form of production
Among the disadvantages of enterosgel may be noted that he has a not very pleasant taste, which is not the tasteless activated carbon. It coats the tongue, and swallow it immediately problematic, someone taking it elicits retching, as in, unlike smecta, hydrogel Metelkina acid is not sweetened in any additives.
Activated charcoal or white charcoal is produced in pills, enough of them to crush and drink with water, so the aversion to these drugs – a very rare phenomenon. Many people prefer to take these medications because of a convenient form of issue.
The simultaneous use of coal and enterosgel
Based on the foregoing, it becomes apparent that the mechanisms of action of these two drugs are similar, but at the same time differ. The simultaneous administration of these two drugs makes no sense, as he and the other copes with the main purpose – removes toxins.
In any case, it is appropriate to take these two drugs together, can identify only a doctor. Perhaps, in severe poisoning it is necessary. For example, coal quickly fights toxins and helps cleanse the bowel during the acute phase of intoxication, and after, so as not to undermine the flora and the phasing residues of toxic substances, it makes sense to go to the enterosgel and take it up to a full recovery.