Fever in case of poisoning: causes, treatment
How to overcome fever in cases of poisoning
Any poisoning severely undermines human health, especially young children and the elderly. Person concerned about nausea, uncontrollable vomiting and severe diarrhea. In addition to these unpleasant symptoms, can rise to high elevations temperature. Chills when the poisoning is a fairly common phenomenon, caused by hyperthermia and vascular spasm. With a steady deterioration of the General condition it is necessary to call an ambulance.
Types of poisoning
In medical practice there are several types of poisoning, they all occur with the same symptoms:
- Food poisoning occurs due to consumption of substandard products or products contaminated with bacteria.
- Chemical poisoning – causes acid and alkali. This kind of poisoning is possible in case of accidental ingestion of detergents and cleaners that are in every home.
- Intoxication with pesticides – the result of improper handling poisons, which are used in the national economy for the control of insects and rodents.
- Poisoning vegetation – occurs when eating poisonous berries, mushrooms or plants.
- Drug intoxication is a consequence of the use of a large amount of medicines.
- Carbon dioxide poisoning – occurs during fires, when the faults of furnaces and garages, where there is no proper ventilation.
Diarrhea, vomiting, chills, and fever are the main symptoms of all types of poisonings, but there are more danger signs that require immediate attention of medical personnel.
All the symptoms that may be a case of poisoning
Symptoms of poisoning can vary, it depends on the substance, which people were poisoned, and the General state of the immune system of the victim. Signs of intoxication appear after a few minutes in the use of chemicals, but can occur in 12 hours with food poisoning. All possible symptoms are as follows:
- Uncontrollable vomiting – the injured person may vomit every few minutes, which quickly leads to dehydration.
- Neurologic changes – seizures, hallucinations.
- Pain in the abdomen, the stomach and the esophagus.
- The total loss of working capacity.
- Weakness in the limbs and chills.
- High temperature.
- Migraine headache can be so strong that it leads to unconscious States.
- The cyanotic skin and mucous membranes.
If the poisoned person is very bad and it cold, before arrival of doctors you can consult by telephone the ambulance on the subject of what to do first and how to help.
Common causes of chills
Chills in humans occurs because of spasm of the blood vessels, which there are great numbers in the skin of a person. The person thus feels the tremors and spasms in the muscles, cold and quickly covered the so-called «goose bumps». The frequent reason for such condition becomes beginning fever – fever, which occurs when injury or infectious diseases, including in cases of poisoning.
Sometimes fever occurs in the nervous system when a person has chronic stress, fatigue or depression. It is not necessary to exclude the manifestation of so various diseases at an early stage. Chills occur:
- hypertension, which can result in a hypertensive crisis or stroke;
- malaria is a dangerous disease that can have travellers;
- hormonal disorders;
- diabetes mellitus;
- Intoxication, poisoning with the rise of temperature.
Self-treatment in these diseases is best not to engage – it could be life threatening.
Why if poisoning occurs chills
Most often, chills when talking about poisoning intoxication foodstuff. This is a consequence of raising the body temperature up to high levels and dehydration. Chills in treating digestive disorders is a very natural phenomenon. When the penetration into the body of pathogenic microorganisms intoxication arises and the inflammatory process with which a person’s immune system begins to fight. Every body reacts to poisoning in different ways. May be fever, chills, weakness and dizziness. Therefore, fever should only be considered in conjunction with other symptoms.
If a person has a high fever, it is required to stabilize the temperature of the medicines. Use antipyretics in pill or injection.
In severe intoxications is not recommended the use of drugs in syrup or powders. These products contain dyes, preservatives and fragrances that are irritating to the inflamed stomach.
Help with the chills
Specialized treatment chills when poisoning does not require, but to ease the patient’s condition is possible and necessary. When it freezes the victim in case of poisoning you must first lay it comfortably and well cover. First aid is such events:
- hands and feet are surrounded by heaters with warm water. The person must be under constant supervision, as he could have seizures;
- create maximum peace and comfort;
- give antispasmodics to relieve vasospasm.
While in humans, vasospasm, and he was to bring the temperature down is really hard!
Simultaneously with the antipyretic agents can give the victim a pill shpy, which will relieve the spasm and relax the freezing, but it can be done only after consultation with your doctor.
What not to do when you have a fever
Food poisoning, which is accompanied by fever and chills, is strictly prohibited:
- Wiping the patient with ice water to reduce the temperature of the body.
- To disclose.
- Give a cold drink.
- To force the victim to walk.
For the patient must be created optimal temperature conditions, without extremes.
First aid in case of poisoning with chills
Emergency treatment of any intoxication is medical activities listed below:
- Carefully wash out a stomach – do this procedure at home only in the case of food poisoning, drug or vegetation. In other cases you need to use a special probe with a large diameter so as not to aggravate the situation.
- Wash out the intestines – it fits a little salt or honey water.
- Otpaivat affected by a large volume of liquid. You can use non-carbonated mineral water, navaristye compote, jelly, decoction of raisins or dried apricots, in case of poisoning with chills this procedure is doubly relevant.
- The patient is given probiotics, which contribute to the rapid restoration of microflora intestine.
Fluid given to the patient in doses, a tablespoon every five minutes. This will prevent regular bouts of vomiting.
- If worried about a severe headache, which may also appear fever, on the forehead put a cold water soaked cloth. You can give analgesics in tablets, pre-crushing them for best absorption.
After first aid be sure to call the doctor or take the patient to the hospital.
What to pay special attention
The poisoning of all the organs and systems of the body succumb to pathological influence. At a high temperature and chills blood in the capillaries become thinner and may burst. Particularly susceptible groups of people:
- Children of younger age.
- People with allergic reactions in history.
- Pregnant women.
- People of old age.
In case of poisoning with chills these people is strictly forbidden to self-medicate – this can lead to dire consequences!
Possible complications after poisoning with chills
If the patient has a fever, it can lead to malfunction of the cardiovascular system. The capillaries may burst and people will long suffer from hemorrhages under the skin in the form of webs or from the bleeding of different etiology.
Even if the poisoning passed without fever and chills – this does not mean that everything will be without complications. Possible health effects:
- persistent problems with the gastrointestinal tract;
- prolonged migraines;
- chronic jaundice;
If the poisoning was caused by acids, alkalis or fuel, it can lead to perforation of the stomach, with all the ensuing consequences. In this case surgery is needed, but the person is still disabled.
The adult complications are less common than in children, so kids need to be careful to protect from poisoning. But if in cases of poisoning the temperature rises and a fever, you need to immediately call an ambulance.