Flower catchment: poisonous or not
The risks posed to human plant catchment
Columbine or Aquilegia is a perennial plant that belongs to the family Ranunculaceae. People the old call this plant by Orlik. This flower is often seen in gardens and suburban areas. But flora lovers should know that this vegetation is very toxic, especially flowers which can be white, pink, purple, red and blue. People ennoble their flower beds and gardens, not even knowing the flower is Columbine poisonous or not, so there are cases of poisoning.
Aquilegia is fairly widespread and occurs both in the wild and decorative. It grows in deciduous forests, has erect stem that can reach 40 cm Leaves attractive, oval-shaped, somewhat similar to the card cross. The flowers are quite large, five-leaves, beyond the flower spurs, bells. Orlik blooms for a short time from may to end of June.
The causes of poisoning
Poisoning with poisonous grass can be largely inadvertently, this occurs most often with younger children. The causes of poisoning can highlight:
- Children collect bouquets of flowers, and then take hands to the mouth.
- The younger children collect and eat the attractive flowers.
- Adults unknowingly tear the leaves of the plant and prepare vitamin salads.
Intoxication can be in the case of treatment with infusions and decoctions of Aquilegia. Alternative medicine is full of recipes that contain that ingredient, but people do not always stick to the dosage, hoping for a quick result.
It is not recommended to self-medicate, relying only on the recipes of traditional medicine. Before treatment, any folk remedies should consult with a qualified doctor to avoid dangerous consequences.
The signs of poisoning
The catchment is considered a very poisonous plant and if it enters the human body causes a severe form of intoxication, which manifest themselves by such symptoms:
- severe weakness in muscles and joints;
- nausea, which often passes into vomiting;
- persistent dizziness;
- a tingling feeling in the tongue;
- the darkening of the eyes and a sharp expansion of pupils;
- inability to distinguish colors;
- failures in the cardiovascular system.
In severe cases there may be paralysis of the respiratory organs, leading to death.
Emergency care for poisoning
In cases of poisoning with this poisonous plant is affected, you must immediately provide first aid that will minimize the risk of possible complications. The procedure should be:
- Call for an ambulance.
- Washed stomach a weak solution of tannin. If there is no such drug, you can take the crushed tablets of activated charcoal, to cook the slurry and rinse the cavity of the stomach.
- Give the patient a well-beaten raw egg white. If eggs of adequate quality, you can give the patient the jelly, butter or milk fat. All of these products envelop the mucosa.
- Give sorbents – APSCO, enterosgel, POLYSORB or.
- The patient is placed in bed and surrounded with hot bottles.
- Give to drink strong sweet tea or coffee.
The arrived doctors need to tell what kind of plant induced poisoning. If the patient’s condition not severe – can be treated at home, otherwise hospitalityat the victim to the hospital.
Children under 3 years, pregnant women and elderly people in case of poisoning vegetation are treated only in a hospital. This is due to the peculiarity of the immune system and a high probability of complications.
The healing properties of Aquilegia
Industrial pharmacology does not use the analysis as a component for the manufacture of drugs, but in folk medicine it is a poisonous plant found wide application. It is indicated for the treatment of:
- hepatitis of different origin;
- stomach cramps;
- severe coughing;
- painful menstruation;
In addition, the catchment has a good diuretic and purgative qualities. A decoction is used for number of skin diseases. Do therapeutic baths and compresses.
Raw materials harvested in the flowering period, the stems are cut, leaving about 10 cm to the ground, and then dried in a well ventilated area. To prepare the decoction, take a teaspoon of vegetable raw materials, pour a glass of boiling water and insist for about an hour. Then strain and drink a tablespoon 3 times daily, 15 minutes before meals.
The catchment is a very toxic plant, so you need to use it with great caution and only under medical supervision!
To use the recipes of traditional medicine is strictly prohibited for such groups of people:
- pregnant and lactating women;
- children under 14 years of age;
- people who are prone to allergies;
- people who have a number of chronic diseases.
In any case, the treatment watershed can be performed only after weighing all the risks.
The catchment of the ordinary – a decoration of any flower beds, but do not forget that the plant is very poisonous and touching it with your hands is not necessary. If you have small children, these flowers at the site it is better not to plant to avoid trouble.