Flower Euphorbia poisonous room: how dangerous to humans

What is the danger room spurge

How dangerous poisonous potted Euphorbia, known only to experienced growers, for ordinary people who like to decorate the windowsill with beautiful flowers, this plant just home decoration. Euphorbia refers to herbaceous species. This perennial, which has a well-developed root system. To date, there are about 2 thousand species of milkweed, some of them grow only in the wild, others domesticated. These plants absolutely do not resemble each other, but they share one thing – they secrete a poisonous white juice, from contact with which is possible to a lot of problems. This juice is very similar to milk, in General, hence the title of this vegetation.

General characteristics of plants

Milkweed is a beautiful and undemanding plant that is characterized by longevity. In homes, offices and public organizations love decorate belazelkov milkweed, which has a large emerald leaves almost permeated with whitish veins. This plant eventually becomes like a miniature palm tree, as the leaves from the bottom of the stem fall off and be only on top. The flowers of the milkweed blogilates small and white in color, it is desirable at once to tear, to avoid trouble.

There are varieties of milkweed that resemble cacti. Some of them are quite small and do not have thorns. Others are adorned with sharp spines and look quite intimidating.

Euphorbia not only grow in the home, in addition, many species of this vegetation are used to decorate the infield.

Useful properties

Poisonous plant spurge has long been known for its healing properties. You immediately notice that you use it at home undesirable, as there is a big chance to poison. Of Euphorbia can be considered only after specific medical treatment.

Even poisonous properties of this plant found its place in agriculture. It is used for seasonal pest control.

For the needs of the person fit all of the parts are quite dangerous plants, only preliminary they need to properly handle.

The flowers of the plant are harvested in the spring and summer and dried in the sun. The roots are dug in spring or autumn, when there are no flowers, then washed, dried in oven and stored in the refrigerator. The leaves are harvested and then dried on a windowsill or Desk.

The juice of a Euphorbia is allowed to collect in any period, its healing qualities are not dependent on the flowering plants. Assembled in a glass bowl juice heated to boiling on a steam bath, and then stored in the refrigerator.

Spurge has found application in the treatment of many diseases. Basic it is possible to allocate:

  • For skin diseases. Tincture milkweed helps in the treatment of skin ulcers, which heal poorly, warts and fungal infections. Pure juice can not be used, it causes burns. To get rid of these ailments, you need to brew the leaves of milkweed, leave it to drain, and then do the bath. If necessary, dilute the broth with water, its efficiency it loses.
  • For normalization of the digestive tract. Spurge has a mild laxative effect. For this purpose, some roots, and boil them need no more than 10 minutes. After strain through cheesecloth and drink every morning a tablespoon.
  • For the treatment of chronic kidney disease. You can drink the broth, and cook special alcohol tincture, which is added a few drops in water.

To use this vegetation for medicinal purposes is with great caution and preferably after a visit to the doctor. Otherwise, people will never recover, and will receive severe poisoning, the consequences of which will have to be treated for a long time.

Under what conditions can be poisoned with spurge

Milkweed poisoning can occur when accidental or eating any parts of this plant. If the skin got pure juice of the Euphorbia, there burns, sometimes quite heavy. Milkweed poisoning can occur under these conditions:

  • When planting or pruning houseplants.
  • Removal of weeds in a country house, do not forget that many species of this plant grow in nature.
  • Independent production of drugs or the use of liquors that were purchased with it.
  • The preparation of vitamin salads in spring from the young shoots of plants. Many people do not know, milkweed is poisonous or not, so I think that any greens in the spring will help from a vitamin deficiency.
  • Picking up plants abroad and play with him.

The degree of intoxication depends on the amount of consumed plant material, and overall health of the person and features of his immune system.

Young children of any poisoning always occur more heavily than adults. If parents see that with the child something not so, you should immediately go to the hospital. This will avoid mass complications.

Symptoms of poisoning

The main danger that comes from milkweed, is the fact that the use of any part of this plant occurs serious gastroenteritis, which is manifested by such symptoms:

  • headache and dizziness;
  • a cutting pain and a burning sensation throughout the esophagus;
  • cramping pains in the abdomen;
  • nausea, severe vomiting and diarrhea;
  • increased flatulence.

The first signs of poisoning appear after 8-12 hours after the consumption of plants for food. First, there are only indigestion, then the situation is exacerbated by dehydration. The victim observed a strong weakness, dry mucous membranes, fever, decrease in blood pressure and deterioration of the heart.

After absorption of toxic substances into the bloodstream affects the nervous system, manifested by convulsions, confusion and loss of coordination. In particularly serious cases, these conditions culminate in a coma.

The great danger of milkweed is for people who suffer from allergies. Use parts of this plant can cause severe allergic reactions, including angioedema.

When the SAP gets on the skin, there is a strong reaction. The skin reddens, swells, there are blisters. If accidentally splashed some juice in my eyes starts watery eyes, deteriorating eyesight and inflamed conjunctiva. The patient cannot open the affected eye. In some cases it may be temporary or permanent blindness.

Emergency

If it is known that the poisoning caused milkweed, aid have in several successive stages:

  1. Provide to the patient complete rest, both physical and emotional.
  2. Give the adsorbents are in the house. If this is activated charcoal, previously ground into powder and poured a small amount of water.
  3. Give a laxative, it better be the salt, e.g. magnesium sulfate.
  4. Otpaivat patient alkaline mineral water without gas, give milk, jelly and other exciting products.

If the poisonous juice got on your hands, then wash them several times with soap, under running water. Then drink antihistamines at therapeutic dosage. In case of accidental contact of the juice in their eyes are thoroughly washed and buried any eye drop with antihistamine effect.

If the person has used the plant in food or allergies – I need to call the doctor. The consequences can be unpredictable.

What could be the consequences of poisoning

When first aid is provided during and the patient complies with all the prescriptions, from such a poisoning could be cured completely in a few days. In serious cases, or when self-treatment can lead to a number of complications, which include:

  • chronic liver disease and urinary tract infections;
  • gastritis or peptic ulcer disease;
  • failures of the heart;
  • severe allergic reaction;
  • death.

To avoid complications, you should immediately consult a doctor at the slightest symptoms of poisoning.

Milkweed is a beautiful plant that will decorate any home. But it is necessary to exercise extreme caution when caring for them. If you have small children, it is better to give the pot with your favorite flower to relatives or friends. This step minimizes the risk of severe poisoning.

READ  Potassium overdose: symptoms, consequences

MAXCACHE: 0.5MB/0.00075 sec