Green diarrhea in the adult: causes, treatment
Green feces in adult: causes and treatment
If you have changed the structure of the stool or color is a reason to seek medical attention. Green diarrhea in adults is a symptom that may indicate serious diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. If diarrhea lasts long, but the treatment is not carried out, it may be dehydration, which leads to dysfunction of all organ systems.
Causes of green feces
If adult diarrhea of green color, it is often associated with disruption of the intestine. There are the following reasons:
- The impact of treatment of intestinal diseases with the use of antibiotic drugs.
- Digestion, resulting in food stagnates in the gut, fermentation starts. Green bowel movements in many cases are the product of this fermentation.
- If the feces is dark green, this may indicate an intestinal infection. In addition, faecal material was observed, particles of blood and mucus, they have an unpleasant odor. This disease is also accompanied by additional symptoms, which include fatigue, nausea and vomiting, fever. Kal darkens and takes on a greenish hue due to the fact that during the inflammatory process it contains leukocytes in large numbers.
- This symptom sometimes indicates excessive bleeding in the digestive tract. When the blood enters the stomach, it is digested and becomes black. But in some cases, if the oxidation process in the stomach is not completed, it gets dark green color, causing the stool has inclusions that color.
- Diarrhea light yellow or white-green color occurs if there is complete or partial obstruction of the biliary tract.
Causes of green stool is not always rooted in serious diseases. In some cases this phenomenon occurs when a person uses a large amount of colored drinks green. A single manifestation of this symptom should alert, but if he persists, it is imperative to visit a doctor.
Why the poisoning green diarrhea
After the ingestion of different poisons and toxins begins intoxication. As a result, inflamed digestive tract. Irritate the stomach and intestines, which begins to synthesize mucus. In addition, due to problems in its functioning impaired absorption of water, so it enters the intestines, which causes the liquefaction of feces.
This leads to what appears dark green diarrhea with mucus and foam. However, its color may vary from light brown to black, depending on what kind of poison led to intoxication. Green diarrhea usually occurs due to poisoning with drugs, chemicals and heavy metals. Though often, in addition to mucus in the stool are observed undigested food particles.
Usually diarrhea if poisoning develops within 3 hours after penetration of the toxin into the body. However, in some cases, this condition is observed only 3-5 days after intoxication. The duration of the diarrhea depends on the amount of poison trapped in the body, and also the speed of first aid.
If after poisoning the green chair, it can be caused by several reasons. First, usually during the intoxication the person is reduced appetite, so it ceases to eat normally. This breaks the process of digestion and when your diet returns to normal, the intestine is unable to digest the food. Part of it stagnates, rots and ferments, so after poisoning often observed green color of feces.
In addition, if the treatment the patient received activated charcoal tablets, stool will be black and green. Usually this phenomenon is observed only once, and after defecation appearance of the chair is normalized.
Varieties diarrhea green color and their characteristics
There are several varieties of green diarrhea in adults:
- Infectious, which is found in rotavirus infections and inflammatory processes. A characteristic feature of this phenomenon is the presence of inclusions of mucus and blood.
- Alimentary diarrhea green is the result of Allergy to food. It is characterized by a pungent smell and very liquid consistency.
- Toxic diarrhea green in color that occurs during intoxication with heavy metals. Accompanied by fever and an unpleasant taste in your mouth.
- Drug-induced diarrhea associated with dysbiosis caused by antibiotics. It has a yellow-green color.
To avoid overgrowth followed by green diarrhea during a course of antibiotics you must take probiotics, eubiotics or probiotics. The doctor chooses the drugs of the above groups, which are resistant to antibacterial agents.
In many cases, diagnosing a specific disease can be on the mind of diarrhea. Treatment a doctor prescribes only after you determine what provoked this symptom.
Treatment of green diarrhea
To treat green chair you need depending on the reasons for its appearance. If it is associated with the fermentation processes required carbohydrate-free diet. The patient must eat foods that contain a high percentage of protein. These include dairy products, fish, meat, eggs. If the stomach happen putrefactive processes from the protein foods should be completely avoided. In this case, it is necessary to eat fresh vegetables, light cereal, water, fruit.
In the period of exacerbation, when the diarrhea green color is observed several times a day, need to drink plenty of liquids to prevent dehydration. Moreover, you should eat dishes, chopped in the blender, so as not to injure once again the already inflamed intestines.
It is also recommended to take a few tablets of activated charcoal. The dosage is calculated as follows: 1 tablet of the preparation per 10 kg of patient’s weight. Activated charcoal should be crushed and pour a glass of warm water. The resulting solution to drink for one approach.
Medicine is an excellent sorbent, so it sucks up the toxins, after which they are excreted. It is recommended that about 2-3 hours after taking pills to go to the toilet and try to induce defecation. If not, can provoke an attack of vomiting. Thus, from the bowels will display all negative components.
However, if the diarrhea green color appeared due to an infection or virus, then take the pills charcoal should not be. He leads from the gut of useful bacteria responsible for digestion. In addition, it neutralizes the effects of other drugs taken. So if it is to take a period of at least 2 hours before or after taking other drug.
The use of folk remedies
To cure green diarrhea, you can use the traditional medicine. To cope with diarrhea helps garlic. For this purpose it is necessary to eat every hour during the day one prong. Can also be taken every 3-4 hours for a few grams of garlic powder that not only normalizes the stool, but also increases appetite.
Because during diarrhoea the organism appears a lot of liquid, measures must be taken to avoid dehydration. For this you can prepare a special composition with sea salt. Mix 1 tsp salt, 2 tsp of honey and a glass of fresh fruit juice. In another glass mix 200 ml of water and 1 tsp soda. You must drink one throat of each Cup until all the liquid is fully consumed.
Important in the treatment of diarrhea green to remember that independently establish the cause and determine the nature of the disease very difficult. For this you need to pass certain tests, to do a survey. After determining the cause, and where there is green diarrhea, the doctor will prescribe the appropriate treatment. Only by respecting the advice received from a specialist, you can prevent complications and restore the body after severe dehydration caused by diarrhea.