Green feces in adult: causes, help, treatment
What does the emergence of green feces in adult
Green feces in adult can occur for many reasons. But in all cases it appeared to be wary and listen to your body. This symptom can be a sign of severe disease requiring skilled medical treatment. In this article we have considered the main reasons to develop the green chair in the adult, as well as actions required in the appearance of this symptom, the basics of first aid and indications for treatment to the doctor.
Causes of green feces
Normal stool is brown color. This color is provided by the bile pigments. During normal operation of the digestive system, the stool decorated, solid consistency.
Remember that any change in consistency or color of the stool has some sort of reason. But its look can be affected by many factors. Prolonged change of chair should consult the doctor.
Chair green adult can develop for the following reasons:
- Eating foods that affect the color of the chair. It could be green peas, greens, vegetables or products processed green dye. If the cause of the green stool was food, he has formed and firm texture, has a sharp and stinky smell. The emergence of such a chair is not accompanied by any other symptoms. Diarrhea, abdominal pain, and hyperthermia is not characteristic of this condition.
- Salmonellosis. This disease belongs to the group of intestinal infections. It can develop after eating contaminated eggs, meat or dairy products. Salmonellosis can be transmitted from a sick person. This disease is characterized by diarrhea, fever up to 38-39 degrees, abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting. Green stools when salmonellosis is able in a short period of time can lead to severe dehydration.
- Inflammatory diseases of the digestive tract (ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease). Green color of a chair when these abnormalities provide the leukocytes, the cells that are present in the foci of inflammation. In these diseases can rise the body temperature, developing abdominal pain.
- Lactose intolerance. In this disease the human body has no enzyme that digests dairy products. At the slightest their use appears loose stools green in color. The stool can also have the normal color. People with this pathology, is aware of it, and not surprised to see a modified chair after violating the prescription diet.
- Gastro-intestinal bleeding. We all tend to think that under this condition, the chair is black, but it can also be dark green in color. This shade provides the hemoglobin, came into contact in the gastric juice. When gastrointestinal bleeding may also see vomiting black, quickens the pulse, rapidly falling blood pressure, developing weakness and pallor.
What to do in case of appearance of the green chair
If you notice your stool is painted in a green shade, left untreated this condition is not necessary. First you have to figure out what could be the reason for its development.
How to identify the cause
If yesterday you ate something green, for example, greens and polka dots, it is possible to associate this symptom with food, but only if other symptoms are not present. In the event of a change of their well-being need to seek medical help.
Be wary and think about the intestinal infection, particularly when salmonellosis if the stool is liquid and copious, accompanied by pain in the abdomen, nausea and vomiting, increased body temperature.
About gastro-intestinal bleeding need to think in the appearance of dark vomiting, weakness. Also suspect is as follows, if you have a history of stomach ulcer, duodenal ulcer or chronic gastritis.
What to do if you suspect Salmonella
Salmonella is a dangerous infectious disease. A few hours copious diarrhoea may develop severe dehydration and can occur infectious-toxic shock.
First and foremost, if you suspect salmonellosis, it is necessary to call an ambulance. Prior to their arrival have to start putting the patient first aid. It can significantly alleviate the condition of the poisoned person.
Components of first aid:
- Give the patient to drink drugs from the group of sorbents. It may be common activated carbon or the more modern drugs, such as APSCO, enterosgel. Before their admission, review instruction, rules dosing.
- Start to unsolder the patient. You can drink simple or mineral alkaline water. If the poisoned person vomit, you should drink slowly, in small SIPS.
First aid for gastro-intestinal bleeding
This condition refers to a particularly dangerous. The rate of bleeding can be rapid. An ambulance should be called immediately. On the phone explain to the dispatcher the severity of the patient’s condition.
With suspected gastrointestinal bleeding can not give the patient anything to drink and take internally. Any fluid or medication can increase the damage of the bleeding vessel, can lead to increased blood loss.
Before the arrival of the ambulance, put the patient on the bed, under his head a pillow. On the abdomen, in the epigastric area, put cold. It will lead to a slight reduction in vessels and maybe slightly decrease the volume of blood loss.
Treatment of green stool
The extent of medical assistance under the green chair depends on the causes of the disease and the severity of the patient’s condition. When salmonellosis is hospitalized in the infectious Department in case of gastrointestinal bleeding or colitis – surgery. Patients in serious condition, placed in intensive care.
With the development of the green chair it is impossible to refuse hospitalization, proposed by the emergency doctor. Staying at home and self-medicate you are putting your life in danger.
Treatment of salmonellosis consists of diet, antibacterial drugs and intravenous medications to eliminate the symptoms. For gastrointestinal bleeding, it is stop using the gastroscope.
Treatment of colitis is selected by the doctor depending on the severity of the patient. In most cases, it is conservative. In severe cases, shows surgery on the intestine.
A survey in a green chair
To determine the cause, assess the severity of the patient’s condition and the selection of the correct treatment carried out in the hospital laboratory and instrumental examination of the patient. Depending on the clinical picture, it can consist of different methods. Below are their main list:
- General analysis of blood leukocyte formula deployed;
- biochemical examination of blood;
- bacteriological examination of feces or vomit Salmonella;
- ultrasound examination of internal organs;
- CT or MRI of the abdomen;
- blood electrolyte composition.
The list of studies can be reduced or supplemented by the doctor, depending on symptoms and condition of the patient.
In the hospital examination of the patient is conducted in parallel with the provision of the necessary assistance and treatment. Patients in serious condition, is performed first stabilization, then begin to figure out the exact cause of its deterioration.
Green stool can be a symptom of a large number of pathologies. It can also develop by eating green foods. In a broken state, the emergence of additional clinical signs of the disease should immediately seek medical help. Self-medication can lead to serious consequences and deterioration of patient’s condition.