Honey for food poisoning: possible or not

When to use honey in cases of poisoning

Honey contains many vitamins and minerals, but some doctors think this product is a natural antibacterial agent. Sometimes with food poisoning it helps better than modern medicines and allows to quickly restore the weakened body. People have been treated by this medicinal product in ancient times and to this day the honey for food poisoning is used as a proven tool.

The benefits of honey intoxication

Honey is very useful product of beekeeping, which has many healing properties, which are listed next:

  • Antiviral and antibacterial properties.
  • Stabilizes the digestive organs, improves appetite.
  • Contains the necessary calcium, it promotes assimilation.
  • Prevents the growth of the body of viruses, destructive effect on their cells.
  • In the product has iron, which has a positive effect on the entire process of hematopoiesis.
  • Enhances immunity in people of all age groups.
  • Permitted for use in food in patients with diabetes mellitus.

In addition, honey is a great help in various intoxications. It helps quickly restore the normal functioning of organs and systems and gently detoxify.

When you can use honey

For acute symptoms of food poisoning the sweetness should not take it. At this time the person feel really nauseous and vomit, so any food out of the stomach, not even having time to be absorbed. In this case, the product of beekeeping does not bring any good, and only more will irritate the already inflamed stomach.

First aid for food poisoning is in a range of activities that include gastric lavage, purgation and reception of sorbents for neutralization of toxins.

As soon as the acute manifestations in the form of nausea and vomiting will subside, it is possible for the treatment use honey. This does not mean that the sweetness is to eat with a spoon, measure need to know everything.

Contraindications to the use

Even such a useful product of beekeeping, there are a number of contraindications that must be considered. Not all cases this may mean a complete rejection of tasty products, but caution to observe is, if there is such a disease:

  1. Severe allergic reaction to any bee products. If history of adult or child there were cases of edema from the bite of bees or wasps, honey-sweets should be abandoned.
  2. Diabetes. In this disease the med is possible, but they must not be abused, everything must be in moderation and only after consulting with your doctor.
  3. Pregnant and lactating women, the sweetness should be taken with caution, as there is a risk of reception of allergies in children.
  4. No need to give honey to infants. They have not yet finalized the digestive system, so such a heavy product can cause disorders and diathesis.

Children with care give buckwheat honey. This product contains too much iron, so if excessive consumption can be a health problem.

Medicines with honey for food poisoning

Honey is considered a heavy food product. Therefore, people often wonder whether it is a case of poisoning. When used correctly this product has a fruitful impact on all organs and systems of the human body, including the digestive system. It helps to quickly restore electrolyte balance after dehydration and intoxication. In addition, helps to restore the intestinal mucosa and normalization of the intestinal microflora.

READ  Glycine overdose: symptoms and consequences of poisoning

Food poisoning bee product can be eaten in small portions, drinking tea, or making medicines, adding a few other wholesome ingredients.

When the acute phase of poisoning ended affected getting good at soldering to prevent severe dehydration. For this purpose, well-suited with various concoctions laced with honey. In this drink a lot of minerals and it is well perceived an irritated stomach.

  • A decoction of fennel with honey – a glass of water bring to a boil, add a tablespoon of vegetable raw materials. Cover with a lid and allow to infuse for 20 minutes. Then it is filtered, cooled slightly, add a teaspoon of honey and give to the patient. Dill broth for use as fresh and dry, and you can take just the seeds that are sold in the pharmacy.
  • A solution of lemon juice with honey in a glass of Luke warm boiled water add a teaspoon of lemon juice and honey. Stir well and give to the patient. This delicious drink is well invigorates, flushes out toxins and relieves nausea. Give it a drink every 15 minutes in small portions not more than 50 grams.

In addition to medicinal infusions and beverages with added sweetness, you can use other healing tools. Some of them are so delicious that it is hard to imagine that they can help in case of poisoning.

  • Baked apples with honey – green varieties of Apple and remove the core in the middle of a teaspoonful of honey and baked. Can apples cut into slices and pour honey, and then bake. This dish offered the patient a few days after the poisoning. It helps to quickly restore power and promotes healing of the gastric mucosa.
  • Dried fruits with honey – dried apricots and prunes shredded in a grinder or blender, add honey, the mass was similar to thick cream. Is delicious the drug given to the patient after poisoning, as a vitamin and mineral enriched medium.
READ  Poisonous flowers and plants in your garden

When the intoxication occurred as a result of the interaction of the skin with poison, and here as a emergency you can use a sweet product. A teaspoon of honey diluted in a glass of cool water, moisten a cotton cloth and apply on damaged skin.

Honey for the treatment should be used with caution, especially when it comes to young children. It is advisable before starting treatment to consult with your doctor on the subject of the expediency of application of bee products in a particular case.

How does honey in cases of poisoning

Food poisoning people suffering from severe dehydration caused by prolonged vomiting and diarrhea. In this case, the body loses a large amount of nutrients, the mucosa of the digestive organs becomes thinned, disrupted the normal work of the intestine.

Med quite positive effect on the human body, it promotes rapid recovery of damaged organs and systems. If you eat bee products after food poisoning in reasonable quantities, then after a short time, you can forget about any problems with digestion.

If after helping the patient’s condition has not improved or has become worse, you should definitely call an ambulance or bring the sick person to the nearest hospital.

In some cases, it is possible to poison with honey

In some cases it is possible to poison with honey, it must be considered in the treatment of food poisoning-product of beekeeping. The deterioration of the patient may in the cases listed hereinafter:

  • Products of poor quality, in its composition contains natural sugar and additives.
  • Nectar was collected in areas where poisonous plants grow.
  • The honey season is rare. You need to remember that this product can be rare only in the spring and summer, after it needs to crystallize and that’s fine. Liquid nectar in the winter – a sign of multiple heating of the product, after this procedure, the product formed carcinogens.

It is not necessary to buy nectar in restricted areas of sales and hands. This can lead to severe poisoning and persistent poor health.

People usually panic and don’t know what to do first if a family member got food poisoning. Some try to remember the rules of first aid in this case, the second run through the neighbors in search of advice and medicines. It is possible not to worry and not to fuss, and think about honey, which can in a short time to recover after food poisoning. The main thing – do not abuse this product, and it will bring only benefits.

READ  Home ficus: poisonous or not for human

MAXCACHE: 0.41MB/0.01182 sec