How to make aluminium phosphate gel in case of poisoning: user manual
Application fosfalyugel for poisoning
Aluminium phosphate gel is a medicinal drug that belongs to the group of antacids. It is widely used in the treatment of food poisoning, helps to restore the mucous membrane of the stomach, eliminates many of the symptoms. In this article, we looked at how to take fosfalyugel in cases of poisoning, the effect of this drug, contraindications for its reception.
The description of the drug
Aluminium phosphate gel is a popular antacid. It is available in portioned sachets of gel. To purchase it at the pharmacy doctor’s prescription is not needed. Active ingredient – aluminum phosphate.
Fosfalugel lowers the acidity of gastric juices, eliminates heartburn, nausea and vomiting, caused by irritation of the mucous membrane. Also, this drug helps to cope with diarrhea.
Please note that the aluminium phosphate gel is to be appointed by the attending physician. Self-medication could be dangerous to health or simply ineffective.
This drug is only used for short-term use. System when it is applied it can cause aluminum encephalopathy, chronic brain damage.
Efficiency fosfalugel in the treatment of poisoning
Aluminium phosphate gel is often prescribed to people with food poisoning. It helps them to get rid of most of the symptoms and easier. This drug affects the body, its action is described below:
- Coats the stomach lining, thereby protecting it from hydrochloric acid and toxins. When using fosfalugel for poisoning food it accelerates the healing of the gastric mucosa, thus preventing the development of chronic gastritis.
- Adsorbs toxins, pathogens and poisons, which caused the poisoning. This drug acts as a sorbent, it neutralizes and absorbs like a sponge hazardous substances.
- Reduces the acidity of gastric juice, which often increases in cases of poisoning by food and alcohol.
- Curbs nausea, vomiting and a feeling of heartburn. Aluminium phosphate gel from vomiting helps if this symptom is caused by irritation of the gastric mucosa. Vomiting caused by other factors such as pancreatitis, or Central nervous system, it will not help.
- Eliminates the diarrhea. This effect is achieved by absorption of toxins.
- Removes pain in the stomach.
The dosage and frequency the drug should be discussed with the doctor and then clarify in the instructions for use. If you’re not sure and do not fully understand the rules of taking this medicine, do not hesitate to ask the doctor and discuss with him hard for you to understand the moments of the treatment.
Features of the drug in children
Aluminium phosphate gel may be administered in cases of poisoning children. It is approved for use from birth. Features of dosing for treatment of the child, be sure to discuss with your pediatrician or a pediatric infectious disease specialist, a gastroenterologist.
This tool is used for symptomatic children with vomiting and diarrhea caused by food poisoning.
Remember that the prolonged and systematic administration fosfalugel with vomiting in a child or in the treatment of other manifestations of foodborne diseases is prohibited. Aluminium, included in its composition, may cause inhibition of mental development of the baby. Treatment with aluminium phosphate gel for 2-3 days is absolutely safe for the baby.
The use of medications during pregnancy
Aluminium phosphate gel can be used to treat food poisoning in pregnant women and during breastfeeding of the child.
According to studies, it is completely safe for women in this period. It does not penetrate into the fetus through the placenta and does not get into breast milk.
Contraindications to the medication
Aluminium phosphate gel while food poisoning can be taken only in the absence of contraindications to it. There are conditions under which the use of this drug is strictly prohibited. These include:
- allergic hypersensitivity to the drug or any of its components. If after the first dose medicines appeared on the skin itchy rash, red spots, you should immediately discontinue its use and seek doctor;
- acute or chronic renal failure. This medicine is excreted by the kidney, their pathology may cause toxicity in the body and significantly disrupt their functionality and performance, to lead to the progression of renal failure;
- continuous administration of cardiac glycosides and drugs iron. With these drugs it is forbidden to combine the aluminium phosphate gel.
Analogues of the drug
While treatment of food poisoning you can use other drugs from the group of antacids, analogues fosfalugel. These include the following medications:
Remember that the rules of admission and dosing of the analogues can differ from fosfalugel. Before applying you should carefully read the instructions.
What is the treatment of poisoning
During the treatment of poisoning using one fosfalugel enough. Therapy should be comprehensive, aimed not only on symptoms but also on the removal of intoxication with infectious agent, recovery of all organs and systems.
Patients with poisoning mild can be treated at home under supervision of attending doctor. All medications and diet details are discussed with him. Treatment of severe poisoning is conducted in an infectious hospital or in intensive care. If the cause of intoxication was chemicals, poisons or alcohol, the patient hospitalityat in toxicology.
The light poisoning treatment at home can consist of the components listed below:
- Diet. For the duration of therapy should completely refrain from alcohol, fried, fatty, smoked and spicy. You can have it cooked with water cereals, low-fat boiled meat, chicken broth, dried bread, baked apples, bananas, steamed vegetables.
- Drink plenty of liquids. Patients may be given tea, mineral water, broth hips. All drinks must be free of gases and neutral temperature.
- Sorbents (activated carbon, smectite, APSCO, sorbex, enterosgel). These medications are necessary to detoxify the body.
- Antispasmodics (no-Spa, drotaverine), which help to relieve painful spasms in the abdomen, intestinal colic.
- Antibacterial drugs that are prescribed for laboratory confirmation of an intestinal infection.
- Enzymes (CREON, Mezim, pankreatin) – drugs to regulate digestion.
In the treatment of severe poisoning in hospital therapy may include droppers with solutions to reduce intoxication. In cases of poisoning by certain chemicals, administered antidotes.
In the case of severe lesions of the internal organs of toxins shown hemodialysis – cleansing the blood using a special apparatus.
Aluminium phosphate gel is an effective treatment for poisoning. He should be appointed by the attending physician. This drug helps to get rid of stomach pain, heartburn, nausea and vomiting. It can be taken by pregnant or nursing women, young children. In pharmacies you can find many analogues of this drug, they all have different rules dosing. Treatment of food poisoning also includes diet, excessive drinking and various drugs.