How to restore memory after anesthesia, effects of anesthesia on memory
The main method of restoring memory after General anaesthesia
Any surgery is a incredible stress to the body. For a long time it was believed that the use of anesthesia is a reversible effect that does not cause serious harm to the body. Memory loss that is often a consequence of the use of such anesthesia, was associated with individual characteristics of the organism. Today, a direct relationship between these phenomena and the main reasons for such amnesia. Anyone facing an operation, it is necessary to examine the question of how to restore memory after anesthesia.
The main causes of postoperative amnesia
After surgery patients often suffer from insomnia, panic attacks, unreasonable anxiety. The effect of anesthesia on memory is also negative. The reasons for this phenomenon may be the following circumstances:
- During the administration of an anesthetic drug, a sharp decrease in blood pressure. Thus there is episodic ischemia of the cerebral cortex. Subsequently, circulation is restored, but the memory in it may suffer.
- Under the action of the drug is disruption of the balance between molecules that are located in magnaromagna space. This starts the process of destruction of neurons, which leads to the development of amnesia.
- During preparation for surgery, the specialists sometimes apply immunomodulators and drugs to eliminate inflammation. In combination with General anesthesia that leads to temporary memory loss.
Memory loss after anesthesia is not observed in every patient. In this regard, experts have identified several factors that contribute to this postoperative complication:
- The use of large dosages of painkillers.
- The age of the patient. In older people this problem occurs much more often.
- Prolonged stay under anesthesia.
- Too extensive injury.
- Insufficient analgesia before surgery.
- The low level of intellectual development of the patient.
- The development of complications during the operation.
In the presence of such factors must be carefully considered in the preparatory phase of the operation. Definitely need to consult with experts.
After analyzing the possible causes of the development of amnesia, you can develop a proper rehabilitation program. Compliance with all recommendations of the doctor is an integral part of the therapy.
The basic rules of memory recovery after anesthesia
Recovery of memory after General anaesthesia may take many months. A key role in this process is the compliance with a healthy lifestyle. Must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Is strictly prohibited the use of alcoholic beverages. They have a toxic effect on the brain and vascular system.
- Try to spend more time outdoors. Shown easy gymnastics, swimming and Hiking.
- To solve memory problems will help change the situation. Doctors recommend to carry out the rehabilitation in a sanatorium.
- Proper sleep and rest. Need to sleep at least eight hours a day.
Adhering to a healthy lifestyle, it is possible not only to quickly restore memory, and improve overall health.
General anesthesia negatively affects all body systems. At first after surgery you should drink plenty of fluids. The first meal is possible only after five hours after the intervention. It must be a liquid food, e.g. soup. To recover quickly after surgery, you must follow a special diet. When planning, consider the following recommendations:
- Eat as many vegetables and fruits. Pay special attention to those which help to strengthen blood circulation and stimulates the brain. The menu must consist of greens, various fruits, nuts, Aronia, blueberries.
- Cook meals from low-fat varieties of fish. It is best to bake them in the oven or boil.
- For the first time after the operation is forbidden the use of whole milk, carbonated beverages, and foods rich in fiber.
- The menu can include soups, dishes of chicken and Turkey, cereals and desserts. Good effect gives the use of boiled rice.
- Avoid meats, fatty, fried and spicy food. Minimize the use of spices and salt.
To develop a diet program, together with the doctor. Harmful is overeating and prolonged fasting. It is best to eat small portions five times a day.
The diet should be supplemented with the correct drinking regime. On the day you need to drink at least two liters of pure water.
Exercises that will help to quickly restore the memory
Amnesia after surgery can pass without the use of drugs. To accelerate this process will allow a variety of exercises. The most effective of them are:
- Quickly restore brain function will allow a long conversation. Try to build a long rosary phrase. If you cannot find a companion, you can talk to your reflection in the mirror. Most importantly, to teach such classes as often as possible.
- Solve more crossword puzzles and various puzzles. Even the most simple logical tasks have a stimulating effect on the brain.
- Read as many books as possible. Do it best in the morning and evening. Before bed, try to perform the entire read the information, remember all of the details described in the books events. You can dream up and put yourself in the shoes of the protagonist of the work.
- Fast memory will help mathematics. Try to keep more calculations. For example, you can look out the window and count how many people passed by. This exercise is especially recommended during a trip in transport, as the window there is a rapid change of different events.
- A beneficial effect on memory is having a game of chess.
- Excellent results give breathing exercises. The simplest of them is the alternation of deep inhalation through the nose and exhaling through the mouth. This will allow you to saturate the blood with oxygen and increase blood circulation.
The key to success will be the regular execution of all exercises. It is best if the entire recovery period with the patient would be his closest people. This will help to hasten the time of recovery.
Folk recipes to restore memory
To improve the functioning of the brain and restore the memory by using the funds made from natural herbal ingredients. Among the most effective recipes are:
- A small piece of ginger grind, separete it in a Cup of boiling water. In the resulting tea, add a few leaves of fresh mint and lemon balm. Divide the tool into two equal portions and drink throughout the day.
- Chop a head of fresh garlic. Pour the resulting slurry Cup vegetable oil and leave for about three weeks. To use this tool you need a teaspoon with a few drops of lemon juice three times a day. This is best done before a meal.
- In the evening put in a thermos for one tablespoon of sage and mint. Pour half a liter of boiling water. Leave on all night for steaming. In the morning will only strain the prepared tea and take it 50 ml throughout the day.
- A spoonful of dried and powdered bark phoenicea Rowan pour a glass of boiling water. Cook on low heat for about 10 minutes. After that, the tool needs to sustain for six hours, and strain. Take a spoonful a day at least a month.
Such remedies may have side effects. Before applying, be sure to consult with your doctor.
If the above methods do not help, experts recommend to resort to drugs. There are several groups of such drugs:
- Nootropics. It’s the psychotropic drugs that improve memory, increase efficiency, normalize blood circulation in the brain. The most effective drugs are piracetam, nootropil, fezam, Vinpocetine and others. These drugs can be taken only under the supervision of a doctor. It is necessary to adhere strictly to recommended dosage.
- Vitamin complexes. Memory to a greater extent influenced by sufficient consumption of vitamin E. This substance must necessarily enter into the composition of the selected drug.
- Products based on Ginkgo biloba. This plant has long been famous for its ability to stimulate the brain. At the pharmacy you can purchase pure extract of Ginko biloba, and comprehensive preparations on its basis.
- Glycine is one of the most inexpensive and effective drugs designed to stimulate the brain. It has virtually no side effects and contraindications. Requires long-term use, not less than three months.
Anesthesia affects the brain. So after the surgery you will need to make every effort to recover the memory. A comprehensive approach to this issue allows you to quickly deal with the problem.