How to treat vomiting in a child how to help your child
Treatment of vomiting in children of different ages
Vomiting is a protective response of the body and is aimed at removing from the intestines of pathogenic organisms caught in it in different ways. Many people wonder how to treat vomiting in a child? There are many different ways, but you should consult with a specialist before using each of them.
Treatment of vomiting in infants
If the gag reflex came to a baby under 1 year, it is necessary to call an ambulance. This condition can be very dangerous for children. While doctors will come, it is necessary to render first aid. For this purpose it should be put on the right side and to follow him. You can also pick him up and keep in a vertical position.
If the baby is lying on the back, vomit may enter the respiratory tract. It can cause asphyxia, the child will die.
It is very important that before the ambulance got there the kid got as much liquid as possible. To gain bottle of boiled water and add honey as a sweetener. Children’s bodies are very dehydrated quickly, which can lead to violation of functions of some vital organs. To give your baby need to drink as much and as often as possible (at least 60 to 120 ml after each bout of vomiting). If the baby drank the specified amount of liquid but still thirsty – you should give him another solution.
Sometimes in the vomit contained blood. In this case, the baby’s tummy should put an ice cube, which will contribute to narrowing of blood vessels due to which bleeding stops. Drinking baby you cannot give.
Treatment of infants is necessarily performed in the condition of the hospital and under strict medical supervision. The use of folk remedies in this case is prohibited.
Treatment of vomiting in children 1-3 years old
If vomiting in a child of 1 year, it is necessary to conduct such treatment:
- To adjust the food baby. It is desirable to include in his diet more meat, dairy products and vegetables. At the time of illness should be excluded sweets, as under their influence vomiting and diarrhea can only increase.
- If symptoms persist for more than 4 hours, you should give baby drinking a solution that restores water-salt balance in the body. To do this in 2 l of water dissolve 2 tsp of salt and soda and add 4 tbsp of sugar. Water the baby needs 2-3 tablespoons of the solution every 10-15 minutes.
- If the child vomited after consuming the drink, it is recommended again to allow him to drink the solution.
Sometimes children don’t like the taste of cooked means. If the baby vomits more than 4 hours and refuses to drink the solution, it is necessary to call medical assistance.
The treatment of a child aged 2-3 years can be carried out with the use of drugs. Be sure all funds must appoint a physician. Some medicines are not suitable for children of a particular age, which can lead to overdose or intoxication. Prescription of medicines is possible only after doctor will determine the cause of the vomiting. Commonly prescribed drugs such:
- Metoclopramide or motilium is an antiemetic medications that are safe for children from 1.5 years.
- Ibuprofen or tempalgin, which are assigned if the baby suffers from pain in the tummy.
- Enterosgel, smectite or activated carbons are sorbents that have a local impact. They envelop the mucous membrane of the intestines, whereby the blood is not absorbed toxins and microbes. At the same time, the adsorbent particles suck in unwanted microflora, which subsequently excreted by natural means.
Preferably 2-3 hours after ingestion of sorbents, the baby threw up or went to the toilet. Due to this, they will be withdrawn. Otherwise the effect from the use of medications will be the opposite – start the digestion products, so they sucked the toxins will again be in the intestine.
Treatment of children 4-5 years
To cure vomiting in children 4, 5 or 6 years, you need to apply the same tactics. Since the age of four, in addition to medicines, you can use traditional medicines. Of course, it is mandatory to consult a doctor before using any drug. Moreover, it is recommended to combine both types of facilities (medical and popular), to achieve maximum effect in a quick period.
So, traditional medicine offers the following methods used for the treatment of vomiting:
- Excellent to deal with unpleasant symptom helps the ginger. Immediately after the child began to tear, he should be put in the mouth cube of ginger. The baby needs to dissolve for at least 10 minutes. Also it is possible to make tea – take 1 tsp of grated ginger and pour it a glass of boiling water, leave for 10 minutes and strain. To improve the taste of tea is recommended to add 1 tbsp of honey and 1 tsp of sugar.
- Tea made from lemon peel also helps to treat nausea and vomiting in children. To make it, take the zest of one lemon and pour a glass of boiling water, then insist to cool down. Then filter and give drink to the child. The resulting tool you need to give the kid 50 ml. It quickly eliminates vomiting and nausea.
- The sauerkraut brine not only stops the vomiting, and restores intestinal flora after suffering a poisoning. Due to the high content of vitamin C, this tool enhances immunity. Relief will bring just a few SIPS of the brine. If he refuses to drink, you need to offer him to eat a few leaves of sauerkraut.
- To cope with vomiting also helps starch water. To do this, take 1 tbsp of potato starch and pour a glass of boiling water. After cooling drink the drug in one gulp. This remedy coats the stomach wall, thereby prevents irritation, reduces the probability of absorption of poisons and toxins in the blood. In addition, starch water reduces pain in the stomach.
You can also give the baby to drink the juice of one potato. To do this, take one medium size potato with skin, well washed. Then squeeze out the juice. Means, you must drink one SIP. If the baby refuses to drink it, you can add a bit of salt. The juice is great and eliminates nausea and helps to cope with stomach spasms.
Action after vomiting
Often mothers the question arises: what to do after vomiting, the child stopped? Within a few days after that you need to follow a few recommendations.
The baby needed gentle food. From his diet excludes fatty and spicy foods and fresh fruits and vegetables. Food should be as light – soups and porridge. You can also drink herbal tea or jelly. To adhere to this diet is necessary in order not to irritate the already irritable bowel. Extension of a child’s diet need to be gradual. It is advisable to feed him little but often.
Also, you should continue fluid replacement in his body. To this end, it should be given rehydron or a solution of 2 liters of water, 2 tsp salt and baking soda, and 4 tablespoons sugar. The acceptance of the solution continued for 4 days after the vomiting.
Thus, the treatment of vomiting in children is a very responsible process. But to hold it is necessary only under the strict supervision of a physician.