How to withdraw lead from the human body
Lead in the body: diagnosis and ways to bring
Lead is included in the group of toxic poisons that affect the body’s cells, destroying the protein. The molecules of the metal binding to protein disulfide group, provoke the destruction of the tertiary structure of the protein (denaturation). This is considered a key cause of their death and the occurrence of inflammatory processes in the tissues. Poisoning with this metal is considered the most common form of intoxication, so it is very important know how to take the lead from the body before he did not cause serious consequences, sometimes irreversible.
How to determine lead poisoning: symptoms and diagnosis
Intoxication with lead compounds are insidious. The insidiousness of it is that the symptoms of the person does not feel. It can be quite a long period (sometimes decades) to feel quite well, not having the slightest suspicion that detoxification of the body has already occurred. To detect lead in the human body can only diagnosis. But knowing of the pathways of metal, you can protect yourself from poisoning.
Lead can get inside:
- By air. First the nose, then into the lungs then throughout the body. Cause is the use of household chemicals, paint fumes and so on. In this case, the percentages of lead compounds in blood is about 30%.
- Through the stomach (alimentary). The case is unlikely, but is the place to be. To to alimentary poisoning, you need not to wash hands after contact with paints, crayons, household chemicals. Poisoning with this method can cause disorders of the digestive system. The chance of poisoning up to 15%.
- Contact. This refers to the direct human contact with toxic substances. Here, the lead penetrates through the skin and through mucous membranes and inhalation of vapors or dust. If the employee does not use safety goggles, gloves, overalls and respirator.
According to toxicologists, high risk of lead poisoning in cities with industrial enterprises. In their waste and smoke accumulates a large concentration of lead. The air in these areas is very difficult and extremely dangerous to health. A pair of metal tend to settle and their greatest concentration is at a distance of 1 meter from the surface of the earth.
The most dangerous factor is considered constant contact with this dust, which leads to intoxication in the chronic form.
The effect of lead on the body
Lead is considered to be polytropic toxic substances, therefore, getting into the body, acts simultaneously on several vital systems and organs. Lead in the human body becomes the cause:
- headaches, and constant;
- excessive fatigue;
In chronic poisoning may cause:
- reduction of intellectual abilities;
- development of gout;
- diseases of the kidneys.
Earn a «lead intoxication» at risk people of the following professions:
- miners and ore handlers;
- employees printing;
- painters, plasterers;
- working for the production of accumulators;
- manufacturers of coatings;
The most dangerous profession:
- the cable guy;
- painter ;
In companies that use lead or its compounds must exist specially designed preventive and Wellness programs. This should be considered when applying for a job.
Symptoms of lead intoxication
Signs of this poisoning are very different in degree and manifestation. It depends on the age, the amount of metal trapped in the body. Besides, not everyone they manifest immediately. Development stages of poisoning:
- Begins intoxication like most ordinary ailments. The body quickly gets tired, skin pale, lose their appetite, appear constipation. Emotional tension at this stage is very high.
- The symptoms of the next phase, insomnia, memory loss, sudden behavioral changes, which were not previously observed. Mental development in children and in adults the activity slows down. New information to understand and accept getting heavier.
- Severe poisoning is characterized by the emergence of «lead colic» (a very strong pain in the abdomen), excessive weakness, clumsiness, vomiting.
Severe poisoning often leads to the development of lead encephalopathy. There is already a violation of coordination of movements, decreased visual acuity, appears excessive and very frequent anxiety, there is sometimes a loss of consciousness, turning into a coma.
Diagnosis of lead poisoning
Diagnosis – «lead poisoning» is impossible without a detailed diagnosis of the body. It allows doctors to establish the localization of lesions in organs and systems. Diagnosis includes the following procedures:
- A blood test (detailed). Allows you to set the lesion and inflammation.
- Urine analysis (General). Need to set the health of the kidneys. In the presence of acute hemolysis, the body develops hematuria – blood admixtures in the urine.
- Analysis of blood biochemistry. Need for diagnostics of liver, kidney and pancreas. With it, doctors can determine the pH level and electrolytes in the blood.
- A blood test for lead. This study is necessary to confirm the high metal concentration in the body.
- Ultrasound. Assigned to determine the pathological changes of certain internal organs and systems, if a doctor has a suspicion.
- Electrocardiogram. Allows you to properly assess the health of the heart, to detect violations destructive processes and rhythm.
- A chest x-ray. Shown during intoxication of lead pairs in the picture are clearly visible the lesions themselves and the bronchial tissues.
- Blood pressure monitoring throughout the day. Appointed in obvious hypertension. In severe forms of poisoning blood pressure may rise to critical values.
Medical treatment for lead poisoning
First medical assistance in case of intoxication with lead should provide the doctors. Prior medical history collect and verify on the spot: blood pressure, pulse, respiratory rate, saturation (saturation of oxygen). Only then the doctors start the second phase of medical care:
- Installing a drip with vitamins and glucose.
- Connect patient to oxygen mask.
- Gastric lavage, if the patient swallowed the lead.
- Adjust pulse, pressure and respiration.
After these procedures, the victim transporterowych in toxicology the hospital for further treatment and diagnosis.
The stages of treatment of lead poisoning:
- Etiologic. Therapy aimed at the elimination of lead from the body of the victim in the shortest possible time.
- Pathogenic. Here is the recovery of the body, the elimination of the clinical picture observed in a patient at the current time, the treatment of those systems and organs that have suffered the most. Most often, lead poisoning affects the kidneys, liver, heart, brain.
- Symptomatic. Considered fixing stage aimed at relief of residual signs of intoxication – hemorrhages in the eyeballs, tremor of the limbs.
After the full course of treatment of the victim losing control tests.
How to withdraw lead from the body: proper nutrition
Poisonous lead in human blood is always present, if it is at risk. Output of metal you can own with proper nutrition. There are several ways of independently derived, though not completely, the metal from the body:
- To include in the diet more fresh vegetables, berries and fruits. Eat properly balanced to consume dairy products, marmalade and candy from natural fruit.
- Every day, take vitamin complexes in the form of tablets. They are safe, of good appear in the urine.
- Ordinary beets contains flavonoids, which are able to decontaminate low molecular weight group of toxic poisons.
- To include in the menu cooked rice. It is able to adsorb lead and other heavy metals, removing them from the body naturally.
- Seaweed contains alginates. They can decontaminate heavy metals.
- Potatoes, namely the starch contained in it also adsorbs toxins heavy. This property of the potato has long been known, having proved its effectiveness, is used in modern times.
- A decoction of oats contributes to the rapid elimination of toxic poisons from the body outward.
Recommended for lead poisoning to include in the diet as well: apples, raspberries, apricots, pears, blackberries, sloes.
Well increase the body’s resistance:
To monitor their health should not only people at risk, but also ordinary citizens. To get the toxic metal can the body not only in manufacturing, but in any place of the city. Regular cleaning is not a privilege but a legitimate need. Everyone should know in order to preserve the health to follow these requirements. But first consult with your doctor.