Infrared sauna: benefit, harm, contraindications
Use visible and hidden damage to infrared saunas
Infrared saunas are invented in Japan and quickly gained popularity around the world. They are used in medical institutions for therapeutic purposes, fitness centers and beauty salons. So people are interested to know what the benefits and harms of infrared saunas, its impact on human rights.
What is infrared radiation and its effects on the body
Infrared radiation – electromagnetic waves that transfer thermal energy. In nature, it is 50% of sunlight. Infrared rays are invisible to humans, but the body is able to feel the heat emanating from the object, which they heat.
Infrared heat energy is wrongly identified with radiation rays (ultraviolet light, x-rays). Devices that emit such energy, incandescent bulbs, lasers, gas discharge lamp.
Penetration of the waves through the living tissue is 4 cm, providing them warming up. The action starts from the first minute. The pores on the skin open, intensive sweating. This process improves the physiological processes in organs and systems:
- increased blood flow;
- improvement of the tissue microcirculation;
- normalization of metabolic processes at the cellular level;
- providing trophic (feeding) tissue;
- toxins, slags;
- activation of the immune system.
Thanks to the deep penetration of infrared heat has a detrimental effect on pathogens in the body.
Infrared heat is safe for humans. It is transmitted in three main ways: convection (through air, water), contact (in contact), the wave (the direct effect of waves).
The use of infrared saunas
Unlike steam baths, an infrared sauna does not heat the surrounding air. The heat is sent directly to the human body. Due to the high penetrating power of the thermal energy has a powerful healing effect.
The therapeutic value of infrared radiation:
- Cardiovascular system – reducing the risk of heart attacks and strokes due to the withdrawal of cholesterol from the bloodstream and strengthen the elasticity of the vascular walls, stabilization of arterial pressure, improvement of blood circulation and oxygenation of cells.
- Excretory system – due to high sweating the load is removed from the kidneys, prevents stagnation of lymph (lymphatic drainage effect).
- The nervous system, eliminates muscle and headaches, stabilizes the psychological condition, provides good sleep, removes stress and nervous stress, improves the quality of life.
- Immune system – increases the body’s resistance to viruses, bacteria, accelerates the process of regeneration (heals faster cuts, fractures).
Infrared sauna is indicated for patients with chronic diseases of the respiratory system. The heat prevents the development of relapse and recurrence. Given the versatility of the action of infrared waves, it can be argued that they contribute to the improvement of the person.
How infrared bath
Externally, the device is presented in the form of a cabin of small size. Material for the manufacture of natural wood doors. Infrared emitters are built into the seats and walls. The size and capacity of the cabin is different from one person to five. Heating is provided from the mains.
Minimum cabin temperature 35 °C, maximum humidity 60%. The most comfortable and safe temperature regime of 50 °C.
The effectiveness of infrared cabins due to the special microclimate in which the temperature difference on a vertical is reduced to zero.
The sequence of effects of electromagnetic waves on the body:
- The first 10 minutes the skin accumulates heat. At this time the sweat is negligible. The body temperature rises to 38 degrees, the health of the person remains normal.
- Then begins the intense sweating, increases blood circulation and metabolism.
- After 25 minutes of the session of the physiological processes are on the decline.
The procedure lasts less than 30 minutes. After its completion the person will continue to sweat for another 10 minutes, as the energy that had accumulated in the bath.
Indications for visiting infrared saunas
The procedure is shown to improve physical and psychological state, health, medicinal purposes.
In cosmetics the IR bath is indicated for skin problems – rashes, teenage changes, dermatitis, dandruff, hair loss. With higher open the pores the skin is cleansed of dead cells, toxins and dirt. Due to the blood flow improves nutrition. The skin becomes smooth, supple and elastic structure. After the procedure, there is a rejuvenating effect.
A sauna visit is recommended as part of integrated interventions for weight loss and figure correction. The procedure removes toxins from the body, removes the cellulite, eliminates fat accumulation.
- frequent colds, flu, chronic diseases of ENT-organs – quinsy, tonsillitis, laryngitis, sinusitis;
- chronic fatigue syndrome, systemic stress, depression, insomnia, neurological disease (pinched nerve, myasthenia, back pain);
- pathology of the musculoskeletal – scoliosis;
- disruption of the gastrointestinal tract (digestive system) and intestinal failure suction, weak peristalsis, enzyme dysfunction, slags;
- gynecology – premenstrual syndrome, menopause, adnexitis (chronic inflammation of uterine appendages)
- endocrinology – metabolic disorders;
- unstable blood pressure.
There is a perception that infrared radiation can have a negative effect on vision. To make this happen, it is necessary to provide powerful visible flow of energy. Infrared saunas such facilities are not supplied, so do not have a negative impact on human rights.
The risk of negative effects on the body
To obtain thermal energy need dosed. Excessive visiting the infrared cabin can have a negative effect on the General condition, the duration of stay in the bath more than half an hour, the presence of serious pathology of heart and vessels (heart attack, stroke, heart disease).
Some people have unpredictable reactions to thermal energy – a sharp dizziness, pain in the temples, burning of the mucosa of the upper respiratory tract. If you encounter these symptoms the session to stop immediately.
Not recommend a sauna for pregnant women to avoid complications and risk of preterm birth. This is because the effect of radiation on the fetus have not been studied.
Absolute contraindications – infectious processes in the body, postoperative, malignant and benign tumors, suspected internal bleeding, high body temperature. Forbidden bath in case of diabetes, tuberculosis.
Harm infrared saunas at the wrong approach to the procedure:
- It is necessary to individually choose the time interval spent in the cabin according to your biorhythms, with length of time a person experiences discomfort, irritation and severity.
- If the patient is taking medicines, especially of chemical origin, before going to the bath you need to consult with your doctor. At high temperatures, the heat, the substance can enter into chemical reactions that have a negative impact on health.
- A visit to the baths during menstruation may provoke bleeding.
- To wash away the sweat after the procedure, you can not use a cool shower or cold pool. The temperature contrast causes inflammation in the body.
- Treatment with infrared radiation acute alcohol intoxication can be assigned, but only after the extinction of the symptoms (vomiting, impaired brain activity). In chronic alcoholism visit infrared sauna not.
- During the procedure, it is impossible to use cosmetics (creams, oils, scrubs). Heat will contribute to their deeper penetration into tissue, which may lead to negative consequences.
Infrared sauna is not only useful, but can cause substantial harm. The number and frequency procedures must conform to health of the person and the task (for what purpose used). To receive maximum benefit it is important to follow all recommendations of a specialist and listen to your body.