Is it possible to poison mushrooms
Dried mushrooms: methods of preparation, causes of poisoning
Mushrooms in ancient times were used in the Russian national cuisine. Our grandmothers used them in cooking, stocking up for the future – pickled, dried, salted. By the way, in a variety of cuisines mushrooms, too, were widely used, for example, in French – what famous Julien worth it!
What is the benefit of mushrooms
Fresh mushrooms contain a huge amount of vitamins and minerals, high content of sugars, essential oils and valuable for the body’s enzymes. Nutritionists say that protein they contain much more than other belkovosoderzhaschih products, e.g. chicken meat or fish. A lot of them fiber, fatty acids, amino acids. Their benefit is invaluable, so they are often used in the treatment and prevention of many serious diseases. In particular, help to prevent atherosclerosis.
Vitamins in mushrooms are higher than in cereals. Especially high content of vitamins A, D, PP, polysaccharides. Experts claim that the most reliable prevention of cancer is the use of white dried mushrooms, and dried mushrooms help to prevent gout.
Forest species enriched with the extract components, that they make the most delicious, fragrant, rich broth, gravy, sauces. They are the perfect addition to meat, fish, vegetable dishes, seafood salad.
However, despite the benefits, mushrooms, and pose a considerable danger for the body. They are difficult to digest by the stomach, their nutritional value is extremely small. Experienced fans of «silent hunting» know that the hats contain less fiber, so are digested easier than the legs.
Nutritionists believe that the best body absorbs the dried mushrooms in the form of milled flour.
For example, if you can’t imagine your diet without mushrooms, the best method of use, as adding to the dough for baking pancakes, and you can imagine. Store powder in a closed glass jar with a tightly sealed lid. For long-term preservation of the flour is recommended to add a small amount of non-iodized salt, as iodine kills the taste and aroma of the product.
Despite the fact that drying is considered the safest method of processing, should take into account some of the nuances in order to avoid unpleasant consequences – poisoning, and eating disorders.
First, dry mushrooms contain fungin – substance, which gives extra burden on the liver. For this reason, doctors do not recommend to use the product more than twice a week, and young children generally should not be given, at least not earlier than 7 years.
So, drying is one of the most secure methods of cooking, therefore, going on a «quiet hunt», think in advance what you are going to do with the harvest.
Poisoning dry mushrooms
The question is, is it possible to poison mushrooms, of concern to many. In fact, you can get poisoned, and pickled, salted, boiled, fried, and even dried mushrooms. Method of cooking does not matter. Experienced mushroom hunters know that mushrooms can mutate, so even people who know them will not be able to distinguish the present mushroom from the false. So what’s the difference, how were they prepared? Poisonous even after drying, will remain toxic.
The only protection against poisoning is the knowledge of the mycological characteristics of individual species and the differences between them.
Equally important is the gathering place. If he came in clean areas, the risk of poisoning by product much lower than harvested along roads, trails. By buying in the market mushrooms, you need to ask where they were collected.
A third reason may be poisonous dry mushrooms, is the presence of contraindications. Not recommended to use this product persons suffering from diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, diseases of the kidneys and liver.
And finally, the quality of raw material which is used for drying. The mushrooms must be carefully handled. Drying old, mushy, overripe, with signs of decay impossible.
How to dry mushrooms
The easiest and safest method of drying gently spread out the mushrooms on the bottom shelf of the fridge, pre-covered with paper. Two weeks to get it frozen mushrooms, dry them in the oven and storing it. Can be dried in a natural way – in the fresh air.
Properly dried quality mushrooms should be pleasant, velvety to the touch and slightly bend by mechanical action on them. If they crumble into dust when touched, rest assured, you are dangerous, poisonous instance.
Dried mushrooms that are stale, you need to soak in milk for two hours, adding a small sprig of thyme or rosemary. These mushrooms are particularly delicate, unique taste, it will be almost like fresh.
Rules for the collection, processing, preparation and storage
Health is paramount, so how could you not love mushrooms and as a seasoned fan of «silent hunting» you was not, is not superfluous to recall some of the nuances listed below.
- Mushrooms should be collected very carefully, cutting them without a mushroom. Immediately you need to clean the leg of residual soil, leaves and pine needles.
- Old and overripe instances to cut costs, because it is good to clear them from the soil will not work. For example, if you collect mushrooms, look carefully: they are growing families, and are near Mature and young, fresh mushrooms, and here they put in the basket.
- Speaking of the basket, the most eco-friendly packaging for the collection is the wicker baskets. It is well ventilated, and accidentally hit the soil immediately poured through the bars.
- In order to prevent the need to wash several times, and boiled twice, the first water to drain.
- In order to avoid poisoning with botulinum toxin are recommended methods of pickling, drying, salting. Preservation in this list not included, as it is in canned product formed is favorable for botulism environment is airless.
To store dried product in a glass container or fabric bag in a dry, dark, cool place. Ideal – cellar. Strong smell vegetables (garlic, onion) want to keep separate. In case of dampness, the mushrooms should be dried in the oven – this will prevent the spread of dangerous mold.
The dry mushrooms poisoning may occur, if they were kept a few years: so they not only lose flavor, but also accumulate the toxins become dangerous to human health.