Milestones poisonous (Hemlock): description, usage in folk medicine
Features milestone poisonous
Milestones is a poisonous perennial plant. It is also called Hemlock, dog Angelica, smelly grass, golovolomok and so on. Milestones is one of the most poisonous plants on the planet. If time does not provide first aid, death can occur in just a few hours after the poisoning. Simultaneously, the Hemlock is used for medicinal purposes. Even the slightest excess of the acceptable dosage of such means is fraught with fatal consequences. Therefore, it is necessary to remember features of this plant and its use.
Looks like Hemlock
The grass looks impressive milestones. In height it can reach 150 cm, but more common instances not exceeding 100 cm. It has a thick hollow stem, which is closer to the top of the strongly branched. In the lower part there are small grooves. The leaves located in the upper part of the plant, dailyprice. They are placed on short stalks. Lower leaves trizhdyperistye, mounted on long stalks. The tips of the leaves acute, and the edges have small teeth.
Milestones poisonous plant belongs to the family of an umbrella, hence its inflorescence has the shape of an umbrella. It consists of small flowers of white or yellowish color. The diameter of one of the inflorescence can vary from 5 to 15 cm. Number of beams can reach up to 25. Abundant flowering occurs in mid to late summer. Then place the flowers there are small round fruit, not larger than two millimeters. Each fruit consists of a pair of polublokov.
Cat’s parsley and it’s another name for the milestone, it has a thick rhizome. Its average diameter is 6 cm in length it can reach 20 cm From it leaves a large number of roots. On the longitudinal section of the rhizome you can see the widths. Internal cavity filled with yellow liquid. On the air, it oxidizes and changes its color. In this part of the Hemlock are concentrated the majority of toxic substances.
Milestones are often attracted to children pleasant carrot flavor. Therefore, going into the forest, explain to your child that you can not pull in the mouth of an unknown plant.
Where you can find Hemlock
Milestones poisonous can be found almost throughout our country. It grows in the European part, the Caucasus, the far East and even in Siberia. Sometimes a Hemlock is found in Asia. Less common on the coast of the Mediterranean sea.
The plant feels good on the banks of ponds, marshes or flood plains. Rapidly developing and growing Hemlock in clayey acid soil with sufficient moisture.
What substances are contained in the Hemlock
In all parts of the plant contains potent toxins: Zikalala and cicutoxin. Their greatest concentration is observed in the rhizome. Death in cattle occurs after consumption of 100 grams of the rhizome. For human lethal dosage is 50 grams per kilogram of body weight. Toxic substances resistant to any treatment. They do not lose strength after long periods of freezing, drying and boiling.
The composition of Hemlock are essential oils. They contain kuminova aldehyde and p-cymene. This milestone has a pleasant aroma. Essential oils milestones has found its application in medicine. Recent studies have shown that the leaves of the plant contain flavonoids. In addition, the composition of the plant contains alkaloids and polyacetylenes connection.
Milestones poisonous when used correctly can bring benefits to the body. Among the positive properties are:
- In microscopic doses cicutoxin has a calming effect. Thus it reduces blood pressure, which leads to fatigue and sonnosti person. Means on the basis of cicutoxin in some cases are recommended for migraines, cramps, seizures.
- Tincture milestone helps fight bronchial asthma, epileptic fits, whooping cough, psychosis and hysteria. She has a good diaphoretic and expectorant action.
- When applied topically means on the basis of Cicuta applied to eliminate inflammation in the lymph nodes.
- From the leaves and roots of the plant are preparing a medicinal cream that helps to fight with arthritis and pain in the lumbar area.
Recent studies have shown that cicutin able to affect cancer cells. In this regard, it has been actively used in the fight against cancer.
How to harvest raw materials for drugs
Milestones poisonous must be properly collected and dried. Only in this case it will be possible to prepare an effective drug. Since the plant is poisonous, when its collection is necessary to observe limiting care. Be sure to use gloves.
Rhizomes are best dig in the autumn. At this time, the concentration of toxic substances in it is minimal. Clean the rhizomes dug from the ground and put it in the shade to dry. The room must be well ventilated. In conditions of increased humidity of raw materials mould and its use in the future impossible.
To store procured raw material in tightly sealed containers. Remove them away from children. Do not store poisonous milestones along with other herbs.
Healing agent of Hemlock
Plant Hemlock is often used in folk medicine. The preparations are prepared at home. There are the following recipes:
- Root milestone cure hysteria and nervous overstrain. From it is prepared the medical infusion. To do this, the rhizome is ground into powder. In a glass of water dissolve the resulting powder taken at the tip of a knife. Such a composition should stand for about an hour. After that, it can be strain and take one teaspoon. The correctness of the preparation of and compliance with the dosage will depend on be it medicinal or poisonous infusion.
- Tincture for the treatment of rheumatism and gout is prepared from rhizomes with grass. Obtained from the rhizome powder in the amount level teaspoon mixed with the same quantity of pounded dried herbs. Pour a glass of alcohol and put it into 17 days in the dark. With the help of this tool spend rubbing the sick plots.
- The powder of the roots and herbs can be mixed with pork fat, which is pre-melted. Thereafter, the mixture was infused for 10 days. It is used for the treatment of gout and rheumatism.
Treatment by such means unsafe. If you inadvertently take a large dose of tincture, you can get serious poisoning. Therefore, to carry out such treatment only after a conversation with a specialist.
The signs of poisoning
Milestones poisonous provokes severe poisoning. The first symptoms appear after 10 minutes. Among them are:
- unsteadiness of gait;
- unpleasant sensations in the stomach;
- dizziness and headache;
- severe vomiting;
- increased salivation;
- dilated pupils;
- my fast heartbeat.
Human behavior becomes similar to the state of strong alcoholic intoxication. If victim not in time to help, the consequences can be fatal as the poison Hemlock is a substance that leads to death.
At the first warning signs call an ambulance. Self-medication in this case is dangerous for life.
What to do in case of poisoning
Hemlock is poisonous and can cause severe poisoning. If time does not take action, people die. So, after you called the ambulance, the victim should give first aid. To do this, follow these guidelines:
- Rinse the stomach. This can be done only if the victim is conscious. For washing, you can use a pale pink solution of potassium permanganate or saline. A person should drink at least a liter of prepared liquid. Then you need to vomit, gently pushing the root of the tongue. This procedure should be repeated at least three times.
- After washing stomach of the victim should be given sorbent. It is best to use enterosgel, smectite or Polisorb. You can do a simple activated carbon.
- If the victim is unconscious, until the arrival of the ambulance it is necessary to conduct resuscitation.
The antidote to the Hemlock not there. Therefore, treatment will involve supportive care.
Milestones – a poisonous plant, is applied medicinally, be careful. To use it without special necessity it is not worth it.